Benefits to WW II Filipino Veterans

JamesMusslewhite
On 19/02/2013 at 3:46 PM, smokey said:

On 19/02/2013 at 3:12 PM, JamesMusslewhite said:

On 19/02/2013 at 11:47 AM, smokey said:

On 19/02/2013 at 7:43 AM, JamesMusslewhite said:

I sorry, I'm one of those type of people who believe one's word is a bond. You make a promise than you keep that promise. It is what defines you as being a righteous man worthy of respect, and not just a lying self-serving punk... Our country made promises and then reneged on our word.

The US rebuilt Germany and Japan, while constantly shitting on the Philippines, and then Americans now seem to think they somehow owe us special favor and treatment? Bullshit, total bullshit. Macarthur would be ashamed of us now. America has no fecking honor left, we are now just a nation of punks. That is evident by some of the replies on this thread. Where is your honor? You do not have the right to even look a Filipino guerilla fighter in the eyes, because he should spit in your face. You are unworthy to stand in their presence. and have absolutely no right to look down on them. He was honorable and earned his right to look you in the eye, your just too stupid to realize you should turn your head away in shame. He proved his honor, we are the ones who have not.

How about the us building the us oh yea your not there so you dont care... even my wife is bitching and moaning about how much is taken out of her check ... And really where is your honor , forget where you come from ? everyone says the us this and the us that bullshit the government is the people and the people have familys and their own problems and who give a rats ass what MacArthur said he sure did not feed my family , And if your so worried about what MacArthur said and did not deliver you take his place

Well I guess we can now determine that you will welch on a deal if it serves your own best interest. I know I will never trust you in any business/financial arrangement, because you will screw someone in a heart beat if it suits you. This is probably one of the dumbest post I have seen you post.

Where is my honor? You throw that silly comment in my face as if I am the blame for your present woes.(( my present woes ? ) Your the one running around with police protection  I’m sorry your life here sucked so bad that you had to return to the US. I am sorry that you could not hack it over here. That is really not my problem.<<<  now your really hitting the coconut juice to hard.. had to return to the us ? or you mean was able to have a house in the us and cebu 

I can never forget were I come from. I came from Texas were a man's honor is his word and is his true worth as a man. So were did you come from BOY? NewYork  i drove thru texas was not impressed 

Your right what is a little thing like keeping one's word and backing one's word with real actions. These brave men are all probably just secon-class peoples to you anyways. How dare them to actually be stupid enough to fight with honor for a country which has shown them no honor in return? <<<,,,  you can save this load of bull for daytime TV i will match my medals against yours any time 

Well I don't want to hurt your little Yankee heart, but I can tell you Texas is not too samn impressed with New York either, but it does explain a lot.

I am confused what my medal count has to do with this topic or any of the responses on this thread. Seems to be a bit of a misdirection tactic to me as to how it relates. We served at different times and in different services, plus I only did one tour of 5-1/2. You actually measure yourself by medals and ribbons? Interesting it seems a little bit like comparing apples and oranges, but since little that you posted in this thread seems to make sense I will play your stupid little game.

Other than personal awards 2 navy meritorious mass, 2 Overseas Deployments and a Good Conduct. I earned a riffle expert 2nd award and a service-connected 29 year limp. I have never claimed to be some kind of decorated hero, though I guess you are implying you were, I have only ever stated that I was very good at what I did. I never received a Silver/ Bronze Star, or Purple Heart. The Marines are notoriously stingy with the issuing of medals, so we do not get one for throwing genades or learning how to use a P-38 to open cans. I successfully completed all my Electronics training - Basic Electronics/ Micro-soldering (29 Palms), 36-H Telephony Mainframes(Army Signal Corps – Fort Gordon) and served 2-1/2 years overseas. Just a basic run of the Marine tech Sergeant. So what was your training in the whatever you were in?

So tell us Rambo, beat your chest a bit and tell us how you earned the CMH or DFC, and how you won a war single-handed with M-50’s in both hands while pulling grenade pens with your teeth., so I and others can bow before you brilliance and bull shit yelling “not worthy, not worthy!” Be sure to leave out you were a scared punk pissing your pants at the time. Impress us all Hambo. Give your “Hero’s Tell” since your medals are suppose to some how make you better than others and somehow make your fat-ass more special and smarter. If it is a tale that sounds real enough I will be man enough to bow before your omnificence, though it still will not mean that you are still not just full of shit and still have your head firmly planted up your own ass.     

