Snake under my step

A_Simple_Man

A_Simple_Man

I took my brush cutter (weed whacker) outside and cut the grass real short around the front sidewalk.  I'm trying to get another look at this snake.  He/she is either gone or just hiding.  I am noticing lots of entrance holes to get under the concrete and I suspect it is in there or returning there from time to time.

Anyway, this morning I noticed my wife outside sweeping up all the grass clippings.  She has seen the snake so knows it is in the area but she wanted to clean up all the grass clippings and dead leaves in the area.  So how many western gals would go outside and sweep the grass around a nest of cobras?  I don't know any Canadian gals who would.  How about Aussie gals?  I told her, don't get bit!  There'd be no one to change the baby's diapers.

• Like 2
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A_Simple_Man

• Headshot

• broden

• lazydays

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buy a Flute?

hire someone else to do it...

be sure to get some good close-ups so we can all see how you died get a proper identification.      really nothing wrong with your attitude.  in dealing with snakes discretion is always the better

Posted Images

hookedtothenet

How about Aussie gals?

I know a few Aussie girls that would actually! LOL! 

But, yes your wife is brave compared to most.

You don't change baby diapers yourself? ;)  LOL!

• Like 1
lazydays

Interesting, those buggers are everywhere except here on Cebu, why is that? Negros too!

I wouldn't be too sure of that, there are a lot of one eyed trouser snakes slithering around Cebu and Negros :lol:  

Davaoeno

I don't know any Canadian gals who would.

Canadian gals are too busy defending their kids from polar bears to worry about those little cobras !!

• 2 weeks later...
Buko Beach

Any update on the Cobra under your steps? Pics? Hospital records?

Just wondering if the OP's silence was snake inflicted. JK.  :unknw:

A_Simple_Man

Truth is it has disappeared.  I hired one of the fearless relatives to go on a snake hunt and it has not been seen.  Perhaps it is having a long sleep under my step but I have not seen it since AND have not seen any rats around since that time AND the neighbors chickens have been much quieter lately.  Win win win.

I'll update when he is next seen.

Truth is it has disappeared.  I hired one of the fearless relatives to go on a snake hunt and it has not been seen.  Perhaps it is having a long sleep under my step but I have not seen it since AND have not seen any rats around since that time AND the neighbors chickens have been much quieter lately.  Win win win.

I'll update when he is next seen.

I think the next time you see HER you may also see her offspring's. She may be up in your walls or other crack or crevice doing her thing. No more rats around tells me she is still around.  

• 3 weeks later...
Married Kano

hire someone else to do it...

Exactly---The best option is to stay away from it and simply give an adult neighbor or friend P50 to catch it. It will be gone and on their BBQ for the evenings Emperidor and beer party faster than scat! Hahaha.

OK...so you have a cobra living under your front step. Now what are you planning to do?

I would be cutting the legs off my bed and hanging my bed from the freakin ceiling --use step later to get in bed and push the damn thing away at night--the jump down in the morning would suck though

my motto is---see snake--run in opposite direction !!!

• Like 1

I once saw a snake in my grandma's house when I was little. Scared, I called everyone but the snake crawled into a hole on the ground. I remember my uncle threw a lot of crushed garlic into the whole. They say snakes hate the smell of garlic. Maybe that's true because the snake really tried to get out of the hole despite it's head getting pounded every time he did.

hookedtothenet

They say snakes hate the smell of garlic.

I think you have got it confused with Vampires! LOL!

• Like 1
Headshot

I think you have got it confused with Vampires! LOL!

So...you think she saw a vampire crawl down a hole in the ground? Damn...if that's the case, she needs some new glasses.

:cool_01:

smokey

i hate them big lizards toko with the big eyes my wife likes to kill them even the ones 16 inches long she has a piece of wood on the side of the bed and will sneak up and then bam she keeps bashing it in the head over and over i try to act like it dont bug me but the things give me the creeps but what pisses me off the most she flushes the dam things in the CR and when your sitting there you often wonder if she really killed it or not

• Like 1
hookedtothenet

So...you think she saw a vampire crawl down a hole in the ground? Damn...if that's the case, she needs some new glasses.

:cool_01:

Maybe an Aswang ;) LOL!

Headshot

i hate them big lizards toko with the big eyes my wife likes to kill them even the ones 16 inches long she has a piece of wood on the side of the bed and will sneak up and then bam she keeps bashing it in the head over and over i try to act like it dont bug me but the things give me the creeps but what pisses me off the most she flushes the dam things in the CR and when your sitting there you often wonder if she really killed it or not

I think there's a script for a movie in there someplace.  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO: