40K per day limit on visa

senseless

senseless

Helpful tip if anyone didn't know.

You can get a visa card from etrade (www.etrade.com) with a 1000$/day (40K ish) withdraw limit. The HSBC atm allows you to withdraw 40K in 1 withdraw for only 5$ in atm fees. The mastercards i have only allow a maximum of 400$ a day (16K ish) withdraw limit for 5$ in atm fees. If I had known this 6 years ago I probably wouldve saved 2000$ in ATM fees.

Etrade's minimum balance for their lowest end checking account is 0$.

Edited by senseless
miles-high

Alternatively, you could “wire-transfer” (via Internet) the funds from your bank overseas to your bank in the Philippines where you maintain a PHP ATM account. It costs approx. USD100.00 per transaction (depending on those two banks) so if you use local ATM (no fee) more than 20 times a month, it’s worth considering… Besides, you could withdraw any amount from your local bank, if needed...

:phil: 

Davaoeno

Alternatively, you could “wire-transfer” (via Internet) the funds from your bank overseas to your bank in the Philippines where you maintain a PHP ATM account. It costs approx. USD100.00 per transaction (depending on those two banks) so if you use local ATM (no fee) more than 20 times a month, it’s worth considering… Besides, you could withdraw any amount from your local bank, if needed...

:phil: 

I pay $40 at my bank in Canada and $5 at BDO here.   Same fee no matter how large the transfer - have transferred up to 8M at a time for that fee. 

miles-high

I pay $40 at my bank in Canada and $5 at BDO here.

Sorry... I should like to correct it... it should read $36 + 5 per transaction (any amount) through my banks, not $100.

If you request an expedited transfer (within a few hours), it would cost about $100 total... :)