• Belly Flab Fighter #13: Reduce Belly Float with Lemon

• Belly Flab Fighter #14: Cut Down on Simple Carbs

• Belly Flab Fighter #15: 'Pear' Down Your Waist

• Belly Flab Fighter #16: Dose Up on Dairy

• Belly Flab Fighter #17: Bring On Breakfast

• Belly Flab Fighter #18: Reduce  Diet Induced Inflammation

• Belly Flab Fighter #19: Spice  it Up

• Belly Flab Fighter #20: Get Checked for PCOS

Read more on these 20 Belly Flab Fighters...

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
  • Like 1

AlooGobi

Belly Flab Fighter #9 : Pray or Meditate

that one didnt seem to work with Buddha,but perhaps he wasn't ingesting enough coconut oil as well,

Jesus was pretty slim,prolly the mediterranean style diet and i can't help but think he was using some sort of skin whitening cream

• Like 4

Alfred E. Neuman

What's your waist measurement ?

• Like 2

AlooGobi

A lady never tells!!!

• Like 1

rfm010

ng39ya.jpg

14ak8ly.jpg

346uhdy.jpg

1z5hus1.jpg

Skywalker

Erm, eat less and exercise.

Hardly rocket science - works for me.   :cool:

• Like 4

Siuk

Yeah, people over complicate it and some of them spew out an incredible amount of crap trying to sound clever about it.

Stop eating so much fast food. Stop drinking beer. Get off your ass and go walk somewhere for more than two minutes.  No you don't need a personal trainer to do that.  Just the will to do it.

Being fat increases estrogen/oestrogen levels in men. The female hormone, which men do have but in small amounts.  More of this hormone will gradually feminize you.  Fat around your hips and you'll start growing a lovely pair of coconuts.

If that doesn't make at least one person get off his ass and diet, only a heart attack will.

• Like 2

David_LivinginTalisay

Before I has my heart attack in May 2008and weighed 115.6Kg, I had 42" waist trousers.

After 3 months of eating a lot of Sichuan cuisine, I  bought a pair of Jeans in Walmart, that were 38" waist.

A month later, these were falling down without a belt, and can fit into 36" waist trousers now (as just bought 2 pairs here in Cebu)

I weighed 85.2Kg on the Will Balance Board, so had lost 6Kg over that 4months of Living in Sichuan, China.

• Like 3

Skywalker

Fat around your hips and you'll start growing a lovely pair of coconuts.   If that doesn't make at least one person get off his ass and diet, only a heart attack will.

There's something quite *wrong* about a man with tits.

:yahoo:

Guy60417

Yes and no. I started running and bicycling (as well as being a bit more careful about my foods) a few years ago. It has helped tremendously in terms of weight and general fitness (I feel a lot better), but it hasn't helped much in terms of cutting down my belly. An inch or two tops, but I'm still flabby, I'm afraid.

So the type of exercise matters. The guy at the Baseline gym keeps telling me I need to do sit-ups. But, geez, I hate sit-ups.

Skywalker

The guy at the gym is pretty much correct.  I find sit's ups boring, so I use an abdominal strengthening machine at the gym, just to add a  little definition - but I actually find the treadmill the best fat buster for me.

I started using the treadmill at a very brisk walk, initially for 10 minutes a session (build your way up, or you'll start to make excuses not to go!) to a 20 minute 'bash' using the hill climb slope for added sweat appeal!  The excess fat I'd built up on the run up to Christmas was gone after 2 weeks.  I'm not committed enough (not vain enough) to really go for muscle building workouts, and I do often snigger at the steroid warriors.

The trick is to get into a routine, and stick with it.  If you find that you are worn out, just go lighter - it's not a crime.  And remember you don't see very old fat people, because they die sooner than the slimmer models.

David_LivinginTalisay

Sorry, it is NOT as simple as that!

It is not just Quantity of what one eats. it makes a difference eating the RIGHT / GOOD Foods and cutting down or preferably eliminating the BAD Foods, that can make the body STORE FAT.

Ones body need FAT to stay healthy, but there are GOOD FATS (coconut oil) and BAD FATS (Canola) for example.

Same with Exercise, some forms of exercise are more efficient and helping get rid of belly fat than others.

If you had put some time in to looking at those 20 Ways to Fight Belly Flab you might have learned some interesting things about Diet and Exercise?

Weight Loss Tips: 20 Ways to Fight Belly Flab

eat-fat-636.jpg

Siuk

Sorry, it is NOT as simple as that!

It is not just Quantity of what one eats. it makes a difference eating the RIGHT / GOOD Foods and cutting down or preferably eliminating the BAD Foods, that can make the body STORE FAT.

You are speaking from the point of view of a near-60 year old man who has (is?) been in such terrible shape he had a heart attack.   A younger, fitter guy can eat crap and keep off the fat pounds, even losing it with the effort.  I'm sure I eat more puddings and chocolate than quite a few of you combined.    You are correct though, the right foods eaten will lead to optimal fat loss and health, but it is not the only way to lose fat.

By the way, you can not choose to lose fat from any specific area of the body. No matter how many crunches or situps you do, it will only strengthen your abs, which is important more than ever if you are very fat. No one wants a hernia.

Situps holding a dumbell with two hands in front of your chest, as heavy as you can manage, then a small amount of reps, say 8-12, will workout and strengthen your abs far better than 5-30 minutes of regular situps. And you don't get bored.

• Like 1

Guy60417

Situps holding a dumbell with two hands in front of your chest, as heavy as you can manage, then a small amount of reps, say 8-12, will workout and strengthen your abs far better than 5-30 minutes of regular situps. And you don't get bored.

Thanks -- as much as I hate sit-ups, I probably would prefer this (since it wouldn't take as long), combined with my regular running/walking/biking schedule. I'll talk to the guy at the gym about it.

jigsy

Sit-ups are old hat. We work the core nowadays - look up 'planks' on google.

Siuk is right though. As far as fat goes it's last on, first off. The first place you ever gained your fat is the last place you will lose it.

I train hard and have lost around 10kgs in 6 months, but I still have belly fat. It's going, but the last bit is the hardest. I've been between 88 and 92kgs most of my adult life, but shot up to 95kgs when I returned to Cebu. Now at 85kgs, and am aiming for 82kgs, as I figure/hope the belly fat has to be gone by then!