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 1
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesMusslewhite

• smokey

• JSL-USMC

• mactanfamily

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think there could be many. I was 11 when the war ended and I'm 78 now. Of course they will get claimants who carried water to the troops when they were 5. Besides, they were fighting for their

I sorry, I'm one of those type of people who believe one's word is a bond. You make a promise than you keep that promise. It is what defines you as being a righteous man worthy of respect,  and not ju

There you go James i meet a lot of guys in viet nam and many of them were much better people then i ever was or hoped to be yet they died and i did not and many times i ask myself why/////////////////

JamesMusslewhite

Hey Mr proud to be a veteran and a texan ... what about these guys i bet you will find some from Texas there but then i guess a man like you a man of HONOR would never turn your back on these guys ... As long as there are american vets homeless well that is number 1 in my book ... 

The Departments of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) recently released Volume I of the 2012 Annual Homeless Assessment Report. Among the key findings included in the report was the estimate that 62,619 veterans were homeless on a single night in 2012. That estimate represents a 7.2 percent decline compared to HUD's 2011 estimate, and a 17.2 percent decline compared to its 2009 estimate.

The veteran homelessness population is made up of veterans who served in several different conflicts, ranging from World War II to the recent conflicts. Though research indicates that veterans who served in the late Vietnam and post-Vietnam era are at greatest risk of homelessness, veterans returning from the recent conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq often have severe disabilities that are known to be correlated with homelessness. And as the military evolves, so too do the challenges. Homeless women veterans, for instance, are far more common now than in any other time in the past.

Yep that's me. I have a couple of questions for you... How many of those homeless vets do you employ there Saint Smokey? Give any of them a warm place to stay, jackets, blankets? Put any real money in their cups when you quickly try to pass by them on the street? Hell no you don't, and don't try to bull shit us by saying that you do. You silly little homeless vet rant smells fishier than a wet market. The truth is you probably never actually give them a second thought in real life, but you now want to try to use them so you can try to win some petty bullshit argument; about why the US should not honor their word to Filipino soldiers, who they tricked into service only to leave them high and dry over 60 years ago.  

According to you post's figures it appears that the homeless vet numbers are actually declining which is a really good sign. Some of those vets have serious mental and emotional problems, many are helplessly trapped by their continued use of hard drugs and alcohol, but most are homeless because there are now so few places to find work and people who are willing to hire homeless vets. It still looks to me like the US government is simply doing the same thing today that they have always done, which is make promises to young men and then shit on them once they get what they want.

Please try to punk someone else son, you simply don't have the tools, besides I can smell your silly redneck routine all the way from here. :dance2:

• Like 1
smokey

I sorry, I'm one of those type of people who believe one's word is a bond. You make a promise than you keep that promise. It is what defines you as being a righteous man worthy of respect, and not just a lying self-serving punk... Our country made promises and then reneged on our word.

The US rebuilt Germany and Japan, while constantly shitting on the Philippines, and then Americans now seem to think they somehow owe us special favor and treatment? Bullshit, total bullshit. Macarthur would be ashamed of us now. America has no fecking honor left, we are now just a nation of punks. That is evident by some of the replies on this thread. Where is your honor? You do not have the right to even look a Filipino guerilla fighter in the eyes, because he should spit in your face. You are unworthy to stand in their presence. and have absolutely no right to look down on them. He was honorable and earned his right to look you in the eye, your just too stupid to realize you should turn your head away in shame. He proved his honor, we are the ones who have not.

How about the us building the us oh yea your not there so you dont care... even my wife is bitching and moaning about how much is taken out of her check ... And really where is your honor , forget where you come from ? everyone says the us this and the us that bullshit the government is the people and the people have familys and their own problems and who give a rats ass what MacArthur said he sure did not feed my family , And if your so worried about what MacArthur said and did not deliver you take his place

Well I guess we can now determine that you will welch on a deal if it serves your own best interest. I know I will never trust you in any business/financial arrangement, because you will screw someone in a heart beat if it suits you. This is probably one of the dumbest post I have seen you post.

