Issue with US Fiancee Visa

Maybe Next Yr

Last August I sent in the I-129F form to have my Sweetie come over to the US.  I decided that my setup here in CA Bay Area was too good to abandon (good job, good money, etc.).   The USCIS marked the Visa processing as starting on September 10th, 2012.  Well I just called to inquire because the 5 month average time was up  (they said were working on forms from July18th, 2012).  They just sent me a letter saying they are having long processing times and if I don't hear from them in 120 days, then call again!

Would this have gone faster if I paid an agency?  Some of them claim 2-3 months.   Is there any way to speed up the process?  Any ideas?

Frustrating,  :banghead:   I've been to Cebu 7 times in 2+ years (2 weeks or a month at a time) but now I need to be here for awhile!

Thanks in advance for any ideas/information!

Peter      

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• AB2000

• Dolsos

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the idea of having a "bail type" system applied to a fiance visa sponsorship   After receiving a full set of  completed documents the sponsor should be allowed to place a deposit of say $15K

Last year, things went topsy turvy with USCIS. Vermont Service Center got backed up for some reason in Feb-March, while California was kicking the NOA2 approval notice out in 2-3 months, Vermont all o

I would never wait 120 more days.  I would be calling ever other week if not weekly.  I would be nice to them and ask them to please check the status.  You never know who you may get on the phone.  I

SkyMan

Would this have gone faster if I paid an agency?

No.

Is there any way to speed up the process?

No.

Any ideas?

Be patient.

No faster if you pay an agency, once it gets to immigration it can sit on a desk as long as they want until it gets processed.  It took us 4 months start to finish when I brought my wife over but times vary greatly.

As long as you submitted all the documents you needed to you'll be fine, just a waiting game.

Good luck to you, hope it speeds up.

smokey

Last August I sent in the I-129F form to have my Sweetie come over to the US.  I decided that my setup here in CA Bay Area was too good to abandon (good job, good money, etc.).   The USCIS marked the Visa processing as starting on September 10th, 2012.  Well I just called to inquire because the 5 month average time was up  (they said were working on forms from July18th, 2012).  They just sent me a letter saying they are having long processing times and if I don't hear from them in 120 days, then call again!

Would this have gone faster if I paid an agency?  Some of them claim 2-3 months.   Is there any way to speed up the process?  Any ideas?

Frustrating,  :banghead:   I've been to Cebu 7 times in 2+ years (2 weeks or a month at a time) but now I need to be here for awhile!

Thanks in advance for any ideas/information!

Peter      

California is WAY slower then all the other places that process these visa request ...   our visa took almost 1 year the time killer is the physical 

Edited by smokey

On a side note, you only have a short window to get married once she gets here, 90 days if I remember correctly?  So you could use this time to start planning a wedding if you're planning to have anything beyond a simple service.  Hard to throw together in 90 days otherwise.

shadow

Last year, things went topsy turvy with USCIS. Vermont Service Center got backed up for some reason in Feb-March, while California was kicking the NOA2 approval notice out in 2-3 months, Vermont all of a sudden was taking 8-9 months.

In June, CSC was still kicking NOA2 out in under 3 months. In July, USCIS transferred thousands of cases from Vermont to other service centers, CSC being one of them. Everything shut down. CSC has been stuck on processing petitions filed on July 18 for several months now with NO movement. The first of January we called inquiring about a case that was filed in early August, they told us 30 days. Nothing has happened there yet, still stuck on July 18, now they say 120 days (4 more months!).

There are a few tricks that a knowledgeable agent can use that will shave a couple of weeks off the processing time. NOBODY can honestly claim to do the fiance visa process in 2-3 months consistently. Those agencies are lying. Our quickest K1 was 3.5 months, but that was when CSC was kicking out NOA2 in 2 months, which has only happened once in all the years we have been doing this. An agent is not going to be able to help you with the current problem, but once you are through that there are a couple of tricks that may save you some time (2-3 weeks). Other than that all an agency can do is make sure your paperwork is in order and your girl is well prepared for interview. Few are even qualified to do that.

Maybe USCIS is too busy trying to find a way to give 10 million illegal Mexicans citizenship to worry about the families of US citizens who are trying to do this the legal way.

All you can do is wait.

• Like 1
throttleplate

the usa sequestration began friday night and lots of federal workers to be laid off.

the usa sequestration began friday night and lots of federal workers to be laid off.

Except Immigration's mandate is to be self sufficient which is why they constantly raise fee's, I don't think they will be impacted too much by it.

tom_shor

They are busy processing papers for the illegals obama defered. Didn't think they would really go to the back of the line did you.

smokey

i will say i am surprised in how easy it seems to be for women from the Philippines to get jobs... my wife is a care giver at some high dollar rest home in Scottsdale and gets 12 an hour but  was just offered a new job to care for some 90 year old guy with dementia at a great pay but i was able to get her to say no because it was in new york and would require a 6 day a week stay in ... although Manhattan is not exactly a tacky place to live i did not see the point of US if she was going to be living in New York and me in Arizona and cebu...   starting pay was 250 dollars a day and my wife has only an elementary education now if only we can figure out how to get her Lic. nurse to the usa who makes 350 peso a day ... 

side note we applied for her daughter to come to the usa in early 2011 and its still in the beginning phase and looking like with no problems she could be here in just another 6 or 7 years.. (( now that sucks..

Edited by smokey

side note we applied for her daughter to come to the usa in early 2011 and its still in the beginning phase and looking like with no problems she could be here in just another 6 or 7 years.. (( now that sucks..

How old is the daughter?  Last time I looked at the priority chart I think they were working on family sponsored visa's from 2001ish..  so maybe they're up to 2002/2003 now?

shadow

How old is the daughter?  Last time I looked at the priority chart I think they were working on family sponsored visa's from 2001ish..  so maybe they're up to 2002/2003 now?

F1 category has been in retrogression since January of 2011, meaning it is going backwards. They are now processing F1 categories filed in October 1998.

A few months before Robert filed, F1 category was only 1-2 years out. 

How this can be is beyond me, but it is.

Maybe Next Yr

Thanks for all the input ... I guess I'll have to schedule my next trip to Cebu soon... long distance relationships suck!

:wheel:

smokey

she is now 25 seems we would be much better off if she turned mexican 

she is now 25 seems we would be much better off if she turned mexican 

So about the time she's ready to retire she'll get processed...