arriving in Cebu

motorboy

I need some information on where I get a visa to enter the country. Do I need to get one prior to my arrival or can I get one upon my arrival. Coming from the U.S.. I know I read this information somewhere here before, but for the life of me I can not find it. 

smokey

I need some information on where I get a visa to enter the country. Do I need to get one prior to my arrival or can I get one upon my arrival. Coming from the U.S.. I know I read this information somewhere here before, but for the life of me I can not find it. 

dude your overstressed just go with the flow they will stamp your passport and life will go on... slow down breath ,, inhale ,,, exhale ... inhale.. etc etc

udonthani

you can't stay in the blessed nation of the Philippines for longer than 21 days without giving the blessed nation some money. In order to expedite this procedure, they have hit on this idea of dotting these Bureau of Immigration offices around the country to pick up the cash.

• Like 1

Being a US citizen U automaticily get a 21 day visa upon entry. The Customs will stamp your passport with a departure date thus the 21 one day visa, do not stay longer than that without buying a extension (  Bureau of Immigration offices) while U are still in your first 21 day stay  in the PI or U will face a fine on your departure. So U do not really get a Visa paper form, but a stamp on your passport telling U when the 21 days expires...

But U must have fun on your trip or everyone will be disappointed in you ... lol ... :yahoo:

Edited by tim
  • Like 1
udonthani

USA citizens aren't preferred. Israelis and Brazilians, get 90 days on arrival not the 21 everybody else from a non-fleapit country gets.

Edited by udonthani
  • Like 1
SkyMan

If you staying more than 21 days get a visa from one of the RP Embassies in the US before you come.  The you'll get 59days  on arrival before you have to extend.  Saves $$ and a trip to the BI.

• Like 1
motorboy

Being a US citizen U automaticily get a 21 day visa upon entry. The Customs will stamp your passport with a departure date thus the 21 one day visa, do not stay longer than that without buying a extension (  Bureau of Immigration offices) while U are still in your first 21 day stay  in the PI or U will face a fine on your departure. So U do not really get a Visa paper form, but a stamp on your passport telling U when the 21 days expires...

But U must have fun on your trip or everyone will be disappointed in you ... lol ... :yahoo:

thank you, very good explanation and now I can relax

motorboy

I went to the Philippine Embassy site and found this temporary visitor visa

For nationals of countries without visa agreement with the Philippines:

1. Single entry valid for three (3) months US$ 40.00
  2. Multiple entry valid for six (6) months US$ 80.00
  3. Multiple-entry valid for twelve (12) months US$ 120.00 Can I pay 120.00 and stay for a year?

Best info I found about visa to Philippines, is on web-site of the Philippine embassy in Norway

http://www.philembassy.no/consular-services/visa

Some of the information you will find below, but you can check the web-site for the details

-------

C. Below are different types of Entry Visas for Tourists and their respective fees:

1. Single ENTRY valid for three (3) months (NOK 237);
  2. Multiple ENTRY valid for six (6) months (NOK 474); and
  3. Multiple ENTRY valid for one (1) year (NOK 711)
  4. Expedite Fee - pay an additional NOK 79 to get your visa in just 5 days.

Important Note: Payments for Visa are Non-Refundable

D. The above-mentioned visas are for ENTRY purposes
only. Period of stay (which will not exceed 59 days) will be determined
by the immigration officer at the point of entry in the Philippines.

-----------

Danish, Icelandic, and Norwegian nationals who are travelling to the Philippines for short-term business and tourism purposes are allowed to enter the Philippines without visa for a stay not exceeding twenty one (21) days,
provided they hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of
origin or next port of destination and their passports valid for a
period of at least six (6) months beyond the contemplated period of
stay.

Important Note: Nationals that are allowed to enter
the Philippines without a visa for a period of stay of twenty one (21)
days or less and holders of emergency passports or travel documents
issued by their countries does NOT need to apply for a visa.

Nationals from the following countries are allowed to enter the
Philippines without a visa for a period of stay of twenty one (21) days
or less:

-----------

For list check the web-site

-----------

In case of a temporary visitor’s visa holder whose stay in the
Philippines will exceed the authorized period of stay, he/she will have
to report to the Bureau of Immigration, secure an extension of stay and
pay the corresponding immigration fees. Information on fees for
extension of stay and other Immigration fees are available at the Bureau
of Immigration website

------------

For visa extension fee's  check here:   

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=43

Can I pay 120.00 and stay for a year?

NO. The six and twelve month visas are multiple entry visas, valid for one year. During the six month or twelve month terms, you may enter and leave multiple times, but only may stay 59 days each trip, prior to getting a visa extension.

You with me here?

USA citizens aren't preferred. Israelis and Brazilians, get 90 days on arrival not the 21 everybody else from a non-fleapit country gets.

Where do you get the 90 days from ??

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=37

The following are allowed to enter the Philippines without a visa for a stay not exceeding fifty-nine (59) days:

1.      Holders of Brazil passports; and

2.      Holders of Israel passports

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Interestingly, Brazil is one of the few places a Filipino passport can travel to without a visa. But good luck getting there without traversing somewhere requiring one.

SkyMan

i'm confused

About anything in particular or just in general?