Where to find a decent white sand beach on Cebu island

datkins587

Maybe drive down to Argao tomorrow and try to find that beach.

As I tried to emphasize there are NO WHITE SAND beaches in Argao. There are couple area where the scenery in the distance is nice, but there is NO WHITE SAND!!!!! You will be very disappointed if you go to there. Farther south, actually in dalaguete, there is the old Argao beach club that DOES have a small white sand  beach that is very nice and tropical. Weekdays hardly anyone there and it is very very pleasant.

>>>As you're going southbound on the main hwy, go through the main part of Argao and continue south. The road has a sharp curve to the right; take the left turn just at that curve and that will take you directly to Mahayahay Beach. Weekends are generally crowded.

lockquote>

Cebubird was right, Mahayahay Beach in Argao was not nice at all. I got out of the car walked around a bit for a look and left. I kept driving South after that and maybe 15K later found the turn off to the old Argao Beach club. It was actually not too bad. It was small and a bit crowed (it was Sunday) but it had whitish colored sand plus it was clean with aqua water to swim in. We rented a table and stayed there a couple hours. Then we proceeded even further South to the tip of Cebu island. On the way we saw a few other nice looking beaches. One right next to the highway was very long so we got out a took a nice long walk on the beach. Now don’t get me wrong they are not all that nice as compared to a beach like you would see in Cancun or Phuket. But clean sand with clean water is a plus. Seems the further away you get from Cebu City the cleaner the beach areas are. Thanks for all the input and advice everyone.

that beach on this turn off is the public beach which is the right turn

on that road The left turn did take you to the padoclocked gates which

was the old Argao beach club. Not sure if it is open again these days

but there was still ownership issues on it when I was there last about 8

years ago. Shame as the beach is split into two segments. The left side

is a very long narrow strip with retaining sea wall very flat grassy

area of about I Hectare, maybe more. the right side access was through

what was left of the main club house past the tiny swimming pol and down

the side of the slop to where the remains of the beach from huts are.

they were trying to revive some at the far end, not sure how this

progressed. Anyway a nice thin strip of white beach front.  As the place

had been closed for years the beach front and water was clean as.  The

whole public  place was about 5b hectares with the landing strip as

extras brought it up to about 9 hectares I could be wrong on that and

would have to break out the disc and review it etc

Edited by spooks
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datkins587

• udonthani

• Hy H

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While the beaches in Australia are admittedly very fine, the one big draw back is that they are full of Australians !!

it's a proven scientific fact that whenever somebody gets laid by a 19 year old chick for the first time in about 30 years, sand changes colour in their perception from brown to yellow and from yellow

Been there twice... not much to write home about really...... ok, ok, so I've never been there....

I went to Plantation Bay on Sunday... The beach wasn't great... but the resort itself was nice.... Great pools and cold drinks...

555924_10151459149685708_1349718714_n.jp

538112_10151459149695708_972005952_n.jpg

Edited by jeff35
  • Like 1

Plantation Bay is my favorite on Mactan. Even when they are fully booked, you can still find and empty spot on their poolside beaches and almost feel like your the only one there. If you like crowds, i.e., people watching, hang out at the Kili Restaurant. All you can eat breakfast buffet, decent food for cebu, and a semi-crowded pool just outside their windows.

datkins587

Plantation Bay is my favorite on Mactan. Even when they are fully booked, you can still find and empty spot on their poolside beaches and almost feel like your the only one there. If you like crowds, i.e., people watching, hang out at the Kili Restaurant. All you can eat breakfast buffet, decent food for cebu, and a semi-crowded pool just outside their windows.

Wow, that place looks decent. Do you have to get a room for the night before you can use the pool? If not what do they charge to use the pool per person?  What are the food or meal prices like?

Edited by datkins587
USCebuana

Has anybody been to Tingko Beach in Alcoy? I've heard a lot of good things about it. 

When we were children, we sail to Kawit Island. The part facing south was really clean and the view of Cebu island is so beautiful. We used to wander around the little wharf and the old WW2 buildings.  It was so cheap to have fun before.There was no entrance fee. Our playmate was a fisherman's son so we used his banca. After our outing we sometimes go clamming when the tide is low. So many nice childhood memories. I was so sad when I learned about the SRP. 

Portofino in Mactan is cheap compared to the resorts. I don't know if the beach is white sand. 

Edited by USCebuana
  • Like 1
Headshot

Wow, that place looks decent. Do you have to get a room for the night before you can use the pool? If not what do they charge to use the pool per person?  What are the food or meal prices like?

The day-use fee is 1900 pesos per day per person, and includes lunch and all venues (including beach and pools + a bunch more).

Canuck Joe

Wow, that place looks decent. Do you have to get a room for the night before you can use the pool? If not what do they charge to use the pool per person? What are the food or meal prices like?
The day-use fee is 1900 pesos per day per person, and includes lunch and all venues (including beach and pools + a bunch more).
My bro inlaw works there so we get 50% off, was a nice place for a small wedding. Otherwise I just go to these high end places for a few drinks and walk around. A day is too long at the beach for me anyway.

Has anyone mentioned Tambuli Beach Club?

There is an east and west. The west has a 500p day use that you can consume 400 on drinks, it has a pool etc.

Not bad for Mactan.

Edited by Canuck Joe
  • 2 months later...
Half Baked

I haven't read the thread (at least I'm honest about it!) but we went down to Moalboal. Had white sand beaches there, beautiful clear water, too. We stayed at a place called HK Resort. I don't know the price, my wife keeps me blissfully ignorant of such matters.

If this place has already been brought up, I apologize.

To Datkins 587--  You need to visit Daan Bantayan the exteme northern end of the island.  Skips beach is not high class but homey and reasonable.  There are several others you can day visit from there.  And there are others certainly close by.  If you are interested I can put you in touch with others who hop around the island to nice places or get the names for you of the various beach resorts on this northern tip.