Where is my honor? You throw that silly comment in my face as if I am the blame for your present woes.(( my present woes ? ) Your the one running around with police protection  I’m sorry your life here sucked so bad that you had to return to the US. I am sorry that you could not hack it over here. That is really not my problem.<<<  now your really hitting the coconut juice to hard.. had to return to the us ? or you mean was able to have a house in the us and cebu 

I can never forget were I come from. I came from Texas were a man's honor is his word and is his true worth as a man. So were did you come from BOY? NewYork  i drove thru texas was not impressed 

Your right what is a little thing like keeping one's word and backing one's word with real actions. These brave men are all probably just secon-class peoples to you anyways. How dare them to actually be stupid enough to fight with honor for a country which has shown them no honor in return? <<<,,,  you can save this load of bull for daytime TV i will match my medals against yours any time 

Well I don't want to hurt your little Yankee heart, but I can tell you Texas is not too samn impressed with New York either, but it does explain a lot.

I am confused what my medal count has to do with this topic or any of the responses on this thread. Seems to be a bit of a misdirection tactic to me as to how it relates. We served at different times and in different services, plus I only did one tour of 5-1/2. You actually measure yourself by medals and ribbons? Interesting it seems a little bit like comparing apples and oranges, but since little that you posted in this thread seems to make sense I will play your stupid little game.

Other than personal awards 2 navy Achievements, 2 Overseas Deployments, Good Conduct medal, jump wings, and scuba badge all others were issued as part of the 24th MAU deployment to Beirut 83 (they were issued as Unit awards), well those and some medal pens in my left knee I got for free along with a 29 year limp. I have never claimed to be some kind of decorated hero, though I guess you are implying you were, I have only ever stated that I was very good at what I did. I never received a Silver/ Bronze Star, or Purple Heart. The Marines are notoriously stingy with the issuing of medals, so we do not get one for throwing genades or learning how to use a P-38 to open cans. I was Recon with Electronics training so some of my schools included Basic Electronics/ Micro-soldering (29 Palms), 36-H Telephony Mainframes(Army Signal Corps – Fort Gordon) Infantry school – Advance Infantry, Jungle Survival/Evasive tactics (Philippines, Okinawa), Sniper school (Quantico) It is my Hog’s Tooth that I am the proudest of having earned. Just the basic run of the mill stuff for a US Recon Marine Sergeant. So what was your training in the whatever you were in?

So tell us Rambo, beat your chest a bit and tell us how you earned the CMH or DFC, and how you won a war single-handed with M-50’s in both hands while pulling grenade pens with your teeth., so I and others can bow before you brilliance and bull shit yelling “not worthy, not worthy!” Be sure to leave out you were a scared punk pissing your pants at the time. Impress us all Hambo. Give your “Hero’s Tell” since your medals are suppose to some how make you better than others and somehow make your fat-ass more special and smarter. If it is a tale that sounds real enough I will be man enough to bow before your omnificence, though it still will not mean that you are still not just full of shit and still have your head firmly planted up your own ass.     

your funny james i was a terrible trooper busted 2 times once from e-5 and once from E -4 to E -1.. I was offered Flight school at the beginning of my enlistment but hell a lifer i was not. I did get one medal from a General casey but it was not because of me doing anything special but it sucked because i had to not only get a frigging hair cut i had to have my jungle fatigues Ironed how stupid is that . i hated the bullshit and the stay on base commander who sent people to their death without leaving the safety of their helicopter at 8,000 feet.... but then who cares FTA  i mean really what will they do send me to viet nam , and james i dont like to talk about that shit because it was a useless cause of death . The really good exciting war stories always seem to include someone getting killed and james i like to remember them alive and not dead . You want to trade war stories do it with some supply sergeant who sat in Thailand during the viet nan conflict.

AS far as helping vets this year we were in cebu for christmas so instead of buying gifts for the Veterans home on Indian School road and 3rd street in phoenix i had to just offer them a small amount of 500 and hope they would use it to buy treats for the guys and james we also send money to the human society  to help feed the stray dogs. so now tell me what you did for your war buddies in the great state of Texas  

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1
SkyMan

I think they all have received the benefit of them and their families not having to speak Japanese.  What more do they want?  How many Americans died in that effort?

mactanfamily

not just a lying self-serving punk... 

The US rebuilt Germany and Japan, while constantly shitting on the Philippines 

Bullshit, total bullshit. Macarthur would be ashamed of us now. America has no fecking honor left, we are now just a nation of punks.

Where is your honor? You do not have the right to even look a Filipino guerilla fighter in the eyes, because he should spit in your face.

You are unworthy to stand in their presence. and have absolutely no right to look down on them.

your just too stupid to realize you should turn your head away in shame.

Damn James, you are one ANGRY man. Just chill out. There are plenty of honorable veterans on this board and you are the one spewing hate.

