ExpiredBeef

I lost my passport in the back of a taxi today along with credit card, and state DL.

I don't know the name of the taxi, or car number. I went to WIN radio station and gave them my information so they can make an announcement over the radio hoping that the taxi driver will hear it.

Can anyone tell me if I can get a new passport hear in Cebu? I have already canceled, and ordered new credit cards.

ExpiredBeef

I lost my passport in the back of a taxi today along with credit card, and state DL.

I don't know the name of the taxi, or car number. I went to WIN radio station and gave them my information so they can make an announcement over the radio hoping that the taxi driver will hear it.

Can anyone tell me if I can get a new passport hear in Cebu? I have already canceled, and ordered new credit cards.

shadow

Yes, you can deal with the US consulate in the basement of the Waterfront Hotel, Lahug. Hours are Mon-Fri 9-11. Be there early for best results, and be sure to take copies of some sort of ID.

USMC-Retired

FIRST stop all credit cards from being used.  This happen to me a few years ago when I was robbed.  

Some states like Texas will give you a new DL without ever having to go into the office.  

Go to the Waterfront with hopefully copies of your passport and ID.  I just hope you have copies.  If not try and find your tickets that have your passport number on them.  Delta use to include that on your tickets.  You must report it lost and apply for a new one.  Also you probally lost your Visa for the Philippines.  So you need to go there also and inform them of this.  They will with the copy renew your visa and KEEP THE RECIEPTS so when you get your new passport you can update it.  

Also if you have an ACR they have a screen shot of your first page.  So they could also help you do not have copies.

Edited by USMC-Retired
A_Simple_Man

I can tell you that you will have to file a police report before you apply for a replacement.  I can tell you that the police want to see a copy of the passport before they will issue a police report.  Go figure.  Hope you have one.

If you got in a taxi at a hotel, mall etc, they may have the taxi body number there on record. A lot of places like our condo have cameras, so they can run it back and get the body number, also check where you got it and see if there are any cameras. 

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1