Sign in to follow this  
battleborn

Obama Care

HeyMike

Screw Obamacare and screw the IRS. America should just go Communist and cut all this crap.

• Like 1

tom_shor

Screw Obamacare and screw the IRS. America should just go Communist and cut all this crap.

Actually I becieve that would result in lots more crap.

• Like 1

Mr. Mike

I want to know how a family of 4/5 is going to afford an additional $20,000 annually for insurance.

Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Like 1

JSL-USMC

The judge asked, Mr. jsl123, why didn't you buy obama care or pay the fine/tax. I replied  Your Honor....I forgot.

• Like 2

Justin Kredible

Actually according to the IRS you could save $17600 a year by dumping the insurance and paying the penalty/tax (whichever it is most convenient for the government to call it now.)

The tax penalty will increase over time to a max of 695 for individuals by 2016.  Obamacare follows a similiar progam cost pattern that a former Governer, Mitt Romney, implemented here in Massachusetts. 

It was called Romneycare back then (2006).

Of course, those without health insurance will save some money by paying the penalty, but they still won't have health insurance which could be financially devastating if something untoward happens.

I with they would have circumvented the money grubbing insurance companies and gone with single payer, like most other first world countries have done.  

• Like 1

Justin Kredible

I want to know how a family of 4/5 is going to afford an additional $20,000 annually for insurance.

They are not.  The "source" of the article that forum member Streak03 is citing is a CNS, Conservative News Service, long known for posting bullcrap articles.  

The actual out of pocket costs for a working family of four is $5,500 plus up to $3,300 for copays, meds and what not.

The $20K reference includes the average total cost, covered by the member, the employer, and goverment subsidy.  If you make more, you pay more.  If you make less, you pay less.

Posters - please check your facts before citing right wing, wacko websites.   

Edit:  Here are some actual facts that you can peruse at your leisure.   http://healthreform.kff.org/subsidycalculator.aspx#incomeAgeTables

Edited by Justin Kredible
  • Like 1

tom_shor

They are not.  The "source" of the article that forum member Streak03 is citing is a CNS, Conservative News Service, long known for posting bullcrap articles.  

The actual out of pocket costs for a working family of four is $5,500 plus up to $3,300 for copays, meds and what not.

The $20K reference includes the average total cost, covered by the member, the employer, and goverment subsidy.  If you make more, you pay more.  If you make less, you pay less.

Posters - please check your facts before citing right wing, wacko websites.   

Edit:  Here are some actual facts that you can peruse at your leisure.   http://healthreform.kff.org/subsidycalculator.aspx#incomeAgeTables

Well in actuality it is all just theory and guesswork since we have not actually started doing this. I would imagine the real figure will be somewhere between the two. By the way things involving the government usually work I would guess it would be closer to the $20000 than the $8800.

Just like in the last illegal alien amnesty they said it was 3 million and by the time it was done it was around 9 million.

Edited by tom_shor
  • Like 2

SkyMan

IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

I think very soon the rest of the world is going to see why the US is anti-gun control in a big way.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2

Paul

Wishing the President shot is traitorous. Even though I didn't like Bush and realized that Republican spending was totally out of control, I never wished him shot dead.

How dare you call me a traitor!! I love my country and would happily die for it today, in order to protect it. Shooting his dumb ass would be a patriotic thing to do!

So, I am to blindly follow a man, whom I personally believe to be detrimental to our country, to our country's security, and to our military personnel? feck you. Hell NO, I will not!!

He, although you have yet to realize it, is already a traitor to OUR country. He should have already been shot, solely for his security breach. Or, do you recall when he publicly put our military personnel in danger by revealing secret information on national television? Get your head out of the closet, or your ass, wherever it is, mate. You, and others, need to wake up, before he does any further damage to our great nation.

Incidentally, before you ever, publicly  or privately, call me a traitor again, do know this - I take accusations like that very personally. Don't be a p*ssy by trying to dress an attack up as though you are attacking my post, when it is directed at me.

Maybe that is the difference between progressives and conservative "Christians."

By the way, I would appreciate you not bringing religion, or others' beliefs, into this debate.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2

Smitty

Wishing the President shot is traitorous. Even though I didn't like Bush and realized that Republican spending was totally out of control, I never wished him shot dead.

How dare you call me a traitor!! I love my country and would happily die for it today, in order to protect it. Shooting his dumb ass would be a patriotic thing to do!

So, I am to blindly follow a man, whom I personally believe to be detrimental to our country, to our country's security, and to our military personnel? feck you. Hell NO, I will not!!

He, although you have yet to realize it, is already a traitor to OUR country. He should have already been shot, solely for his security breach. Or, do you recall when he publicly put our military personnel in danger by revealing secret information on national television? Get your head out of the closet, or your ass, wherever it is, mate. You, and others, need to wake up, before he does any further damage to our great nation.

Incidentally, before you ever, publicly  or privately, call me a traitor again, do know this - I take accusations like that very personally. Don't be a p*ssy by trying to dress an attack up as though you are attacking my post, when it is directed at me.

I believe wishing to have the president killed could be considered traitorous, but I have a way around that. Just wish to have the people who voted for him to be killed. Democracy would work much better if you could just kill whoever you don't agree with.

Bill H

Ever notice - the only sitting Presidents to be killed, or to have attempts on their lives, seem to be the ones who are actually doing something POSITIVE for the country?

No, I am not saying anyone should shoot Obama. I am BEGGING someone to do it!

This post reeks of ignorance.

Therefore, I shall attack it.

Have at ye, post!!! Arghhhhhh!!!

Maybe that is the difference between progressives and conservative "Christians."

Typical of those of your ilk, you conveniently forget the posters of Bush in the cross hairs, the vile things said about him when he was President.  That's all ok for you guys, cuz of course, you are always right, you have the clearer vision of the way the country should be and if the rest of us sheeple would just shut up and run things we would live in UTOPIA!  NOT

Bill H

>Maybe that is the difference between progressives and conservative "Christians."

By the way, I would appreciate you not bringing religion, or others' beliefs, into this debate.

Well...... I guess we all now know who's about to get a visit from the Secret Service and be introduced to our new and enlightened (administered by thugs) judicial system!  <sigh>

Paul

Well...... I guess we all now know who's about to get a visit from the Secret Service and be introduced to our new and enlightened (administered by thugs) judicial system!  <sigh>

I doubt I will ever get a visit from the Secret Service. If they do, though, I will invite them in for tea and biscuits.

They had the opportunity to do so, while the dickhead was in Cambodia a couple months back. This Administration can kiss my ass, either way. God, I hope the people aren't as stupid when it comes to the next election.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

Justin Kredible

I doubt I will ever get a visit from the Secret Service. If they do, though, I will invite them in for tea and biscuits.

They had the opportunity to do so, while the dickhead was in Cambodia a couple months back. This Administration can kiss my ass, either way. God, I hope the people aren't as stupid when it comes to the next election.

A Democrat will win the next election. The Republicans are done. They have shown just how irrational, superstitious, racist, sexist, and ignorant they are in the last election.

Probably Hilary.

• Like 1

Paul

You can bet your liberal ass Hillary will never hold the office of the Presidency of the United States.

Try again.