Just wondering...where did the 5 BILLION of today's dollars go that Japan paid to the Philippines in 1956 as part of the San Francisco treaty?

How about the 2 BILLION in today's money that the US gave the Philippines after the war?? According to Congress who wrote and passed the Rescission Act in 1946, Monies owed  to Filipino Vets was included in that payment.

How about the US offer TO ACTUALLY PAY THE PEOPLE AGAIN? Section 1002 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act signed by Obama offered almost 750,000 Pesos to each Filipino Vet who was smart enough to take the US citizenship, and almost half a million Pesos to any Filipino Citizens? 

I guess that wasn't enough, it never is..... I'll say it again. I for one am sick of it.

Having an opinion on this matter is one thing, you don't have to be a dick about it. At least know your facts before lecturing me and my grandfather like that. 

​I respect your opinion James, yet you disgust me with your vial comments. You really have no right to say that to me or my family.

smokey

now of course if i were to lower myself to say this on the main forum i would of course be banned ,,, your little rant dont scare anyone your still the same door knob you always was .. and dont try to make me the bad guy your so in a huff give up your check to help your drinking buddies.. until there are no homeless vets in the us the only thing the us should be doing is helping vets in america just like all countries do take care of your own first..  as my wife said sweep your own yard before you sweep someone else's yard     

JamesMusslewhite

now of course if i were to lower myself to say this on the main forum i would of course be banned ,,, your little rant dont scare anyone your still the same door knob you always was .. and dont try to make me the bad guy your so in a huff give up your check to help your drinking buddies.. until there are no homeless vets in the us the only thing the us should be doing is helping vets in america just like all countries do take care of your own first..  as my wife said sweep your own yard before you sweep someone else's yard     

That is why I like you Smoky. That little $640 check is what keeps me from being a homeless disabled vet. So I wonder how many of those homeless vets are drawing VA checks themselves? I wonder how many are homeless because they are on hard drugs, achoholics, too lazy to work, or are mental cases. I am sure many of them receive VA benifits, SSD, SSI, food stamps, etc.  So let me me see, you want to take their checks and benifits too, or just mine? More for you right?

I also don't do drinking buddies, I am a family man and have little time for such foolishness. I see no need for sitting around a table wasting good money on drunks and fools. 

JamesMusslewhite

Bullshit, total bullshit. Macarthur would be ashamed of us now. America has no fecking honor left, we are now just a nation of punks.

Where is your honor? You do not have the right to even look a Filipino guerilla fighter in the eyes, because he should spit in your face.

You are unworthy to stand in their presence. and have absolutely no right to look down on them.

Damn James, you are one ANGRY man. Just chill out. There are plenty of honorable veterans on this board and you are the one spewing hate.

Just wondering...where did the 5 BILLION of today's dollars go that Japan paid to the Philippines in 1956 as part of the San Francisco treaty?

How about the 2 BILLION in today's money that the US gave the Philippines after the war?? According to Congress who wrote and passed the Rescission Act in 1946, Monies owed to Filipino Vets was included in that payment.

How about the US offer TO ACTUALLY PAY THE PEOPLE AGAIN? Section 1002 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act signed by Obama offered almost 750,000 Pesos to each Filipino Vet who was smart enough to take the US citizenship, and almost half a million Pesos to any Filipino Citizens?

I guess that wasn't enough, it never is..... I'll say it again. I for one am sick of it.

Having an opinion on this matter is one thing, you don't have to be a dick about it. At least know your facts before lecturing me and my grandfather like that.

​I respect your opinion James, yet you disgust me with your vial comments. You really have no right to say that to me or my family.

Japan paid the Philippines $550,000,000 on May 9, 1956 as part of the San Francisco treaty not 6 Billion dollars as you claim. It was compensation for Filipinos who had been held as prisoners of war, and had no bearing on our promise to the Filipino soldier who joined our military. What happen to that money? probably went into social programs and the reconstruction of a country devistated by war.

Yes I am a Dick; it is a proud and honorable title. I speak to members as if they are hardened men with a pair of balls. I am not an angry man; I just resist bullshit and bullshiters. I push against the redneckers and in doing so I make laxy fat old men actually to use their computers to research a topic thoroughly and not just at a glance as you did sort of did with the San Francisco Treaty. Am I offensive? Yes I can be. Am I confrontational? Yes, and most often am. I am also gruff, blunt, and crude, but I do my homework and research a subject before I make a post and try to always be truthful.

