Hi! - I'd like to introduce myself- from not always sunny N. Yorkshire.

relcarve25

Hello! to everyone. I'm a new member,(actually a returning member from about 15 years ago when we were living in Cebu.) I come from N. Ireland and have been a high school Science teacher most of my life. I've retired now after working in England, Africa, Gilbert & Ellice Islands and the Philippines. My wife, Mercy, and I have been married for 23 years and we have one son who is 14 years old. Since our marriage we have lived on and off in the Philippines for a total of about 7 years. We still have a house in Cebu and own land in S. Leyte. We lived in Cebu from 2005 to 2009 when we decided that our son would get a better, internationally recognised, education in the UK. So far this has worked out very well but we may well return to live in Cebu again when he has finished University. We still have friends in Cebu and Leyte and try to keep in touch. I am still fascinated by the 'goings on' that I read about in sites like your's and very much want to contribute any information or help that I can. I would love to hear from any members at Living in Cebu.   Chris Mcguffin.

Headshot

Welcome Chris. It sounds like you can contribute a lot of perspective on the forums, since your experience in the Philippines is over a long period of time.

CardiacKid

Welcome to the Forums Chris. The education of my daughters caused me to make the same decision when I retired from the U S Navy in 1989. I've never regretted it.  :welcome: