13 A Conversion to Non-Quota Immigrant by Marriage - Quick Help

I think i have every thing in hand and ready to go for the first 13A Non Quota visit. Have been delaying too [email protected]#$ long, and the extension every 2 months has certainly gotten old. Thanks to FutureDude for the Affidavit. I had a copy of the applicant letter from an old (dead) link, and used that after replacing it with the current BI secretary's name.

Will report on first visit, i expect a quick nod and then to be told to come back in 5 days. BTW, right after the satellite office in Mactan opened i stuck my head in the door to see if they could handle the 13A. After trying to slam the door in my face (i was in shorts and flipflops, no worries) the nice folks confirmed that 13A needs to go through the BI office in Mandaue. Again, no worries for me, and i love to have an excuse to put the Spousal Unit on the RUSI p-pad to cross the bridge! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monsoon

• SkyMan

• CebuKano

• Thelandofku-an

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found this somewhere else....     "Sample spouse letter for 13 (a) Resident Visa – Philippines immigration." 18 October 2012 RICARDO A DAVID JR Commissioner Bureau of Immigration Intramuros, Ma

From what I have heard you need the Quarantine thing done only if your applying from abroad, so shouldn't apply here, didn't for me.   Yes, the above template is what I used also and was fine. Reme

Well...starting the beginning of this year, any foreign bank wishing to be tied to other banks internationally must report any US citizens with more than $10,000 US (or the local currency equivalent) 

Headshot

I'm not sure what you are talking about. The form is available inside the BI.

SkyMan

The form is to be purchased outside by one of the fixers, as per BI rule. It's like p15.

Do you have anything factual to contribute?
mpt1947

Yeah, that looks like about what I did but don't remember any Quarantine Clearance.  I don't remember any financial stuff either but maybe I brought in a US bank statement or something.

Yeah, that looks like about what I did but don't remember any Quarantine Clearance.  I don't remember any financial stuff either but maybe I brought in a US bank statement or something.

I don't recall anything about a Quarantine either  - I had copies of bank statements showing my SS and Disability and my current debt - I was asked how much I make a month, but wasn't required to prove it.

mpt1947

Good Luck.........getting a 13A is not something that can be accomplished in a few days.  You might have a copy or your original BC as well and maybe 3 or four passport type pics (see guidelines on Philippine site.)  If your paperwork and documents are in order you can look forward to at least 3 visits. 1. Application process  2. Interview process.  3. Approval/probation and ACR card.  Then after your 1 year probation you get to do most of it again to adjust your status to Permanent 13A (good for 5 years), plus the fees of course.  During your probation period you might check and see if their are any restrictions on you leaving the country.  There was a one time.  Good Luck.

I was not required  to do anything with quarantine or physical. 

The only requirement regarding leaving the country is you can't leave until you get you ACR-I Card, even if your passport has been stamped - once you have that you can come and go as you like - have to pay additional fees and you have to be back to either Report or change status to Permanent 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

The only requirement regarding leaving the country is you can't leave until you get you ACR-I Card, even if your passport has been stamped - once you have that you can come and go as you like - have to pay additional fees and you have to be back to either Report or change status to Permanent 

I think its worth nothing that the 13A visa only makes good sense if you plan on staying the Philippines for the most part and rarely travelling abroad, or if you plan to work and don't want any headaches with work visas. Otherwise, its a pretty crappy visa. I have one and am thinking about dropping it for a retirement visa.

mpt1947

Don't forget the new requirements to provide national police clearance documents from your country of origin as well as NBI clearance if you have been in the Philippines longer than 6 months. This one is proving quite the stickler for many applicants.

What new requirements - I have been spending time on the BoI site and can't find any references to Police Reports or Deposit Requirement for a 13a Visa.  Can someone please cite where you are getting this information - 

Hearing it from someone else doesn't count

SkyMan

I don't recall anything about a Quarantine either

Actually now that I think about it, I think if you do your 13A overseas you have to do some medical/quarantine stuff on arrival.  No biggy though.  I think you just pay some doc a couple hundred pesos for his signature.

you have to be back to either Report or change status to Permanent

By Report, if you're referring to the Annual Report you can be out of country at that time Jan-Feb as long as you pay it as soon as you get back in country.  No penalty.
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

What new requirements - I have been spending time on the BoI site and can't find any references to Police Reports or Deposit Requirement for a 13a Visa.  Can someone please cite where you are getting this information - 

Hearing it from someone else doesn't count

The requirement is defined under:

MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. RADJR-2012-028

SUBMISSION OF NBI CLEARANCES AND POLICE CLEARANCE

FOR IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATIONS

Also, financial capability has always been a requirement for the 13A visa. It just seems that, depending on which hearing officer you get, they look to see some proof of income or some cash in the bank. Nobody has defined an official level, which is probably a good thing for most people.