Help Needed With Container House

gona be hot as hell in there, but looks good .. 

2K USD / container last I checked, a year or so ago 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• Headshot

• Brucewayne

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The OP is not looking for advice on whether or not to build a container house- he states he has already done that and made his decision.  He is honest about having no construction experience, but if s

you just move the little mouse thingy to the little box that says "search" and then you put the info in the other little box then you push your finger on the mouse thingy that makes the box get highli

This is about the only design I would use and the roof would be Cogon grass or nipa which means that the roof pitch would be a lot steeper then design below..About 45 Degrees or higher. Also large 2

Posted Images

Thelandofku-an

gona be hot as hell in there, but looks good .. 

2K USD / container last I checked, a year or so ago 

I think if correctly ventilated, shaded and insulated it could be cooler than the cement overnight storage heaters that most people live and work in here?

Is that new price, I think second-hand alloy ones can be had for that?

Edited by Thelandofku-an!

seen a few of these  with a roof that is over the boxes with no sun directly  and vents  you can get cool breeze through and strong as hell .just like in the south usa with roof over house trailers.

ahoy53 just think if you had used these in stead of the concret for your place in camotes

Now, you want me to find the information within this site, for you, as well?

Could you please do it for me too, thanks! Also if you could tell me what to search for, I would be grateful....

Brucewayne

Could you please do it for me too, thanks! Also if you could tell me what to search for, I would be grateful....

Yes and a cup of coffee would be nice too if you don't mind too much.

Paul

I wouldn't hold my breath. :P

Yes and a cup of coffee would be nice too if you don't mind too much.

And some biscuits as well, perhaps? Sure thing.

Okay, now, can we get back on topic here, good folks?

I think if correctly ventilated, shaded and insulated it could be cooler than the cement overnight storage heaters that most people live and work in here?

Is that new price, I think second-hand alloy ones can be had for that?

Yeah ventilation .. ambient temp 27 deg. C (80 deg. F) you could open both ends for ventilation but hard to make the AC get down the temp to a more pleasant 23 Deg C . Steel walls suck up more heat then u can imagine compared to hollow block, u can fry an egg on those walls after a few hours in the morning sun. Even the sun in chilly Norway would make the steel walls on ships i built shimmer with heat on the inside after lunch. Simply put u have to build it so the walls are out of direct sunlight from dusk til dawn down here. IMHO :)

The price was for used containers offered to me by a supplier in Malaysia, delivered in cebu

R

• Admin (Retired)
broden

I wouldn't hold my breath. :P

And some biscuits as well, perhaps? Sure thing.

Okay, now, can we get back on topic here, good folks?

don't forget a nice foot stool too

• 2 weeks later...
streak03

I've lived in these in Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan.  If the builder insulates it correctly, they are ok.  Of course, having an airconditioner installed makes a big difference as well.  The builders tear out the floor, pour a slab in there, cut the window and door holes, frame the inside, put the insulation in, windows, doors, wire it up, plumb it if its a wet unit, and you have a place to live.  Doesnt take too long at all.