Where to find a decent white sand beach on Cebu island

datkins587

nope the beach at Esperanza on the Camotes is whiter and more powdery than that and that is part of Cebu province. Bounty is better than Santa Fe Bantayan beach though.

Well i haven't been to Camotes, but Bounty is a hell of a beach and perhaps easier to get to, certainly more fun on the pump boat that pulls up right out the front of Cocobana resort...can you stay in a bungalow on the beach at Camotes, like you can at Cocobana for under 30US a nite? Edited by Contango
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datkins587

• udonthani

• Hy H

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While the beaches in Australia are admittedly very fine, the one big draw back is that they are full of Australians !!

it's a proven scientific fact that whenever somebody gets laid by a 19 year old chick for the first time in about 30 years, sand changes colour in their perception from brown to yellow and from yellow

Been there twice... not much to write home about really...... ok, ok, so I've never been there....

Wombat No More

draw back is that they are full of Australians

I`m not certain how much time you have spent on these beaches  but many of them are empty ....well almost empty.  Unless we talking about Bondi beach in Sydney or Surfers Paradise in Queensland.

BTW.  Nothing wrong with the bronzed Aussies on the beach, I rather them than some loudmouth...........better not mentioned it .

No mate, it's ok and you can certainly mention it... You meant to say "some loudmouth Canadian". I concur.

You  right about the Crocs.  I would be careful swimming up Northern  parts of Australia. Anywhere between Broome

in the North West to about Rockhampton on the East Coast .

Some parts up there I would go anywhere near the water, inland or on the coast.

And you are definitely on their menu,  they`ll have a go at you, no matter what size they are .

Well, ya got some sorta chance coz at least you can see the bastards against the sand...

nope the beach at Esperanza on the Camotes is whiter and more powdery than that and that is part of Cebu province. Bounty is better than Santa Fe Bantayan beach though.

Well i haven't been to Camotes, but Bounty is a hell of a beach and perhaps easier to get to, certainly more fun on the pump boat that pulls up right out the front of Cocobana resort...can you stay in a bungalow on the beach at Camotes, like you can at Cocobana for under 30US a nite?

Sounds like a nice place. Do you have a link to the Cocobana resort?

Well i haven't been to Camotes, but Bounty is a hell of a beach and perhaps easier to get to, certainly more fun on the pump boat that pulls up right out the front of Cocobana resort...can you stay in a bungalow on the beach at Camotes, like you can at Cocobana for under 30US a nite?

Sounds like a nice place. Do you have a link to the Cocobana resort?

Try these numbers. My GF`s  sister works there.

+63(0)323186785

+639159200011

+639173280029

The best white sand beach in Cebu is probably not actually in Cebu, Malapascua Island is about 10 kms of the northern tip of Cebu, Bounty beach is White and Sandy and Magnificent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malapascua_Island

The beaches are very nice in Malapacua but going into the water is not so nice.  I found very few swimming areas, or walking areas, that are clear of seaweed, coral or sea urchans. 

Bantayan Island is the place to be!  Best beaches I've been to in the Visayas (so far).

• Like 1
udonthani

it's a bit of a myth that Camotes is 'remote' as it's the only one of the Cebu island groups that is accessible directly from Cebu city by boat. It's actually the closest one. You can wake up in Fuente at 6am and be there by 9am. You can't say that about Bantayan or Malapascua. 

• Like 1

White Beach outside of Moalboal is not so bad and you can drive to it.

This is true about White Beach. My wife and I go twice a year. It is pretty big, and the snorkelling is excellent. Our favorite "close by" beach.
.................. How far is it from Cebu City?

Argao or San Remigio.  Both have beautiful white sand beaches that you can bury a body in.  

Do they sell bags of lime there or do you need to bring the lime from cebu

• Like 1
cebubird

Argao or San Remigio.  Both have beautiful white sand beaches that you can bury a body in.  

WHAT!!!! Don't know where San Remigio is, but have lived in Argao for 2 1/2 years. Would be VERY interested to know where this "beautiful white sand" beach is located.

udonthani

it's a proven scientific fact that whenever somebody gets laid by a 19 year old chick for the first time in about 30 years, sand changes colour in their perception from brown to yellow and from yellow to white.

• Like 4
HeyMike

White Beach outside of Moalboal is not so bad and you can drive to it.

This is true about White Beach. My wife and I go twice a year. It is pretty big, and the snorkelling is excellent. Our favorite "close by" beach.
.................. How far is it from Cebu City?

I would guess it is about 2 and a half hours from the City. I live in Barili and it is about 35 minutes from there.

Mahayahay (relaxation) beach is the most popular Argao beach; I used to snorkle and swim there a lot. The view looking down toward the south coast of Cebu is beautiful, even stunning, and the point that juts out north of the beach blocks almost all the current so the water is almost always peaceful and calm there. But looking down at the sea floor from 10 or 12 ft reveals an amazing amount of bottles, diapers, and plastic wrappers of all kinds, especially after a weekend or holiday. I always wear beach shoes because going in the water with bare feet is a real risk. It's not the worst I've seen, that would be Bituon Beach, Masbate where a large coral reef looks literally like a garbage dump. Really a shame. A little signage and adequate trash bins would help but until/unless the people are educated it's a lost cause; one of many, unfortunately.

• Like 1
throttleplate

i will let you all in on a secret,i am probably going to ruin this beautiful puerto rican island by telling you this but i used to live on an island back in the 80,s when i was in the service,its name is Vieques and its a 1 hour boat ride from the mainland of puerto rico,it had the most uninhibited beaches of blonde/white sand with crystal clear flouresant water.I spent many a weekend alone with friends on these beaches that the natives did not utilize.

There is no more american military presance there as it was used as a bombing range for many years and the natives wanted us out so we finally left.Google it and if you want paradise go check it out,i think you would be amazed if you seen it in person,the island has tried to sell itself as a tourist destination but from i read it never took off as it is so quaint with no hotels on the beaches and most tourists spend their time in San Juan on the mainland or fly 1 hour to the virgin islands.This place is the real deal,tell me what you think after you read some about it.

I myself thought about retiring there as i knew the island like the nose on my face as i explored it with a military jeep every chance i got for a year i spent there.Oh the woman?well i was young back then and i was bangin a woman whom was an island beauty and older than me so i didnt go lookin for chicks as i was having the time of my life with her.I would bet that the woman there are all older and the young ones probably move off the island first chance they get,this is a very small island with a small town square.

battleborn

Reading all the post here sounds like a bunch of rich kids comparing their birthday partys.  I grew up in southern California and if they had a beach like in Alcoy, or Moal Boal, or Bantayan Island, in southern California.  You would never be able to enjoy it because of the crowds.  Let alone if the dirtiest water quality of Cebu was in California.  You would have so many swimmers with sun screen in it, it would look like an oil spill.

Just my opinion.

WHAT!!!! Don't know where San Remigio is, but have lived in Argao for 2 1/2 years. Would be VERY interested to know where this "beautiful white sand" beach is located.

Maybe all the bodies and lime make the difference