lifeisgood

Let's put it this way, without Social Security income there would be a whole lot less Expats enjoying the good life in the Philippines. Doug

Are you saying they shouldn't get them?  Or they shouldn't be paid to people who decide to live in the RP?  Or what?

>>>>>>>>Yes it would. The reason it is in dire straights is because people are living longer. That means people are taking more out of the system than what they put in.

That's a small part of it but the major problem is that the SS fund was stolen to cover some of the countries debt.  Had the fund been left alone it would be fine.

Doubtful it would be fine.  It was a ponzi scheme to begin with.  It was bound to fail.   The only way they would be able to make it work if they invested it to coincide with inflation.  You would still be capped at how long you can draw.  Drawing money for 20 years isn't feasible with what you actually put in.

Me putting 100 dollars in the bank to use it 20 years later isn't going to work out well for me.

It reminds me of warranties.  Most companies pick a warranty date before the majority of the products defects begin to happen.  Sure, there are some that will use it but the majority will not.

Off topic, is anyone else having problems deleting quotes without screwing up the whole post?  I only want to display the portion I am responding to but any editing screws up the whole thing.

Edited by lifeisgood
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• battleborn

• Justin Kredible

• Bill H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don't get it. I banned him NOT for his political view. I banned him NOT for his opinions. I banned him because he called me treasonous against my own country.   Fine. Feel free to join him. Have

Ever notice - the only sitting Presidents to be killed, or to have attempts on their lives, seem to be the ones who are actually doing something POSITIVE for the country? No, I am not saying anyone

Well, I personally feel the last great President, and a man whom I hold a lot of respect for, was Ronald Reagan. Our military was the strongest in history, both prior to and since his Administration.

Ever notice - the only sitting Presidents to be killed, or to have attempts on their lives, seem to be the ones who are actually doing something POSITIVE for the country?

No, I am not saying anyone should shoot Obama. I am BEGGING someone to do it!

What you are saying here is totally treasonous.......... read this...http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385 if you think it's ok to advocate assasination of the president of the USA then I hope you cop what is coming to you......Justincredible was totally right in what he said.... unfortunately for him he isn't a red neck dick head like many on this forum so he had to go..... and yeah!!!......ban me if you want... couldn't give a fat rats....

• Like 1

Yep, it is clearly treasonous to suggest the murder of a sitting US President. 

• Like 1
battleborn

Ever notice - the only sitting Presidents to be killed, or to have attempts on their lives, seem to be the ones who are actually doing something POSITIVE for the country?

What you are saying here is totally treasonous.......... read this...http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385 if you think it's ok to advocate assasination of the president of the USA then I hope you cop what is coming to you......Justincredible was totally right in what he said.... unfortunately for him he isn't a red neck dick head like many on this forum so he had to go..... and yeah!!!......ban me if you want... couldn't give a fat rats....

This article is about overthrowing or distroying the Government.  No one advocates that, except an earlier post about becoming communist.  It was about changing leadership.  Might have been a little distasteful to some, but not about overthrowing the Government.  The only scary thing that would happen is we would have Joe Biden for the rest of the term.

battleborn

And I like the redneck dickhead comment.  So if you are a liberal you are a faggot butthole?  Whats with the slang name throwing?  Grow up or sober up.

• Like 1

If the cap fits then wear it............call me whatever you want... really don't care...... do not question my sobriety because you really don't know how far off the mark you are... I could of course question yours ....... but I don't like to stoop so low......

And I like the redneck dickhead comment.  So if you are a liberal you are a faggot butthole?  Whats with the slang name throwing?  Grow up or sober up.

No, he wasn't saying all conservatives are redneck dickheads. 

battleborn

If I miss read his intent I would apologize.  But I think he meant all consevatives.

• Like 1

I was not talking about all conservatives..... I was talking about the rednecks on this forum..... and there are plenty....

Your right its against the law and treasonous to advocate the assassination of the president. Put me in the non ass kisser not afraid to say whats true category also. The ass kissers on this forum would give a like to anytime a moderator farted  but I say it stinks and ban me if u want also for saying so

That would make 2 forums since yesterday and four forums banned from all together. Because as much as those who run forums like to pontificate about accepting diverse opinions, when it comes down to it, they all work to make forums that will honor them as the wise ones and ban until that happens.

Edited by jode

if I am treasonous, then, each of you who have been banned may feel free to report me to President Obama.

Now, is there anyone else who would like to be banned today? I will be happy to oblige.

feck me. And I thought a statement Alan had previously made had the members upriled. I really got them going, with mine. The fecked up part is, that was NOT the first time I ever posted it on this site!

Oh, I am proud to be a redneck, by the way.

Now, can wet get back to the topic at hand?

Edited by Paul
SkyMan

Your right its against the law and treasonous to advocate the assassination of the president.

I don't believe that is correct.  Illegal yes, but treason is a crime against a country, not a person.  Except in the case of a real monarch.  A president, while head of state, is not a monarch, thank God.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
lifeisgood

Your right its against the law and treasonous to advocate the assassination of the president.

I don't believe that is correct.  Illegal yes, but treason is a crime against a country, not a person.  Except in the case of a real monarch.  A president, while head of state, is not a monarch, thank God.

I think Obama is working on an executive order for that monarch thing.  

• Like 2