Security Surveillance System - Camera

smokey

I have checked out a lot of systems here in the us and one common factor most need tech support and that will not happen easy with the distance and returning the system is a big hassle so anyone know of a company that can sell and install say a 6 camara set up that can be seen from a pc overseas and approx cost... if you know i see them once in a while at SM during them home shows but cant find them on the internet or their web sites when you put in security and cebu you get social security ..

i want to buy the system in the Philippines and have it installed 

Edited by smokey

We brought an 8 camera Night Owl system from the  US, was 600ish there I think.  We installed it at my store there, only used 4 of the cameras for it a bout 3 weeks before we decided to come here but was amazingly easy to install.   Kind of a pain to mount some of the camera's but nothing too bad if you have an electric screwdriver.

Worked great, we got the higher res 600 tv line camera's, 100ft night vision, i'd recommend the system but you should definately have someone send it to you here, I looked at camera prices and nothing is even remotely close.  Plus it comes with free tech support for life, long as you can make voip calls to the US you'd be fine.  

DVR has ip protocols so you can view it in the US, only thing I don't like about it is I wish you could have it record to a computer offsite, if someone breaks into your house and find sthe dvr they can destroy it then what can you do?  Should be able to have it record to an offsite computer. 

Haven't set it up here yet, no real need too but i'm sure it would work great.

Thelandofku-an

I have checked out a lot of systems here in the us and one common factor most need tech support and that will not happen easy with the distance and returning the system is a big hassle so anyone know of a company that can sell and install say a 6 camara set up that can be seen from a pc overseas and approx cost... if you know i see them once in a while at SM during them home shows but cant find them on the internet or their web sites when you put in security and cebu you get social security ..

i want to buy the system in the Philippines and have it installed 

DIY:

CDRKING Has cheap and cheerful priced stuff that's good enough to maintain on a throwaway basis.

DIY or Installation: Rover Securities in SM Cebu's North Atrium Entrance has more professional stuff and reasonable prices.

Skywalker

CDR King stuff is absolute and unadulterated Chinese made RUBBISH.  Nothing that I have bought there has lasted more than a couple of months.

For something like this, spend the money.  As for remote recording, if you can view it remotely, then you can record it remotely.

I can view the cameras in my London home, on my iPhone and my laptop here in Cebu.

• Like 1
Thelandofku-an

CDR King stuff is absolute and unadulterated Chinese made RUBBISH.  Nothing that I have bought there has lasted more than a couple of months.

For something like this, spend the money.  As for remote recording, if you can view it remotely, then you can record it remotely.

I can view the cameras in my London home, on my iPhone and my laptop here in Cebu.

I agree, unfortunately some of the local installers "rebrand" cdrKing products and mark up the price, I just gave Smokey the two reasonable prices for comparison...

• Like 1
Skywalker

When I install the video cameras here, I will probably pop over to Singapore and buy a system there.  Cheaper and better quality I would think.

• Like 1
Thelandofku-an

I agree, unfortunately some of the local installers "rebrand" cdrKing products and mark up the price, I just gave Smokey the two reasonable prices for comparison...

Conversely; some years ago I bought expensive Hi-res 0 lux mechanical shutter unlit cameras (for enlarging still pics of trespassers) from a reputable supplier mentioned by Paul on this thread.

Well, the circuit boards failed corroding internally despite being put into professional cast alloy enclosures with heaters and fans etc, so I replaced them with Low-res CDR-King products and still have an unused spare CDR-King unit for several years now?

smokey

i found this system and like the idea of wireless as we all know cement walls are a hassle and wires on the outside of a house are not so cool anyone think this system will work as a wireless and i can  add a wifi booster to my house...

https://shop.aafes.com/shop/Product.aspx?dept_id=14101&PFID=Q155C&gid=&AskReturn=search

Ok with wireless, but remember that you still need power for each of the cameras

smokey

Ok with wireless, but remember that you still need power for each of the cameras

so not so wireless after all each has to have power so your kind of stuck on where to install 

so not so wireless after all each has to have power so your kind of stuck on where to install

Actually, wireless cameras may be battery powered too.

Wireless cameras with IR light will use quit a bit of power

I do not think batteries will last for long

And installed on outside walls it could be difficult to change batteries

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

your kind of stuck on where to install

yes they need to get securely fastened to a post or wall. my system i DIY and one cam kinda loosened and tilted. now instead of catching a side yard view it catches the cute leggy pokpok and buyot brother next door bathing, most nites around 11pm, weekends 10pm, mornings sometimes 8 am, sometimes with a partner at 2 or 3am or upon request. 

Wireless cameras with IR light will use quit a bit of power

I do not think batteries will last for long

And installed on outside walls it could be difficult to change batteries

Agreed. I was just addressing his concern about wired vs wireless.

Most wireless cameras I have seen here were powered by the mains power from a receptacle nearby.

Personally, I would go with cameras that were powered and transmitted / received video signal via cable, from the controller. The entire system could then be powered by UPS / generator during a power failure, even if local electric circuits throughout the home were not.

• Like 1