Sign in to follow this  
datkins587

Where to find a decent white sand beach on Cebu island

Nangulo

Argao or San Remigio.  Both have beautiful white sand beaches that you can bury a body in.  

indiana

camotes has many white sand b. just have to look , some do not have any one else  but you on them..just a short boat ride to camotes stop by cindys in san fran and they will give you some nice ideas . but most are right if your looking for big miles long b. it,s not here. :cool:   

Davaoeno

to beaches in Australia for instance. 

While the beaches in Australia are admittedly very fine, the one big draw back is that they are full of Australians !!

• Like 5

Hy H

draw back is that they are full of Australians

I`m not certain how much time you have spent on these beaches  but many of them are empty ....well almost empty.  Unless we talking about Bondi beach in Sydney or Surfers Paradise in Queensland.

BTW.  Nothing wrong with the bronzed Aussies on the beach, I rather them than some loudmouth...........better not mentioned it .

Davaoeno

draw back is that they are full of Australians

I`m not certain how much time you have spent on these beaches  but many of them are empty ....well almost empty.  Unless we talking about Bondi beach in Sydney or Surfers Paradise in Queensland.

BTW.  Nothing wrong with the bronzed Aussies on the beach, I rather them than some loudmouth...........better not mentioned it .

One I liked very much  was was on South Molle.   Hamilton Island was fabulous - but not so beachy . 

jtmwatchbiz

I’m used to the Phuket and Koran beach areas of Thailand maybe I’m just spoiled.

well if price is no object perhaps try amanpulo resort, a private island in palawan. it's the favorite of all the hollywood celebs and bill gates is a frequent guest as well. costs around $4500.00 per day for beach cottage, or if one is throwing a proper hollywood style bash the whole island is available for a mere $85,000.00 per day. been rated as one of the, if not the best island resort in the world, and right here in our philippines! :)

AlooGobi

While the beaches in Australia are admittedly very fine, the one big draw back is that they are full of Australians !!

That is the very reason i don't like going to Bali,if i wanted to listen to shickered,bogan Aussies i'd stay home and go to my local

• Like 1

HeyMike

I’m used to the Phuket and Koran beach areas of Thailand maybe I’m just spoiled.

well if price is no object perhaps try amanpulo resort, a private island in palawan. it's the favorite of all the hollywood celebs and bill gates is a frequent guest as well. costs around $4500.00 per day for beach cottage, or if one is throwing a proper hollywood style bash the whole island is available for a mere $85,000.00 per day. been rated as one of the, if not the best island resort in the world, and right here in our philippines! :)

Been there twice... not much to write home about really...... ok, ok, so I've never been there....

• Like 3

Hy H

That is the very reason i don't like going to Bali,if i wanted to listen to shickered,bogan Aussies i'd stay home and go to my local

Bali .........no thank you .  For the above mentioned reason.

Hy H

Posted Today, 05:39 PM vehkis, on 07 Feb 2013 - 17:24, said: Davaoeno, on 07 Feb 2013 - 17:12, said: draw back is that they are full of Australians     I`m not certain how much time you have spent on these beaches  but many of them are empty ....well almost empty.  Unless we talking about Bondi beach in Sydney or Surfers Paradise in Queensland.   BTW.  Nothing wrong with the bronzed Aussies on the beach, I rather them than some loudmouth...........better not mentioned it .   One I liked very much  was was on South Molle.   Hamilton Island was fabulous - but not so beachy . 

The islands up north are something else again, I spent nearly a year on Heron Island.......on the Barrier Reef.   Fantastic place if you into diving.

And Western Australia is in the category on its own.

panther

and salt water crocs don,t help either lol

Hy H

and salt water crocs don,t help either lol

You  right about the Crocs.  I would be careful swimming up Northern  parts of Australia. Anywhere between Broome

in the North West to about Rockhampton on the East Coast .

Some parts up there I would go anywhere near the water, inland or on the coast.

And you are definitely on their menu,  they`ll have a go at you, no matter what size they are .

• Like 1

udonthani

Australia coastline and beaches is fantastic but it's just too big and so much of it is just so incredibly remote it's hard to reach. It's unnecessarily big, it would still be brilliant if it was a tenth of the size. The best stretch of coastline I've seen is the Wild Coast in Transkei. Just unbelievable. Totally unspoiled, almost no people, but still only a few hours from major cities.

Contango

The best white sand beach in Cebu is probably not actually in Cebu, Malapascua Island is about 10 kms of the northern tip of Cebu, Bounty beach is White and Sandy and Magnificent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malapascua_Island

Edited by Contango

udonthani

nope the beach at Esperanza on the Camotes is whiter and more powdery than that and that is part of Cebu province. Bounty is better than Santa Fe Bantayan beach though.