Security Surveillance System - Camera

your kind of stuck on where to install

yes they need to get securely fastened to a post or wall. my system i DIY and one cam kinda loosened and tilted. now instead of catching a side yard view it catches the cute leggy pokpok and buyot brother next door bathing, most nites around 11pm, weekends 10pm, mornings sometimes 8 am, sometimes with a partner at 2 or 3am or upon request. 

One would have to ask why you track his schedule and haven't fixed the camera angle yet...   Hmmm..... :stick_poke:

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

http://www.openpinoy.com/shop/step1.php?number=4393&scode_mode=&sc_code=C20120716052144&sm_cdoe=

This is not that difficult to set up.  However this would be a wired unit.  You do not need wireless cameras.  Also using wiresless brings on issues all there own.  So I would go with something like this.  Then I would wire it up.  It has internet login and as it connects to the internet via your router.  You can get a larger DVR or smaller one.  More cameras or less cameras.  Guess what if you have smart phone it has an app so you can log right in.  So it is compatiable.

LastManStanding

I have three systems here in the PH which I access remotely.

All systems use camera's from cdr king (999 php per camera)

Two dvr units are from cdr king (last one is 8 channel for 3,000 php)

One dvr unit is from Rover SM (16 channel 20,000 php)

The price difference between Rover and CDR king is huge but the only reason I did it for that one DVR is the service they give you.  

But in the future I will only buy CDR king as in the end its really the same china products.

Wires and multi plug adapters I bought at Rover as they have integrated video/power (+ audio on some) so there is only one cable.  Cheap as well.

You can only use PLDT DSL Line to serve remotely as Globe and Smart are behind a NAT so it will be blocked.

I have a guy here who does all the wiring for me as I can't bother with that as its so cheap to pay someone to do that for me.

• Like 2

Guess what if you have smart phone it has an app so you can log right in.

A friend of mine owns / runs Beach Club Resort, here in Sihanoukvile. They set up the system with all cables running to one area, where it is monitored 24 hours per day on a 42" monitor.

She logs in through software installed on her netbook, as well as an app on her smart phone and iPad, which allows her to log in anywhere, at any time, to view the video surveillance system at the resort.

Thelandofku-an

Hey Smokey, I went into Rover today and they have set up shop in all major SM malls including the "provincial cities" of the Visayas, no problem mate!

BTW, when I looked at Rover equipment in Robinsons it had a marked-up price. Cheers!

Thelandofku-an

Wires and multi plug adapters I bought at Rover as they have integrated video/power (+ audio on some) so there is only one cable.  Cheap as well.   You can only use PLDT DSL Line to serve remotely as Globe and Smart are behind a NAT so it will be blocked.

There you go Smokey, one ups or inverter/charger for the whole shebang to stay on line during black/brown-outs...

Thelandofku-an

Two dvr units are from cdr king (last one is 8 channel for 3,000 php)   One dvr unit is from Rover SM (16 channel 20,000 php)

Important question for choosing ups/inverter: Do either of these need to be manually reset after power gliches, or Smokey will be flying back here to turn them back on....

yes indeed, the biggest problem with these cameras is that you need a power source for every camera.

then u need to connect the cameras to the server/memory box

lots of wires, in Smokeys case, because of the big house..a bigger then normal undertaking.

(u then connect to the server trough internet and watch on a remote screen/laptop/smartphone) thats not complicated, most systems have that option.

Irenicus

The only downside is the cost of 20MM canon rounds.

post-14529-0-89490100-1361376046_thumb.jpg

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

When I install the video cameras here, I will probably pop over to Singapore and buy a system there.  Cheaper and better quality I would think.

I bought the simple system I have in Singapore. Hong Kong has more selection at better prices but the language barrier comes into play a bit more there, and you have to be on guard for cheap Chinese crap.

Buying it locally in the Philippines will just cause someone to try to take the piss and charge you double for the hardware and create a career out of a half day installation project.  Find a local geek to do the networking part of it for you and direct  an electrician who can hang the cameras and run the wires.

• Like 1
smokey

When I install the video cameras here, I will probably pop over to Singapore and buy a system there.  Cheaper and better quality I would think.

I bought the simple system I have in Singapore. Hong Kong has more selection at better prices but the language barrier comes into play a bit more there, and you have to be on guard for cheap Chinese crap.

Buying it locally in the Philippines will just cause someone to try to take the piss and charge you double for the hardware and create a career out of a half day installation project.  Find a local geek to do the networking part of it for you and direct  an electrician who can hang the cameras and run the wires.

we often have this problem with painters ,, one time we hired a tile guy and swear to god in one day he layed 4 tiles.. he was paid 400p a day..

Thelandofku-an

BTW, if you're planning to arrive in the Philippines and buy CDR-King stuff it will depend on stocks.

Solution is to reserve on-line in advance from their consignment nominating the store you wish to collect from and they'll deliver it there.

Their product pages are a mess because they combine current and past stocks.

The current cameras you needed would be the SEC-???-M which is basically the same camera in different cases.

If ants and bugs are a concern go with the cylindrical bodys because they're quite water resistant and keep bugs out.

Pgon