Sign in to follow this  
battleborn

Obama Care

Bill H

Well...... I guess we all now know who's about to get a visit from the Secret Service and be introduced to our new and enlightened (administered by thugs) judicial system!  <sigh>

I doubt I will ever get a visit from the Secret Service. If they do, though, I will invite them in for tea and biscuits.

They had the opportunity to do so, while the dickhead was in Cambodia a couple months back. This Administration can kiss my ass, either way. God, I hope the people aren't as stupid when it comes to the next election.

A Democrat will win the next election. The Republicans are done. They have shown just how irrational, superstitious, racist, sexist, and ignorant they are in the last election.

Probably Hilary.

:rofl:   I don't know about the repugs, but the conservative movement is far from dead.  No one who looks at Hillary closely would vote for her, but then, that's what the dems/libs always count on the sheeple to do, don't they?  Vote without looking.....or thinking.  Free stuff, free stuff, as long as the libs can dish out free stuff, the sheeple will vote them in.....until they have no more free stuff to give because the country is bankrupt.....then what will they do?  Hide, is my best guess.

• Like 1

streak03

I guess to paraphrase one of Krredible's heroes, Nancy Pelosi, You have to read it to find out whats in it....

Actually, the source of the article is here;

http://www.irs.gov/PUP/newsroom/REG-148500-12%20FR.pdf

Example 3. Family without minimum essential coverage. (i) In 2016, Taxpayers
H and J are married and file a joint return. H and J have three children: K, age 21, L,
age 15, and M, age 10. No member of the family has minimum essential coverage for
any month in 2016. H and J’s household income is $120,000. H and J’s applicable
filing threshold is $24,000. The annual national average bronze plan premium for a
family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000.

Does it mean that in the example above, that the taxpayers will end up paying 20k for insurance?  Probably not, but if Justin and folks like him have their way I'm sure that taxpayers will be picking up the biggest portion of overall costs relating to Shithead care for the majority of folks out there...you know the ones,..the ones that don't work..the takers, not the makers...(drum roll)...... Obama voters..haha

I want to know how a family of 4/5 is going to afford an additional $20,000 annually for insurance.

They are not.  The "source" of the article that forum member Streak03 is citing is a CNS, Conservative News Service, long known for posting bullcrap articles.  

The actual out of pocket costs for a working family of four is $5,500 plus up to $3,300 for copays, meds and what not.

The $20K reference includes the average total cost, covered by the member, the employer, and goverment subsidy.  If you make more, you pay more.  If you make less, you pay less.

Posters - please check your facts before citing right wing, wacko websites.   

Edit:  Here are some actual facts that you can peruse at your leisure.   http://healthreform.kff.org/subsidycalculator.aspx#incomeAgeTables

Edited by streak03
  • Like 1

Justin Kredible

You can bet your liberal ass Hillary will never hold the office of the Presidency of the United States.

Try again.

I just might take that bet.

Paul

$100 USD. You are saying the next election, right?

Put your money where your mouth is, cupcake.

Justin Kredible

I am still taking it under advisement.

Justin Kredible

that taxpayers will be picking up the biggest portion of overall costs relating to Shithead care for the majority of folks out there...you know the ones,..the ones that don't work..the takers, not the makers...(drum roll)...... Obama voters..haha

Actually, it will be MY taxes being used to pay for YOUR fat Social Security checks and military pension.  A number of retired folks keeping talking about the takers and the makers and the 47 percent and seem to be forgetting who they are.

Obamacare will save billions long term and we will save even more once single payer in put into place and the health insurance companies are gutted.

