Sign in to follow this  
A_Simple_Man

Snake under my step

KennyF

my wife likes to kill them even the ones 16 inches long she has a piece of wood on the side of the bed and will sneak up and then bam she keeps bashing it in the head over and over

Smokey, your wife needs talking to.

Slugging a harmless lizard is not on, regardless of where you live.

KinPP

• Like 1

KennyF

Both of them survived (anti-venom was flown in), and neither snake was captured. Oh...and the one cobra was NEAR the zoo, but wasn't FROM the zoo. Both cobras were wild snakes.

The snake wrangler on Phuket told me that he could collect as many cobras as he needed because they used to come in and hang around the perimeter of his snake show premises looking to get lucky (get laid, not bite someone).

KennyF

A_Simple_Man

i hate them big lizards

Hate is a bit strong but I don't like them small lizards shittin' and pissin everywhere but they are so fast it is hard to get them, and if you do then more just come in from outside.  I want to get a vacuum with a long handle so I can suck them critters off the ceiling (9 ft high ceilings) and toss them outside.   But I'm too cheap as I really have no other use for the vacuum.

broden

I think you have got it confused with Vampires! LOL!

to be fair he probably doesn't want a vampire under his step either though

• Like 2

broden

i hate them big lizards toko with the big eyes my wife likes to kill them even the ones 16 inches long she has a piece of wood on the side of the bed and will sneak up and then bam she keeps bashing it in the head over and over i try to act like it dont bug me but the things give me the creeps but what pisses me off the most she flushes the dam things in the CR and when your sitting there you often wonder if she really killed it or not

must be hell on your sex life

Headshot

The snake wrangler on Phuket told me that he could collect as many cobras as he needed because they used to come in and hang around the perimeter of his snake show premises looking to get lucky (get laid, not bite someone).

KennyF

I don't think they actually have any cobras at the Cebu Zoo. However, they do have other snakes, and cobras eat other snakes...so maybe it was just there for a snack.

Buko Beach

I don't think they actually have any cobras at the Cebu Zoo. However, they do have other snakes, and cobras eat other snakes...so maybe it was just there for a snack.

I think the cobra that bit the zookeeper awhile back is on display at the cebu zoo. There was a pic in the Sunstar with the laborer zoo-keeper after he returned from hospital looking at the cobra that bit him in an aqarium type glass enclosure. The zookeeper went on to say he had forgiven the snake and wanted to take care of it and keep it around at the zoo as some kind of tourist trap educational display.

I dunno if the snake is currently still on display or if it was eatten escaped.

• Like 1

Headshot

I think the cobra that bit the zookeeper awhile back is on display at the cebu zoo. There was a pic in the Sunstar with the laborer zoo-keeper after he returned from hospital looking at the cobra that bit him in an aqarium type glass enclosure. The zookeeper went on to say he had forgiven the snake and wanted to take care of it and keep it around at the zoo as some kind of tourist trap educational display.

I dunno if the snake is currently still on display or if it was eatten escaped.

OK...but at the point when he was bitten, they had no cobras at the zoo. That was mentioned in the original newspaper article about the snakebite.

Knowdafish

Ask the Brgy Captain who the local snake expert is and hire him to resolve the problem one way or the other.  If it's not venomous, I'd leave him be, cuz anything that eats rats and won't kill me is a good thing in my book!

I agree! By the way, whatever happened to the snake? 

sjp

Both of them survived (anti-venom was flown in), and neither snake was captured. Oh...and the one cobra was NEAR the zoo, but wasn't FROM the zoo. Both cobras were wild snakes.

I dont understand. I researched Philippines cobras and articles say that most people die 30 to 40 minutes after a bite. How did they fly a fix in, In time for them to survive.

Headshot

I dont understand. I researched Philippines cobras and articles say that most people die 30 to 40 minutes after a bite. How did they fly a fix in, In time for them to survive.

I don't know. Maybe the articles exaggerate. In Southeast Asia, we had what they called one-steppers and two-steppers. Neither would kill you anywhere near that fast unless they injected their venom directly into a major blood vein. Even rattlesnake venom, which usually takes a day or so to kill (if left untreated), can kill in minutes if injected directly into a vein. The articles I've read also say there are no cobras on Cebu...but...well...that is obviously incorrect. I always thought it was funny that there could be cobras on Leyte, Samar, Bohol and Negros...while there were none on Cebu. Two guys were bit by cobras on Cebu in the last year, and both survived aftter receiving anti-venom that was flown in.

• Like 1

Canuck Joe

A rattlesnake bit my friend Gary on his azz.        

“Don’t panic,” I yelled, “My trusty medical manual’ll tell us what to do.”   (The manual prescribes cutting an X on the snake bite, then sucking out the venom.)   I keep reading and re reading the advice to myself.

“What’s it say?” asks Gary in a panicky voice.

I closed the book...paused and said....

“It Says you’re going to die Gary”

goldote

Common yellow cobra.  They say to immobilize, tie off and have the hospital start an IV until anti venom arrives.

They'll win a pissing match.  Slingshots just piss them off. 

I was advised to get an air rifle. 

Bill H

So how did this story end?  What happened to your slithery friend?

A_Simple_Man

So how did this story end?  What happened to your slithery friend?

There have been a lot of snakes talked about in this thread but I assume you refer to the one in the opening post.  Nothing (except for seeing a couple rats) has changed since this post:

Truth is it has disappeared.  I hired one of the fearless relatives to go on a snake hunt and it has not been seen.  Perhaps it is having a long sleep under my step but I have not seen it since AND have not seen any rats around since that time AND the neighbors chickens have been much quieter lately.  Win win win.   I'll update when he is next seen.