Spanish!

• Like 7

KID

Official Language of the USA?

Spanish!

spanglish

• Like 3

Wombat No More

Got my english dictionary around the place here, where some words are marked in brackets, (Foreign, U.S.). Makes one wonder which planet you fella's come from.

It's a nightmare trying to play online scrabble with a Websters Dictionary set up (U.S) and I lose more than 50% of the games coz I lose two or three turns a game as my perfectly legitimate word is unknown in the U.S. system. Try comparing the size of a standard dictionary from Pommy Land, say the Chambers (official scrabble dictionary) with a Websters. One will look at them side by side and wonder where the other 3/4 of the Websters is. Just sayin, but something is lacking in the U.S.system... :popcorn:

The world flat? I thought everyone knew that... Anyway, that theory came from greater Europe. And as 90% of our early immigrants came from Great Britain, and 90% of yours came from greater Europe, well bugger, need I say more?

Davaoeno

i know some who can write in perfect english .. but have a harder time when spoken

I studied French in school for 5 years [ high school level ] and could read novels in French - but take me to France and i doubt that I could order breakfast !!  [ of course we Anglos in Canada tend generally to resent anything Franco - the war still lives on in our minds !!   No you idiots - not  WWll - the Seven Years War   war !! lol  ]

Battle of the Plains of Abraham Part of the Seven Years' War
French and Indian War 300px-Benjamin_West_005.jpg
The Death of General Wolfe by Benjamin West. Oil on canvas, 1770. Date 13 September 1759 Location Quebec City Result Decisive British victory Belligerents 22px-Union_flag_1606_%28Kings_Colors%29. Great Britain 22px-Royal_Standard_of_the_Kingdom_of_Fr France Commanders and leaders James Wolfe 

George Townshend

Louis-Joseph de Montcalm  Strength 4,800 regulars 2,000 regulars
600 colonial army
1,800 militia and Aboriginals Casualties and losses 60 killed
600 wounded 200 killed
400 wounded[1]
  • Like 1

lazydays

No one speaks English in the PH they speak Pinglish, in India they speak Vinglish and so on.

KID

Wombat--All I can say is this-- Anywhere in the world that I choose to travel-- people can understand the English that I speak-- yours ??? :ROFLMAO:

Edited by KID

jtmwatchbiz

i know some who can write in perfect english .. but have a harder time when spoken

I studied French in school for 5 years [ high school level ] and could read novels in French - but take me to France and i doubt that I could order breakfast !!  [ of course we Anglos in Canada tend generally to resent anything Franco - the war still lives on in our minds !!   No you idiots - not  WWll - the Seven Years War   war !! lol  ]

Battle of the Plains of Abraham Part of the Seven Years' War

French and Indian War 300px-Benjamin_West_005.jpg

The Death of General Wolfe by Benjamin West. Oil on canvas, 1770. Date 13 September 1759 Location Quebec City Result Decisive British victory Belligerents 22px-Union_flag_1606_%28Kings_Colors%29. Great Britain 22px-Royal_Standard_of_the_Kingdom_of_Fr France Commanders and leaders James Wolfe 

George Townshend

Louis-Joseph de Montcalm  Strength 4,800 regulars 2,000 regulars

600 colonial army

1,800 militia and Aboriginals Casualties and losses 60 killed

600 wounded 200 killed

400 wounded[1]

your post such as this has me worried, as it contains a fair bit of useless images and info. have you been sharing towels or utensils with any engineers from talisay lately?    

• Like 1

Davaoeno

useless images

Sir - to a Canadian the death of General Wolfe is as sensitive an issue to us as the death of your President Lincoln !!! I demand an immediate retraction !! 

And of course  posting the number of dead is to demonstrate to you that when Canadians go to war we tend to try to settle things with hockey sticks - and thus the death rate is greatly reduced . 

• Like 1

KID

PUCK the canadians  :ROFLMAO:

• Like 2

broden

picture001bja.jpg

• Like 3

Wombat No More

Wombat--All I can say is this-- Anywhere in the world that I choose to travel-- people can understand the English that I speak-- yours ??? :ROFLMAO:

Oh, I thought I had the hearing problem. When I travelled to remote areas of Luzon in the 90's, and ended up in a village of 2,000 persons at I think, around 5 or 6 thousand feet and after 17 kilometres of mountain foot trails, the locals along the way and in the village almost exclusively spoke zero english. They spoke Tingian, Illocano, and some Tagalog. Most of them had never been further away than the province capital. A few spoke broken english (much to the surprise of my new wife who came from the afore mentioned village and she was shocked when her dad started talking to me a little) and several said to me that unlike other foreigners they had seen (rare) I was very easy to understand and were quite pleased with that... My new wife knew 11 languages, including fluent arabic and english (she had a rarely seen knack for language)

If anyone was bound to have a problem, then it is certain to be you, but I don't believe that either... Anyway, I'm a little tired of writing now and that doesn't mean I have a large rubber ring designed for a car wheel, hanging off my arm, well known in the majority of countries speaking english as a "tyre"...

There is one area of earth that speaks a language called American english, simply coz they eliminated and changed english words to their own system, maybe started in revenge against the English troops that they had just thrashed the shitter out of? I see no reason to follow the bastardisation of a language as in the U.S.   oK, let's agree to disagree and move on to other controversies :)

Edited by Wombat No More

Skywalker

It looks entirely likely that a British actor, who played the great American President Lincoln, is going to get an Oscar  It's really quite a dull film, but probably worthy.

If you wish to see another film about Lincoln, which is about the years before he came President, and in my view is a much more entertaining piece, I highly recommend 'Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter'.

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

I demand an immediate retraction !!

please accept my sincerest apology my fearless leader. as a mere follower in your branch davoian gang of mugs i should have known my place and never question the validity of your posts. besides, i should have also known obese ghay cross-dressing sword-swallowing krongkrongs wouldn't be sharing utensils unless they were chopsticks...

post-4506-0-54584300-1361501072_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

KID

oK, let's agree to disagree and move on to other controversies

O.K.-- we can start with this post :)

the English troops that they had just thrashed the shitter out of?

Don't take things so serious wombat-- I was just taking the piss out of ya-- nothing personal-- just good fun

• Like 2

jtmwatchbiz

Don't take things so serious wombat-- I was just taking the piss out of ya-- nothing personal-- just good fun

phil takes everything too serious and to the "mugs" among us it's great fun to get him going...kinda like pulling the string on talking dolls to hear them recite the same thing over and over...

jeez good thing he can't see this :) 

• Like 3