It's not rocket science.

streak03

Justin,

I pay more in taxes every year than I make in military retirement, and I have about another 11 years before you have to worry about cutting me a social security check!!   I think that Obama care is just another liberal handjob that will be used to get more and more folks dependent on the G.  In my opinion that is not a good thing.  The government cannot handle the basics very well, how in the hell do you think they will be able to manage something on the scale of this health care debacle?  Look at the fraud, waste and abuse that's rampant in medicare and all the other social program giveaways that you and folks like you seem to think are god given rights? How many are on food stamps?  How many are on disability? Hell, its about to run out of money...but hey, we can just print more..right?  fecking incredible.  8.5 million jobs disappeared in Obama's first term..and the mainstream media is saying that's a success?  The real unemployment rate is probably running somewhere around 15%. 

that taxpayers will be picking up the biggest portion of overall costs relating to Shithead care for the majority of folks out there...you know the ones,..the ones that don't work..the takers, not the makers...(drum roll)...... Obama voters..haha

Actually, it will be MY taxes being used to pay for YOUR fat Social Security checks and military pension.  A number of retired folks keeping talking about the takers and the makers and the 47 percent and seem to be forgetting who they are.

Obamacare will save billions long term and we will save even more once single payer in put into place and the health insurance companies are gutted.

It's not rocket science.

• Like 2

JSL-USMC

I want to know how a family of 4/5 is going to afford an additional $20,000 annually for insurance.

If you buy two family policies you get a discount, if you kept doubling up you could get the cost down to nothiing. It's worth a try. Let us know how it comes out, okay

• Like 1

Justin Kredible

Justin,   I pay more in taxes every year than I make in military retirement, and I have about another 11 years before you have to worry about cutting me a social security check!!  

I was wrong.

Apologies.

Paul

I am still taking it under advisement.

That's what I thought.

I was wrong.

Apologies.

You made apologies, but forgot someone.

Unlike you, apparently, I stand by my word.

Bill H

It's not rocket science.

YOUR fat Social Security checks and military pension

Whoa fella, that's wrong!  If a person is receiving a military retirement check they earned every penny.  They put their ass on the line so you could be spouting off here.  They like too many others were federal employees and thus entitled to their retirement.  Do you begrudge retired Federal janitors, nurses, cooks and FBI agents their retirement as well?  Gimme a break.

As for Social Security, anyone who is receiving SS retirement benefits earned them.  They (and their employers) paid into the system for years.  It's not their fault the politicians took that money and spent it on other things, that is not how the system was designed.  If you want to be mad at someone, blame the politicians who created this nightmare.  Throw rocks at them, not the victims.  Moreover, I don't know anyone who get's a "FAT" retirement check from SS.  Subsistence level yes, fat, no way! 

• Like 2

Paul

Justin Kredible can no longer reply. He has been banned from the forums for not apologizing, in public or private even, for calling me treasonous.

Edited by Paul

JasonEcos

Every time these subjects come up, any where on the net its always the same finger pointing. "its Bush......no its Obama....its the dems...its the repubs"  etc etc. I'm not a fan of either of these "gentlemen" but in my opinion the country looks to have been on a decline for decades. I think all of the above are responsible and the whole thing has turned into a sporting event cheering your favorite team on and booing the other team.

The system is broken. Why? I don;t know.  Corrupt politicians? Ignorant voters? Propaganda? Bad school systems? Loss of morality in the population? All of the above and more?

Fun trivia bit....know who our last independent president was? George Washington. Every since then its been party politics with dem/repub dominating the field.

• Like 3

Paul

Well, I personally feel the last great President, and a man whom I hold a lot of respect for, was Ronald Reagan. Our military was the strongest in history, both prior to and since his Administration.

I am a strong military supporter, and always will be. For my taxes to go to support our military fighting men and women, I was always happy to pay.

• Like 5

JasonEcos

Well, I personally feel the last great President, and a man whom I hold a lot of respect for, was Ronald Reagan. Our military was the strongest in history, both prior to and since his Administration.

I am a strong military supporter, and always will be. For my taxes to go to support our military fighting men and women, I was always happy to pay.

The thing that sucks is you can have the best president in the world....but hes only going to be there for up to 8yrs, then you have thousands of other career people in Washington that get to run things behind the scenes. The president may be captain, but the ship isn;t going to go where you try to steer it if the crew is acting on their own. 

I'm also a strong supporter of our military men. But what I don;t like is a lot of policy that dictates where our men are being sent and where the money is going. So much of our taxes that go towards the military is spent in a wasteful fashion.

• Like 2