Issue with US Fiancee Visa

AB2000

Did you call NVC and/or get your MNL#?

Next, Schedule the the embassy interview, have her take the medical at St Luke at least a week prior to the interview, and complete the CFO seminar.

If everything goes smoothly, she could potentially have the visa a few weeks after you receive the MNL# from the NVC.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• AB2000

• Dolsos

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the idea of having a "bail type" system applied to a fiance visa sponsorship   After receiving a full set of  completed documents the sponsor should be allowed to place a deposit of say $15K

Last year, things went topsy turvy with USCIS. Vermont Service Center got backed up for some reason in Feb-March, while California was kicking the NOA2 approval notice out in 2-3 months, Vermont all o

I would never wait 120 more days.  I would be calling ever other week if not weekly.  I would be nice to them and ask them to please check the status.  You never know who you may get on the phone.  I

RedKing

I received the Approval Notice but it said the NVC processing would not be complete for two to four weeks and to wait a minimum of 30 days before contacting them.  I guess that is when we get the MNL#.

AB2000

Ha ha, that's what they say, but start calling them about a week after the noa2, every day. It was about 10 days after my noa2 that I was able to get the MNL# from calling NVC. Once you have that, you're golden, although I hear now St Luke is getting pissy about having a copy of the letter (or an email from NVC) with the MNL# on it.

wayneman

the usa sequestration began friday night and lots of federal workers to be laid off.

i hope they lay them all off......get a real job and stop living off tax payers

shadow

i hope they lay them all off......get a real job and stop living off tax payers

Sure, and just what would you expect to happen to your (and others) visa petition if there were no more federal workers?

• 5 weeks later...

I filed a I-129F in Mid-February and got approval at the end of May.  3.5 months from the CSC.

shadow

I filed a I-129F in Mid-February and got approval at the end of May.  3.5 months from the CSC.

CSC seems to be recovering from a 6 month vacation, many petitions filed last August were approved in March and April. Now VSC is the questionable service center again, after 5.5 months VSC transferred some cases to other service centers.

BFHammer

Maybe you should have bought a PO box for North Dakota, probably no waiting at the desk of that worker vs California. 

shadow

Maybe you should have bought a PO box for North Dakota, probably no waiting at the desk of that worker vs California. 

There are currently two options for K1 visa, CSC or VSC, with the exception of if/when VSC transfers cases to other service centers. Petitions filed from ND are by default rerouted from Texas to Cal.

I filed an I-129F last July, it was received August 2nd but the approval wasn't until April 22nd.  After that the process sped up.  Sent to Manila in May and my fiancée received her instructions yesterday.

We are now waiting the 2 months for the sputum test (to hopefully be negative). I hope she and her boys can get here before school starts.

BFHammer

There are currently two options for K1 visa, CSC or VSC, with the exception of if/when VSC transfers cases to other service centers. Petitions filed from ND are by default rerouted from Texas to Cal.

It was worth a thought :)  Also why I'll be calling you to handle things should I ever stumble down an aisle.  

shadow

It was worth a thought :)  Also why I'll be calling you to handle things should I ever stumble down an aisle.  

Years ago there were 4 service centers that normally processed spousal and fiance visas, California, Vermont, Nebraska, and Texas. That system was much too efficient so they had to do away with Nebraska and Texas to create occasional havoc. Now California and Vermont switch back and forth on who can process in a timely manner, and who may make an applicant wait for 8-10 months for someone to pick up a folder and look at it, or worse yet, pass it on to another service center.