The OP is about honoring the broken promises made by the US government to the 250,000 fighting men who joined of that 57,000 were killed in action. The Filipino population was 16 million and conservative figures show that between 500,000 and just over 1 million Filipinos were killed by the Japanese. They died primarily because they chose to support the US and maintained a strong contracted resistance against the Japanese occupation forces. Any Japanese movie or book about their occupation of the Philippines rivals or exceeds that of Vietnam horror stories. The Filipinos traumatized the Japanese fighting man. Few of you Vietnam boys even know that little fact. The VC was a cake walk compared to the Filipino guerilla fighting for our cause. I would venture most members here do not even have a clue what the Filipinos did or endured while supporting our war effort. Most of these Filipino vets were asked to join as part of the US military forces starting months before Japan even attacked Pearl Harbor and the US declared war on Japan. The US government promised the Filipino soldiers equal rights to that of the US soldiers. As equals. Instead we dumped a country in rune and walked away.

Perhaps it would have been better if the Filipino fighters and the Philippines if they had accepted Japan as liberators and with open arms, and not have subjected their citizens and their country to such devastation. Then Japan would have had the needed long range airfields and a stable platform of operation. They would have had then needed to use far fewer troops thus allowing them to strengthen other areas. Then of course Japan would have probably won the war and would have also occupied Australia and New Zeeland. They would have held the Russian Eastern forces in check which would have allowed Germany to secure and hold the Russian oil fields and all of Europe and the UK would now be speaking German. The US and allied forces would have lost tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousand troop's lives in what whould have been a losing war. Germany and Japan would have had the time completed their active nucular programs and had time to build their long range bomber programs and the east and West coast cities of the US and those of the UK whould have been nucked into dust until we unconditionally surrendered to Gremany, Italy, and Japan.

So what the hell does the world owe these handful of Filipinos who stood the line, for four years on their own, as we slowely climbed back into the war? Perhaps only our own very freedoms? And now some members want to bitch because we now have spent on these few remaining Filipino vets the money it takes to build and operate only one Navy rustbucket for a year. Men of suppose honor are angry and offended and trying to use ever excuse avalible to justify their wanting to let them all just die off so we do not have to honor our word, because after 60 years we now honor a repeatedly broken promise to men who helped us win that war. Beside ten more years they will all be dead anyways. What have they ever done to deserve our $7,000 US dollars?

Yah, I'm the only dick on this thread......

• Like 1
smokey

That is why I like you Smoky. That little $640 check is what keeps me from being a homeless disabled vet. So I wonder how many of those homeless vets are drawing VA checks themselves? I wonder how many are homeless because they are on hard drugs, achoholics, too lazy to work, or are mental cases. I am sure many of them receive VA benifits, SSD, SSI, food stamps, etc.  So let me me see, you want to take their checks and benifits too, or just mine? More for you right?

I also don't do drinking buddies, I am a family man and have little time for such foolishness. I see no need for sitting around a table wasting good money on drunks and fools. 

james to collect a check a person has to have an address hence the term homeless... you need an address so the VA can see if your still alive once in a while many should be getting a check but just maybe the government would rather not find them to offer them a check, The very worst vets are the very ones with the biggest need and while you make slight of my little 500 dollars i also spent well over 1,500 this year giving out bundles of joy and none of them were vets.. we do this instead of giving each other presents but heck as i dont drink or smoke i usually feel the need to try to spread good kama  and just think if 1 million vets would give 500 each now that would sure help... oh and james dont forget i still have 6 children so its not like i dont have unexpected expensive s from time to time and charity begins at home,, i consider myself very blessed to be able to have more then i need at times and every once in a while i try to make up for my past sins by doing good deeds.. just in case there is a heaven after death 

smokey

How about the 2 BILLION in today's money that the US gave the Philippines after the war?? According to Congress who wrote and passed the Rescission Act in 1946, Monies owed to Filipino Vets was included in that payment.

How about the US offer TO ACTUALLY PAY THE PEOPLE AGAIN? Section 1002 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act signed by Obama offered almost 750,000 Pesos to each Filipino Vet who was smart enough to take the US citizenship, and almost half a million Pesos to any Filipino Citizens?

​I respect your opinion James, yet you disgust me with your vial comments. You really have no right to say that to me or my family.

