Locally bought Pedigree dog food unsafe for dogs?

Didn't the people you got the dog from telll you what they fed it?

He was only just off milk when we picked him up at 6 weeks old. The mother stopped feeding them, so it was time for them to go to their new homes.   They fed their adults kibble like most other people, and like some people, don't know eating nothing but processed food is not good for your health in the long term.   My dogs will never go back to that or even cooked meats. Natural diet from now on.

I don't think I'd feed them stomach either, just liver, kidney, heart, eyeballs if I can find them.   My german shep will be given live chicken when he's old enough, once or twice a week. Unfortunately, my doberman is allergic to chicken.

Nothing wrong with my dogs.

Depends how old they are.  I've lived with 20 dogs during my life and health problems in later life from processed foods packed with grains/carbs is par for the course. Many go blind.   The point is, a dogs digestive system wasn't built for anything but a natural diet of carcass.   Being able to adapt doesn't mean it's healthy in the very long term.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Mike

• Brucewayne

• Siuk

• JasonEcos

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just today i had 3 pieces of bacon and 2 eggs and two pieces of costco raisin  bread toast. but i told my wife to only let kenneth have 2 pieces of bacon and no eggs but use lite butter on his toast 

The dog food I have seen here is crap and very expensive.  I personally do not feed my dogs anything that is not fit for human consumption.  They eat a mixture of fresh cooked rice and sardines twice

I live with a working dog. I can go into his titles and qualifications if anyone is interested. But he was since shortly after weaning been on the BARF diet. Dogs are carnivores. Commercial dog food h

Posted Images

I have a large dog and actually started him off on the Pedigree cause I could buy it locally, but vet told me to get him off it as some dogs don't do well on the chicken products. I switched to the S&R brand of puppy food and then when he was a year old, switched to the S&R beefy dog food. 20kg bag about 850. We "flavor" with whatever scraps leftovers are about and he seems to do quite well.

We've been using the S&R beefy dog food for more than a year now and our three dogs (Labrador retriever, beagle and maltese cross) seem to do fine on it.  When we take them to the vets for a check up the feedback on their overall condition is good. 

He was only just off milk when we picked him up at 6 weeks old. The mother stopped feeding them, so it was time for them to go to their new homes.   They fed their adults kibble like most other people, and like some people, don't know eating nothing but processed food is not good for your health in the long term.   My dogs will never go back to that or even cooked meats. Natural diet from now on.

I don't think I'd feed them stomach either, just liver, kidney, heart, eyeballs if I can find them.   My german shep will be given live chicken when he's old enough, once or twice a week. Unfortunately, my doberman is allergic to chick.

I weaned the pups by mixing puppy food with milk. Tried puppy food only and they were sick. I try not to be too selective with foods. Otherwise they won't eat anything else.