USMC-Retired

I was reading they need the CFO certificate before they can apply for a pass port?

Also do they keep your orginal NSO certificate?

shadow

I was reading they need the CFO certificate before they can apply for a pass port?

Also do they keep your orginal NSO certificate?

That has been the requirement for several years, although it has often been ignored. Make a photocopy and have her take both the original and the photocopy when she applies for her passport. They have been known to keep the original.

USMC-Retired

Just so people do not think I am crazy:

Passport Requirements:

For spouse of foreign national:

• Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or Certified True Copy (CTC) of MC issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR) and duly authenticated by NSO. Transcribed Marriage Contract from the LCR is required when entries in NSO Marriage Contract are blurred or unreadable.
  • Report of Marriage duly authenticated by NSO if married abroad
  • Original and photocopy of Commission of Filipino Overseas (CFO) Guidance and Counseling Certificate of Attendance (required for first time applicants or renewal of passport to be used for the first time the surname of the husband)

CFO Requirements for Registration

1. Original and photocopy of Passport;
  2. Original and photocopy of visa
  3. Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US-bound emigrants (except for K visa holders);
  4. Original and photocopy of Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada-bound emigrants;
  5. Original and photocopy of Certification of Eligibility for Japan-bound emigrants; 
  6. Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;
  7. Duly completed emigrant registration form; and
  8. Payment of the authorized registration fee.

So tell me this if one wants the Passport and the other wants the CFO certificate.  How the hell you get a passport?  You can not attend the class without the passport nor get a passport without the class?      I am not making this shit up it is right there.  I have about had it going office to office and nothing gets done here.

Edited by USMC-Retired

They require it for the spouse because they assume she is getting it to leave the country and join the foreign spouse overseas permanently or semi permanently.  My wife was able to get her passport before the CFO but still had to do the CFO before leaving. 

There was a thread on this very issue...page 2......CFO first then Passport.....Just a hint if you go to the DFA re passport having a child with you will bump you up the line....

USMC-Retired

CFO wants a passport.  So how do you accomplish it?  

Have you tried to apply for a passport at all?  Have her go alone and see what happens.

USMC-Retired

LOL  yes that was the issue today.  We went to CFO they said get a passport come back.  Went to get passport they said get CFO come back.    Now there is a huge disconnect here.  

shadow

This is kind of misleading. The must comply with the requirements for registration when she already has her visa and before she leaves the Philippines. She must register with the CFO before she leaves and present her CFO certificate of completion, along with her passport with the visa in it, to get the sticker on her visa.

It is not a requirement to take the class.

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

That is is what I thought also.  However they were in a confused state so we are going there again Friday and see what happens. 

shadow

LOL  yes that was the issue today.  We went to CFO they said get a passport come back.  Went to get passport they said get CFO come back.    Now there is a huge disconnect here.  

The CFO just recently (Sept) started doing the CFO class themself. I suspect she got a clerk that is unfamiliar with the procedures. We have had a half dozen or so clients who took the class recently without having a passport, my suggestion would be to print the passport requirements and have her take them to the CFO. She does not need the passport to take the class, but must have the passport AND visa in order to register and get the sticker.

USMC-Retired

Ok..  They will issue a blue certificate that you need to present when you get you apply for your passport.  Is it actually blue or some other color?

shadow

Ok..  They will issue a blue certificate that you need to present when you get you apply for your passport.  Is it actually blue or some other color?

Green, there is a picture of one here;

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

USMC-Retired

They must have thought she had the passport and visa already.

Jim Sibbick

Just so people do not think I am crazy:

Passport Requirements:

For spouse of foreign national:

• Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or Certified True Copy (CTC) of MC issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR) and duly authenticated by NSO. Transcribed Marriage Contract from the LCR is required when entries in NSO Marriage Contract are blurred or unreadable.
  • Report of Marriage duly authenticated by NSO if married abroad
  • Original and photocopy of Commission of Filipino Overseas (CFO) Guidance and Counseling Certificate of Attendance (required for first time applicants or renewal of passport to be used for the first time the surname of the husband)

CFO Requirements for Registration

1. Original and photocopy of Passport;
  2. Original and photocopy of visa
  3. Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US-bound emigrants (except for K visa holders);
  4. Original and photocopy of Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada-bound emigrants;
  5. Original and photocopy of Certification of Eligibility for Japan-bound emigrants; 
  6. Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;
  7. Duly completed emigrant registration form; and
  8. Payment of the authorized registration fee.

So tell me this if one wants the Passport and the other wants the CFO certificate.  How the hell you get a passport?  You can not attend the class without the passport nor get a passport without the class?      I am not making this shit up it is right there.  I have about had it going office to office and nothing gets done here.

The answer is to get the passport before getting married