Japan paid the Philippines $550,000,000 on May 9, 1956 as part of the San Francisco treaty not 6 Billion dollars as you claim. It was compensation for Filipinos who had been held as prisoners of war, and had no bearing on our promise to the Filipino soldier who joined our military. What happen to that money? probably went into social programs and the reconstruction of a country devistated by war.

Yes I am a Dick; it is a proud and honorable title. I speak to members as if they are hardened men with a pair of balls. I am not an angry man; I just resist bullshit and bullshiters. I push against the redneckers and in doing so I make laxy fat old men actually to use their computers to research a topic thoroughly and not just at a glance as you did sort of did with the San Francisco Treaty. Am I offensive? Yes I can be. Am I confrontational? Yes, and most often am. I am also gruff, blunt, and crude, but I do my homework and research a subject before I make a post and try to always be truthful.

The OP is about honoring the broken promises made by the US government to the 250,000 fighting men who joined of that 57,000 were killed in action. The Filipino population was 16 million and conservative figures show that between 500,000 and just over 1 million Filipinos were killed by the Japanese. They died primarily because they chose to support the US and maintained a strong contracted resistance against the Japanese occupation forces. Any Japanese movie or book about their occupation of the Philippines rivals or exceeds that of Vietnam horror stories. The Filipinos traumatized the Japanese fighting man. Few of you Vietnam boys even know that little fact. The VC was a cake walk compared to the Filipino guerilla fighting for our cause. I would venture most members here do not even have a clue what the Filipinos did or endured while supporting or war effort. Most of these Filipino vets were asked to join as part of the US military forces starting months before Japan even attacked Pearl Harbor and the US declared war on Japan. The US government promised the Filipino soldiers equal rights to that of the US soldiers. As equals. Instead we dumped a country in rune and walked away.

Perhaps it would have been better if the Filipino fighters and the Philippines if they had accepted Japan as liberators and with open arms, and not have subjected their citizens and their country to such devastation. Then Japan would have had the needed long range airfields and a stable platform of operation. They would have had then needed to use far fewer troops thus allowing them to strengthen other areas. Then of course Japan would have probably won the war and would have also occupied Australia and New Zeeland. They would have held the Russian Eastern forces in check which would have allowed Germany to secure and hold the Russian oil fields and all of Europe and the UK would now be speaking German. The US and allied forces would have lost tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousand troop's lives in what whould have been a losing war. Germany and Japan would have had the time completed their active nucular programs and had time to build their long range bomber programs and the east and West coast cities of the US and those of the UK whould have been nucked into dust until we unconditionally surrendered to Gremany, Italy, and Japan.

So what the hell does the world owe these handful of Filipinos who stood the line, for four years on their own, as we slowely climbed back into the war? Perhaps only our own very freedoms? And now some members want to bitch because we now have spent on these few remaining Filipino vets the money it takes to build and operate only one Navy rustbucket for a year. Men of suppose honor are angry and offended and trying to use ever excuse avalible to justify their wanting to let them all just die off so we do not have to honor our word, because after 60 years we now honor a repeatedly broken promise to men who helped us win that war. Beside ten more years they will all be dead anyways. What have they ever done to deserve our $7,000 US dollars?

That is why I like you Smoky. That little $640 check is what keeps me from being a homeless disabled vet. So I wonder how many of those homeless vets are drawing VA checks themselves? I wonder how many are homeless because they are on hard drugs, achoholics, too lazy to work, or are mental cases. I am sure many of them receive VA benifits, SSD, SSI, food stamps, etc.  So let me me see, you want to take their checks and benifits too, or just mine? More for you right

THAT STATEMENT IN RED IS WHY YOUR A DOOR KNOB YOU DONT KNOW NOR DO YOU CARE YOUR AT BEST A FAIR WEATHER AMERICAN 

helped us win that war we did not start the war and james they were fighting for their country and their families first and foremost and that is what is natural,, so are you saying if someone invaded your country you would not fight unless you were paid first? ... which war was that James the one that Hitler and japan started ? The one against Europe ?  No one said the philippines did not fight and no one said they dont deserve something but so do the 62,000 homeless american vets sorry james but they come first ,,, and while you try to belittle even them and suggest they are just drunks and drug addicts well if thats true no wonder you had to leave texas as it was full of homeless drug addicts vets.. 

