Locked Topics

Johndeere

Johndeere

I'm barred from posting on this topic why? You guys are really getting ridiculous. What did I do wrong?

I RARELY POST BUT DO READ MOSY TOPICS EVERYDAY. IT SEEMS THE MODS ARE BANNING OR CLOSING TOPICS MUCH MORE OFTEN. IN MOST CASES I SEE NO REASON AND FORUMS RULES ARE NOT BROKEN.

SHOULD A MOD BE ABLE TO CLOSE JUST BECAUSE THEY PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE THE FLOW OF MESSAGES EVEN THOUGH NO FORUM RULES ARE BROKEN?

Johndeere

I think this forum as it is being run now, is in full on self destruct mode. you may have a spike in traffic for a while as people want to watch the drama going on lately, but as you can see losing members seems to be the name of the game as of late. Again I ask what I did to be not allowed to respond to certain topics?

A forum is a place to discuss/debate/pontificate. Sometimes, Its also a business, requiring maximal hits for an income and minimal data storage to limit expenses. It simply depends on the strategy of the day what is more important. The balance of getting maximal income and minimal expenses is something you can fine tune foe performance...the tradeable is the membership. If a decrease in membership doesn't equal a decrease in hits then membership is not a critical factor. If more members equal more hits then all hands are on the membership pump.

Its just the way it is

I could not disagree more.

IMO The free flow of information and personal idiosyncrasies of a multiCultural membership is the heady mix that has made this Forum great and wonderfully entertaining and a GREAT source for info on P for the newbie and old Tropical hand equally.

The "Bean Counter" = small minded attitude that now pervades the running of this Forum is detrimental to the success and health of LiP.

The Forum IS the members. WTFKN F

EAGLE Tom

Edited by EAGLE
Alan S

This forum is about Living in Cebu.

It contains information and advice for those who live, or are considering living there, or, to a lesser degree, in other parts of the Philippines.

It is NOT about attacking other members, discussing other forums, or other such topics.

And, for the benefit of, Malipayon Puti, this forum makes NOTHING, I repeat, nothing, for the owners, admins or moderators.

It covers its costs, and ALL the surplus goes to a charity.

I said in one of the locked threads, I WILL continue to lock any threads on this or related topics, and if anyone wishes to push, I am quite happy to ban them entirely.

• Like 4
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

my time has been short here lately and will probably be so for a little while longer at least. just been busy around here for me and i'm still trying to slowly get the new computer put together on top of everything else

but i just want to say

Alan has a long history with this forum, as long as anyone

and i truly believe everything i've ever seen him do on this forum has nothing to do with ego and everything to do with what he thinks is best for the forum.

we may do things in different ways, but really all people do things in different ways, never the less i trust his judgement

you are all free to have your own opinions but that is mine

• Like 1
ArieBombarie

just be sure that these 'internal discussions' don't bother the wrong forums and get in the way of newbies and people looking for information, I was happy to be corrected about the finances of this board, there is some slander out there and a running discussion where good points like that are already addressed might be more workable then poping up new discussions

but tbh I do not really care, I am not living in the vilage, cebu information and discussion is key the rest is just filling

• Like 2
Mr. Mike

my time has been short here lately and will probably be so for a little while longer at least. just been busy around here for me and i'm still trying to slowly get the new computer put together on top of everything else

but i just want to say

Alan has a long history with this forum, as long as anyone

and i truly believe everything i've ever seen him do on this forum has nothing to do with ego and everything to do with what he thinks is best for the forum.

we may do things in different ways, but really all people do things in different ways, never the less i trust his judgement

you are all free to have your own opinions but that is mine

Good enough broden, but when moderating, courtesy and respect for the members is also what is best for the forum. I'll leave it at that.
  • Like 1
InternetTough

I RARELY POST BUT DO READ MOSY TOPICS EVERYDAY. IT SEEMS THE MODS ARE BANNING OR CLOSING TOPICS MUCH MORE OFTEN. IN MOST CASES I SEE NO REASON AND FORUMS RULES ARE NOT BROKEN.

SHOULD A MOD BE ABLE TO CLOSE JUST BECAUSE THEY PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE THE FLOW OF MESSAGES EVEN THOUGH NO FORUM RULES ARE BROKEN?

Howdy, mysterious unhappy newbie! I have not noticed anything unusual about the moderation lately. By the way, you say that you rarely post, but according to your data, you just signed up for this forum on 27 February 2012! You have made a lot of posts for that short amount of time.

Edited by InternetTough
  • Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Good enough broden, but when moderating, courtesy and respect for the members is also what is best for the forum. I'll leave it at that.

i think courtesy and respect from all sides would be for the best

• Like 1
InternetTough

I think this forum as it is being run now, is in full on self destruct mode. you may have a spike in traffic for a while as people want to watch the drama going on lately, but as you can see losing members seems to be the name of the game as of late. Again I ask what I did to be not allowed to respond to certain topics?

What a strong opinion from someone so new! You signed on on 3 February 2012. The Forum is on self-destruct mode "...as it is being run now."? Hmm...you must have been reading posts very carefully for a long time before you signed up to be able to contrast how the Forum is being run now with how it was run in the past.

It certainly is possible!

With all due respect, I disagree with your opinion that the Forum is in "self-destruct mode." With you being so new, also, I can't help but think that you are echoing some of the other posters here recently who have serious problems with some of the mods.

Edited by InternetTough
Davaoeno
I WILL continue to lock any threads on this or related topics,

I have no comment to make re the subject matter, but to continually lock threads to prevent discussion of a matter - any matter- usually just makes people think that there is something that they arent being told. Personally i could care less if the site makes money or not - what difference does it make ? Someone says " oh the owner did something wrong so i dont want to support him financially by visiting his site " . Do you realize what a ridiculous concept that is ? We drive cars that run with oil that was obtained by some country getting invaded or exploited etc - so i have decided to do my part by not driving a car anymore !! Same concept

• Like 4

I was actually banned from a topic last week for the first time, and although slightly surprised, it doesn't bother me. I'm all for free speech and sometimes feel that the mods are heavy handed and don't act transparently, but it is what it is. This is actually a private forum run by a private individual, who by all right, has free reign on his board. Sure it would be nice if he (and by extension the mods) were completely fair to all, about all things, but that's impossible. I've been on boards that were less restrictive, and ones that were a lot more restrictive.

I don't disagree that people should voice their disapproval over how the board is run, for the betterment of the "community", but at the end of the day the forum is the private property of the individual who pays the bills for the hosting and the domain name. If anyone wants a free place to vent their views on all and any subjects, grab a soapbox, and a speaking trumpet and head to your nearest public corner. Even then, let me see how much you can get away with.

And with all due respect to those who fee the board is in decline, and no longer enjoy it here, start your own board. Call it whining and complaining in Cebu...you might be surprised how many members and hits you get! Joke lang... :)

Edited by Smitty
  • Like 3
fanboat

the trick is,

just keep moving forward

who cares if your words are erased

it's the same as reading yesterdays fish wrapper anyway

• Like 4
Bill H

So what all this boils down to is this; someone is on a vendetta against Paul. Maybe deserved, maybe not, but a vendetta for sure. So, they create identities here, using multiple names to stir up more shit in their on going vendetta against Paul. That's how this all appears to me.

That said, this Forum is not the appropriate medium for persecution of this vendetta in my humble opinion. It seems to me they should move on and post their blather on their own site, so we can not be distracted by all their nonsense.

There is a wealth of great information here, which is why most of us belong. We did not sign up to be party to vendettas and personal attacks. I for sure didn't anyway. That's my view on these recent events.

Bill

• Like 3