Resident card one day, or never?

hookedtothenet

Apart from having to bring my wife to Manila for each part of the process 13A prob, then 13A Perm everything else was straightforward for me and all charges were as advertised.  BOI staff were helpful and polite and everything was handled in a good time scale on both applications.

• 2 months later...

In my case, the lady in charge of my file, asked me to write a letter of reconsideration

knowing that my reasons to be late for implementing the card are valid, after I have been approved for my 13A visa (for the second time)

and regarding the first time I got my card, they were wrong by telling me to go back on a tourist visa...

Wait and see ...

Davaoeno

Ah, the insult I was waiting for, naieve would have been more palatable, but we shall never meet and I am not one for 'keyboard' warfare. I will say that I was in the country for years on what I assumed was a valid visa (there is your 2nd opening to give me another insult), and what really happened was only apparent after I tried to leave the country and could not, years later.The first probationary visa took some time and I never went back after for the 2nd, sne texts and was told it had not come in yet, don't worry! Sure . The guy responsible was reportedly 'shitting in his pants',and he had good reason to be. I appeared to  be mentally-ill, and I probably was, when I left the Intramuros office they knew where I was going and ran after me and said that I would be treated 'specially' and the exit clearance would only take a few hours instead of the 'four days' that they told had me initially that it would take. In my defense I would also like to add that when all of this first started the BoI internet web-site was not available ,and this site was only someones dream. I went to the Philippines w/ a lonely planet book and that was all that was available. You 'know it alls' who go there now have it a lot easier, can ask each others advice etc, etc...I had no such benfits available to me. The scumbags responsible are still taking advantage of people on a daily basis, as they know the only other way to deal w/immigration is by getting a $200 flight+HOTELS to Manila or Cebu, so there ya go. feck if ya do, feck if ya don't. It is a perfectly laid trap and I walked right into it ( I only paid after consulting my partners family) and other 'FOOLS' are doing it to this day, on a daily basis. I wonder what you would have done in exactly the same situation( no internet web-site , no buddies to just go on-line and ask,huh?)? I really do hope you meet one of the other 'FOOLS' one day and call them a fool to their face. That would be interesting to see. I wanted to be in the country legally and do the right thing. Today I would just laugh at anyone who even suggests getting an ACR, LICENSE or other such ID. I lived there for a very long time and never showed anyone any of them. My International license is all that would be necessary and I would laugh, and already have, at those idiotic RTA guys shaking decent EX-PATS down for not having Philippine licenses. and there LTO buddies, dipshits all of them.

the lack of reciprocal treatment of people who go to the Philippines, and support entire families, is a disgrace and should be addressed, but won't.  Filipino's are treated well in Europe, especially Northwestern Europe as well as the States.

Beware of Mindanao Island is all I will say. I , and others, were warned. I did not listen as my partner was from there, so I went and lived very quietly and discreetly, but whenever I had to deal with a gov't. agncy, that is when I had problems, expensive ones.  

In a separate development, a certain other SCUMBAG, who is a suspect in a car-theft ring and other cases (and has unbelievably remained free from a filippine prison) against U.S. citizens IN THE U.S.A. is being named by sunstar.com as being somehow involved in the murder of an American national in Opal,CDO,Mindanao Island less than 24 hours ago. feckIN MINDANAO.

I dont really have the time to read all of your whining post but is there anyone that you dont hate ??   Your comments are offensive and derogatory and then you state how you arent surprised when people tell you how stupid and ridiculous your posts are !!  You left the Phil but here you are over and over again posting  to stir up shit for no reason it seems other than your own need to let people know that you can hurl insults at everything in the Philippines. 

Do I assume that you make equally retarded comments non stop in Denmark about how the Danish govt abuses you ??  I bet that is a safe assumption to make .   

Davaoeno

knowing that my reasons to be late for implementing the card are valid,

Valid? you went to the govt office and asked for help. They told you that they would make the necessary enquiries and tell you what info they had when you returned the next day.  However , knowing that they were working on your behalf, you decided not to return for 6-7 months.

I'm not quite sure how you will convince them that your reason for being late was valid .

When my lawyer first talked to them after I have been late, they said no. I went myself to talk to the same person and found out that my lawyer talked probably about something else, but certainly not about my case, since the commissioner was aware of nothing.

Today, following his advice, I am writing a letter of reconsideration, since they have all admitted that I should now have my permanent card for years, if I had received the right advice from their own secretary...

Thelandofku-an

oh the old ACR... i was i line at the beginning and the process was long and costly back in 2006 and to get mine signed after this HEALTH screening which included a chip of poop... i still had to pay 35,000 p for the head to sign... now its common and streamlined but the first troopers had to smooth the path for those to follow

Yeah, I remember all the little booths in immigration there, 1980's, shudder!

I think there was an excellent "Cockatoo's" guide in the 90's that was better than Lonely P?

• Like 1
ed villas

I dont really have the time to read all of your whining post but is there anyone that you dont hate ?? Your comments are offensive and derogatory and then you state how you arent surprised when people tell you how stupid and ridiculous your posts are !! You left the Phil but here you are over and over again posting to stir up shit for no reason it seems other than your own need to let people know that you can hurl insults at everything in the Philippines.

Davaoeno yes your so very right that he is "WHINING" and most of the post seems to have insults,

yet by allowing him to POST HIS WHINING. we can see the errors he may have made and learn from them.

in many of your POSTS, Davaoeno i agree w/you as you show me and the FORUM a different look or view at a situation.

no one is perfect and many of us have have made MISTAKES in our BI processing,

LET me(us) learn from his "WHINING" and  not have any problems as he has incurred.

• Like 1
towboat72

after reading what p man has posted here and just thinking of  how he must be to deal with in person I can understand y no one in BOI wants to help him .

I think he must be his own worst enemy and is just pissing everyone off.

I have seen a lot of people  get pissed ,scream ,rant and rave  in dealing with different philippina agencys  then cant  seem to make any thing happen.i really hate it when im the next person in line because I know that clerk behind the counter is waiting for some kano to rain shit on .

and im hopeing its not going to be me ,