Hello from Norway

Hi to you all!

Well what a fantastic site this place is!

Firstly some information about me: My name is Mike I'm 26 originally from England but living here in Norway with my partner. I first heard about the Philippines when I was 13 as my boss at my local paper shop was married to a Filipina. He and his wife used to tell me all about the country, the culture and showed me many pictures and it lead me to have some sort of fascination about the place.  It took me 8 years to finally make it to the RP in 2009 and I have to say I fell in love with the place. I was lucky to be able to revisit last year, and having to leave after 10 days was very sad. But I will be back to visit for longer next time to find a city that I like and buy/rent a holiday home.

Secondly as a person who has visited only twice I don't have the wealth of knowledge that you guys have but I'm looking forward to being an active member. I have many questions and hopefully I will be able to respond to others that have questions or queries.

Thirdly I'm looking forward to corresponding with you all, this forum is absolutely fantastic and it'll be amazing to talk about the life and culture of such a beautiful country.

Let the fun begin,

Mike

welcome to the forums young Padawan, there is much for u to learn still.

Hello Mike and welcome to the forum from me as well.   Flick thru the forum will give you heaps of inside to comings and goings in PI.

The Good, The  Bad and De Ugly ones.

Most guys have their own story behind them but as it seems most find this site , including my self very helpful for getting a overall picture what is going on

and do not be shy asking, if you need to. 

Edited by vehkis
  • Like 1

hi and welcome I was in norway ( bergan ) in 1982 beautiful country sailing up the fjords to bergan in our warship will never forget that trip ,but the beer was like 8 pounds a bottle we could,nt afford to go to the bars lol 

Thanks for the messages.

Hello, so your partner is Norwegian?

Yes my partner is Norwegian

hi and welcome I was in norway ( bergan ) in 1982 beautiful country sailing up the fjords to bergan in our warship will never forget that trip ,but the beer was like 8 pounds a bottle we could,nt afford to go to the bars lol 

The prices here are ridiculous - £10 for a drink, £40-£50 for a meal for 2. However the wages are really high. I got £19ph cleaning a school.

This site is fantastic. I've been a silent member for a when and I was reading this site before I became a member. The information here is fantastic, I've recommended this site to a couple of people.

Thanks for all the welcomes :-) 

• 1 month later...
Headshot

Welcome Mike. I hope you will be able to get whatever information you are looking for. Ask specific questions, and you will likely get good answers (although they may not confirm what you thought to be the case when you asked the question).

• 2 weeks later...
jaxsurfingatorncebu

Greetings Mike,

Hope you find what you are seeking!

Be Well

Gator