JamesMusslewhite
On 20/02/2013 at 3:07 AM, smokey said:

On 19/02/2013 at 5:39 PM, JamesMusslewhite said:

On 19/02/2013 at 3:46 PM, smokey said:

your funny james i was a terrible trooper busted 2 times once from e-5 and once from E -4 to E -1.. I was offered Flight school at the beginning of my enlistment but hell a lifer i was not. I did get one medal from a General casey but it was not because of me doing anything special but it sucked because i had to not only get a frigging hair cut i had to have my jungle fatigues Ironed how stupid is that . i hated the bullshit and the stay on base commander who sent people to their death without leaving the safety of their helicopter at 8,000 feet.... but then who cares FTA  i mean really what will they do send me to viet nam , and james i dont like to talk about that shit because it was a useless cause of death . The really good exciting war stories always seem to include someone getting killed and james i like to remember them alive and not dead . You want to trade war stories do it with some supply sergeant who sat in Thailand during the viet nan conflict.

AS far as helping vets this year we were in cebu for christmas so instead of buying gifts for the Veterans home on Indian School road and 3rd street in phoenix i had to just offer them a small amount of 500 and hope they would use it to buy treats for the guys and james we also send money to the human society  to help feed the stray dogs. so now tell me what you did for your war buddies in the great state of Texas  

You just earned some new found respect from me chief.

smokey

You just earned some new found respect from me chief. I never talk about what happen after I picked myself up off that tarmac. I just never seem to be able to puts words to those thoughts in my mind. I once tried to talk to my wife, but the words just don't come out. It was like someone with stage fright, the thoughts are in the head, but the words just can not leave the throat. I never kept up with the few that did return to Beirut, any that I was really close to or really knew did not return. I try sometimes to try to remember names but they escape me now. I once years back tried the few websites dedicated to the 24MAU and 1/8 Marines. I was trying to seek out others that I knew were there when I was medical evact out, it was hard to fine they never left. I never looked on the sites again, because it was better believeing they were home having a real life than to read they were killed in action. I fully understand what you mean. The dreams and cold sweats slowed and stoped over time, you just suck it up and keep moving forward and take it day by day. I guess it might be why I push myself so hard to try to be a righteous man, so that I can somehow accept it to myself that my worthless hide is worth the gift of coming home.

There you go James i meet a lot of guys in viet nam and many of them were much better people then i ever was or hoped to be yet they died and i did not and many times i ask myself why//////////////////// if i get shot tomorrow i am lucky to have lived the last 40 years when people more deserving them me did not..

• Like 3
JamesMusslewhite

That is why I like you Smoky. That little $640 check is what keeps me from being a homeless disabled vet. So I wonder how many of those homeless vets are drawing VA checks themselves? I wonder how many are homeless because they are on hard drugs, achoholics, too lazy to work, or are mental cases. I am sure many of them receive VA benifits, SSD, SSI, food stamps, etc. So let me me see, you want to take their checks and benifits too, or just mine? More for you right

THAT STATEMENT IN RED IS WHY YOUR A DOOR KNOB YOU DONT KNOW NOR DO YOU CARE YOUR AT BEST A FAIR WEATHER AMERICAN

helped us win that war we did not start the war and james they were fighting for their country and their families first and foremost and that is what is natural,, so are you saying if someone invaded your country you would not fight unless you were paid first? ... which war was that James the one that Hitler and japan started ? The one against Europe ? No one said the philippines did not fight and no one said they dont deserve something but so do the 62,000 homeless american vets sorry james but they come first ,,, and while you try to belittle even them and suggest they are just drunks and drug addicts well if thats true no wonder you had to leave texas as it was full of homeless drug addicts vets..

I wanted to give you a Thanks in the post above but for whatever reason the system would not allow a "Thanks" button there to be used? Thanks anyways.

I now I am a FAIR WEATHER AMERICAN? Smoky come back towards the light son, I am afraid you have stepped off into the Twilight Zone... come back to us son.... follow my voice chief.... follow my voice....

At the time the Japs invaded the Philippines they were a "TERRIRORY of the US"..... they had no country. And if you research a little using Goggle you can easily read of the hundreds of years the peaceful Philippines and Japan relations. You will learn it was established long before the Spanish ever came to the Philippines. Japan actually considered the Filipinos to be a cousin and would have treated them more than fair. It was their desired to follow the US in their war with us that caused the death of 1 out of every 15 Filipinos during their occupation of the Philippines. The Japanese believed themselves to be the liberators of the Philippines.

