• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lauie

• austwin

• Headshot

• battleborn

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the forum. Use it as you would. Whatever question you ask will elicit many responses, I am sure. But having been born in Leyte, you'd know a lot more than very many here about the Philippi

Well...this is a predominantly expat (or wannabe expat) forum. Since most expats in the Philippines are male, it would follow that most forum members are male. However, don't let that put you off. The

Well, there are a lot of topics about friendly females, of course.  Hahaahaha

MrSuave

Welcome to the forums!

battleborn

Welcome, nice to have another lady join the forum.

Laurie perhaps?  You left the Phils about the time I arrived.  Prices haven't changed a lot I think, it's just the effect of the declining dollar.

:welcome2:    btw, this forum is about all the RP not just Cebu.

I beg to differ concerning prices.  Here's Peter Wallace's commentary for today, 7th March.

Inflation

hits 5-month high in February

Consumer prices climbed to their highest  level in 5 months, the National

Statistics Office (NSO) reported yesterday, but the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP)

said that inflation remains manageable, suggesting interest rates will be left

on hold in the near term. Annual inflation picked up more than expected in

February to 3.4%, the fastest since September last year, bringing the average

inflation in the first 2 months of the year to 3.2%, near the bottom of the

central bank’s 3 to 5% target range.

However this is no place for another thread on the economic climate.  We should continue in one of the other existing threads.

Alfred E. Neuman

Uy, maayu, naa laen babaye!

Topper

Welcome Lauie. Nice to have you aboard. :wave:

InternetTough

Welcome to the forum. Use it as you would. Whatever question you ask will elicit many responses, I am sure.

But having been born in Leyte, you'd know a lot more than very many here about the Philippines, so fire away with your own answers to others' questions, please.

Edited by InternetTough
  • Like 1
austwin

Welcome aboard Lauie,

I am also a newbie but have found the forum quite informative and when it's not that.... at least it's amusing :db: .

What part of Leyte do you hail from?. I lived in Ormoc and Maasin many years ago and still have close friends living in Maasin.

Mr. Mike

Ma'am. *blush* 

Oops!! Welcome dear lady! :rose:  :rose:  :rose:

Edited by Mr. Mike

But having been born in Leyte, you'd know a lot more than very many here about the Philippines, so fire away with your own answers to others' questions, please.

As long as I know the answer to the question, I will. :)

Welcome aboard Lauie,

I am also a newbie but have found the forum quite informative and when it's not that.... at least it's amusing :db: .

What part of Leyte do you hail from?. I lived in Ormoc and Maasin many years ago and still have close friends living in Maasin.

hint: It's close to Maasin. That's all I can tell you. :P

Welcome, nice to have another lady join the forum.

So this is a predominantly male forum. No wonder I've been called "Sir" twice already and why there are no female-friendly topics (not that I was looking) :P

battleborn

Predominantly expat forum, most of which are male.

Headshot

So this is a predominantly male forum. No wonder I've been called "Sir" twice already and why there are no female-friendly topics (not that I was looking) :P

Well...this is a predominantly expat (or wannabe expat) forum. Since most expats in the Philippines are male, it would follow that most forum members are male. However, don't let that put you off. There is still a lot of good information on LinC Forums for anybody who wishes to read it. There is also a lot of nonsense because it is a predominantly male crowd, but it is easy enough to ignore the silly stuff if you want to. Enjoy the forums. It really is good to have another female voice here. It adds a different (and valuable) perspective.

• Like 1
SkyMan

Well, there are a lot of topics about friendly females, of course.  Hahaahaha

• Like 1