Issue with US Fiancee Visa

smokey

So about the time she's ready to retire she'll get processed...

guess its times like this that we should be grateful we are from countries where anyone can with hard work make a good living 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• AB2000

• Dolsos

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the idea of having a "bail type" system applied to a fiance visa sponsorship   After receiving a full set of  completed documents the sponsor should be allowed to place a deposit of say $15K

Last year, things went topsy turvy with USCIS. Vermont Service Center got backed up for some reason in Feb-March, while California was kicking the NOA2 approval notice out in 2-3 months, Vermont all o

I would never wait 120 more days.  I would be calling ever other week if not weekly.  I would be nice to them and ask them to please check the status.  You never know who you may get on the phone.  I

tokyoman

I like the idea of having a "bail type" system applied to a fiance visa sponsorship

After receiving a full set of  completed documents the sponsor should be allowed to place a deposit of say $15K with immigration.This will then allow him to bring his

fiance into the country right away.

After successful processing he will get back his deposit 

On the other hand If she gets knocked back she will be asked to leave ASAP or he would lose his deposit and she would face deportation/ overstaying

• Like 2
USMC-Retired

I would never wait 120 more days.  I would be calling ever other week if not weekly.  I would be nice to them and ask them to please check the status.  You never know who you may get on the phone.  I would try and figure out what office it is in and who is handling it.  When you call you need to get as much information as you can.  Try and find out who is the supervisor for that division it is held in.  You can sit and wait if you wish however I would be getting all the information I could.  Thus on your next call you can be even more prepared for more questions.  You should regard questions to the people that are in the office.  Then you need to start with the social meida and google and every other search engine to find these people on the web.  Most social media have works at.  So you can link the two when you find those names.  Draft up a 50 word plea for assistance.  No more.  Those when you find them you can then send it.  Linkedin is one of the best social media because it is professionals   Once you find out who has this document and where they are you may even consider a visit with that person if it is possible.  Remember you do not want piss them off yet you want them to get you to the front of the line and get it done.

I know this works and I have used it.  I had one silver bullet here in the Philippines because of contacts.  I used it and in 4 days I had my marriage license.  I have used this type of fact finding to push other issues also.  Senators and Congressman are great but really have nothing regarding this so best to keep them out.    

• Like 1
SkyMan

I like the idea of having a "bail type" system applied to a fiance visa sponsorship

Never fly for 2 reasons.  First, they don't want to set a price on citizenship or in this case, a visa.  Second, you'd have a bunch of people screaming that all the rich people get preferential treatment because the poor people have to wait a year or more.  So then you'll have people trying to get bail wavers because they can't afford the bail, etc.
SkyMan

Larry, what's the time frame on spousal visas running now?

quit_yume

So other than reviewing the paperwork in the application for completeness what exactly are they doing with the case?  Is it really just sitting on a desk somewhere waiting for someone to review it or are they waiting to hear back from other agencies confirming the information that you submit?

ozboy

Well my american buddy (Who Paul knows) and visits maybe 2-3 months a year...is inbetween jobs or a seasonal worker either driving trucks in texas or gold dredging in Alaska....applied for a fiance visa n got her back to the states this Feb....5 months...

He has only known her for just over a year....if that means anything...

Edited by ozboy
USMC-Retired

There are thousand of applications that just sit there and they get to them one by one in priority.  If there is a error it is then reviewed by a third party.  Which it is again sitting on desk with thousands of others with errors.  If there is something missing or something incomplete it goes to another person for verification.  It can get caught in that cycle also.  

shadow

Every once in a while a glitch happens in the system. As of one year ago, both Vermont and California service centers (VSC and CSC) were kicking out approval notices (NOA2) in 4-6 months. This of course is the FIRST step in getting a visa.

In Feb of 2012, something happened at VSC. All of a sudden they stopped approvals.

In June CSC was kicking out NOA2 in record time, about 2-3 months. Vermont had not kicked ONE out since early March. 

In July, USCIS transferred thousands of cases from VSC to other service centers. Since then, CSC is now STILL working on (I put this lightly) cases submitted on July 18, 2012. They have been stuck on July 17-18 since October going nowhere and offering no valid reasons or predictions since then.

THOUSANDS of people are now caught up in this, and THOUSANDS are calling every week, or every other week. Unfortunately  this only ADDS to the workload, which they don't seem to be dealing well with already. Not only do they have thousands of cases that are overdue, they have THOUSANDS of people calling every day (or every other week) to deal with, who feel they are special and should not have to wait like everyone else.

There are exceptions, we have clients who filed for K1 in August through CSC, who are STILL waiting for NOA2. We also have clients who filed through CSC in September (over a month later), who were transferred to Missouri, who received their VISA in February. 

It appears to be purely the luck of the draw. This has happened in the past, so is nothing that new. I expect they will get it all sported out, and start kicking NOA2 out again in a timely manner. One thing that seems clear, spousal visa petitions are getting NOA2 faster than Fiance. That being said, we are telling our clients to expect 8-12 months for both types of visa, DCF excluded. Our last DCF was processed in 54 days, start to finish. That too, is up for variations at any time.

Since FJan 1, we have 5 clients who have filed DCF.  There have been some drastic chances in the filing process there too, time will tell what if any effect it has on the DCF timeline. 

Edited by shadow

I feel for you Next year...I applied in August and am still waiting.ScreenShot2013-02-24at25458PM_zps8f6681c

ScreenShot2013-02-20at72803PM_zpsd7fa094

Edited by AB2000

So other than reviewing the paperwork in the application for completeness what exactly are they doing with the case?  Is it really just sitting on a desk somewhere waiting for someone to review it or are they waiting to hear back from other agencies confirming the information that you submit?

They are, for what ever reason, working on other cases at the expense of K1 visas.

• 2 months later...
AB2000

Well, they finally started cranking out the petitions a few weeks ago. Mine got approved, so my fiancee and her 2 boys will be going for their medical soon. Then as long as no TB issues, then the embassy interview, CFO, and then flying to the USA.

shadow

Well, they finally started cranking out the petitions a few weeks ago. Mine got approved, so my fiancee and her 2 boys will be going for their medical soon. Then as long as no TB issues, then the embassy interview, CFO, and then flying to the USA.

Yes, many are getting approvals now, looks like it will be back to normal soon.

smokey

How old is the daughter?  Last time I looked at the priority chart I think they were working on family sponsored visa's from 2001ish..  so maybe they're up to 2002/2003 now?

way to late she is 2011 and now 26 forgetaboutit

RedKing

They received the application for my fiancée August 2nd and it was approved April 22nd.  Does anyone know how long the rest of the process takes?