Actually I would expect that in Texas the number of homeless vets per population are fewer in number than in the State of New York; this is partly because of lower cost of dwellings, better care facilities, more compassion towards the homeless, multiple faith-based groups/ homeless shelters, and State organizations assisting the homeless. Plus Texas has far more jobs available to vets. Even so there is a percentage that will not benefit long-term from these programs due to mental health issues, drug addictions, and alcohol addiction; and there are some who unless they are either institutionalized or incarcerated will choose to remain homeless.

http://www.usich.gov/usich_resources/research/associations_of_housing_status_with_substance_abuse_treatment_and_service_u/

mactanfamily

Japan paid the Philippines $550,000,000 on May 9, 1956 as part of the San Francisco treaty not 6 Billion dollars as you claim.

I said 5 billion in TODAY'S money. If you bothered to read it. $550,000 in 1956 =4.7 Billion in 2013. 

Maybe the Phil Government should have given some to their brave men, as they gave NONE of what the US gave them (as promised) for compensation of service in 1946. What say you of this fact?

I'd also like to know why you consider Obama's gift of $9,000 per non US citizen was not enough? Even after they received funds in 1946 (and were told that the funds included money to be distributed to the soldiers). On top of that what do you have to say about all the fraud involved in the demand for money? How about the great grandchildren who continue to demand funds for the long dead relatives.

This whole story stinks of "Hey Joe, Gimme Money" once again.

• Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

Japan paid the Philippines $550,000,000 on May 9, 1956 as part of the San Francisco treaty not 6 Billion dollars as you claim.

I said 5 billion in TODAY'S money. If you bothered to read it. $550,000 in 1956 =4.7 Billion in 2013.

Maybe the Phil Government should have given some to their brave men, as they gave NONE of what the US gave them (as promised) for compensation of service in 1946. What say you of this fact?

I'd also like to know why you consider Obama's gift of $9,000 per non US citizen was not enough? Even after they received funds in 1946 (and were told that the funds included money to be distributed to the soldiers). On top of that what do you have to say about all the fraud involved in the demand for money? How about the great grandchildren who continue to demand funds for the long dead relatives.

This whole story stinks of "Hey Joe, Gimme Money" once again.

Sorry missed that "in today's money" part, I guess I have been too busy trying to piss off Smoky. I never claim to be perfect or infallible. I state all the time on the forum that am merely a flawed being. I also never stated that $9,000 was too little. I am more than happy they were paid that. I did state that they were a bit unfair in their selection process. There are two that I know personally that do deserve this payment they were promised, but still will brobably never see them due to petty technicalities. I am happy that our government finally steped up to the plate to do the right thing. We as Americans want to be respected in the world than our word has to be worth more than just wothlesss chatter and empty promises. I pleased as peaches, but it does seems some of you old boys are the ones with your panties in a bunch and acting all pissed off about it. As an American you should be happy too. It is definanty money better spent than giving 6 BILLION to North Korea (That's today's money by the way). Yep, makes me proud to be American.

I am just amazed how men whine about honoring a promise made to men who fought loyally by our side in a time of dire need, yet will not blink an eye that the US gives aid to around 150 countries each year. Here are a few of those handouts. Russia $64.6 million, Mexico $333.9 million, Cuba $20 million, Somalia $82.3 million, China $12.8 million, Zimbabwe $109.9 million, Sudan $518.2 million, Iraq $2.36 billion, Egypt $1.5 billion, Nepal $93.8 million, India $142.6 million, Bangladesh $266.1 million, Vietnam $125.2 million, Philippines $163.5 million, Indonesia $253.1 million, Israel $3.0 billion, Jordan $675.7 million, Senegal $119.8 million, Liberia $211.4 million, Ivory Coast $142.8 million, Ghana $204.5 million, Nigeria $660.4 million, Democratic Republic of the Congo $261.8 million, South Africa $561.9 million, Mozambique $424.5 million, Zambia $400.7 million, Tanzania $571.8 million, Kenya $751.4 million, Uganda $527.7 million, Columbia $400.2 million, Bolivia $32.7 million, Peru $111 million and Haiti $405.3 million. As well as the countries of Tajikistan, Burma, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, New Guinea, Morocco, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Chad, Angola, Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana, Madagascar, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Brazil, Guyana, Suriname, Paraguay, Ecuador, Chile, Argentina and the Dominican Republic.

Yes I highlighted the Philippines so some of our fine members can stress out, rant, rave, and bitch about all the money we give them. Makes me wonder just how much respect some members actually have for their wive's and Gf's family, culture, and country? Sorry I'm just laughing at the hypocrisy of it all.