Omni 3-way Switch Wiring Diagram.

RogerDat

Greetings! Yesterday the 28th my workers got their first ever 3 way light switch installed and it works!!!!

They were like cave men looking at a flying saucer. Giggleing like little girls as they ran back and forth flipping the switches.

This is the second one I have. The first I put in myself back in 08 I think. We took it appart and studied the circuit, then my apprentice electriction hooked it up, I helped by showing how to fish a wire down a dry wall and then patch the hole we had to make to get it thru the chaff guards, so they now know how to patch dry wall.

Heres the circuit, Omni switches used.'

post-7667-0-49133900-1359414519_thumb.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RogerDat

• Headshot

• Woolf

• GoHuk

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brilliant example of how to go off-topic in two posts. It can't be done any faster than that. 

Greetings! Forums are ment to be a place to have a casual conversation between intrested members discusing what we are doing with our time, and are not allways toeing the party line. Cave men, flying

Greetings! The "KEY" is "Three-ways are fairly easy to implement provided you have the right switches and you can follow the diagram." That is why I posted the diagram. Yes I do have dry wall, with

Posted Images

Davaoeno

You have an interior dry wall wall ??  I have never seen one here so far   [ some ceilings tho ]

Headshot

You have an interior dry wall wall ??  I have never seen one here so far   [ some ceilings tho ]

Brilliant example of how to go off-topic in two posts. It can't be done any faster than that.  :cool:

• Like 2
Davaoeno

Brilliant example of how to go off-topic in two posts. It can't be done any faster than that.  :cool:

funny but i dont see you adding anything to  Omni 3 way switch wireing diagram.

actually i responded to something discussed in the OP- so how can it possibly be off topic ?   Is there some rule now that we are only allowed to discuss what the poster puts as his heading- and cant post anything about his comments ?

Edited by Davaoeno
thebob

A 3 way is much harder to implement. I think that you have only shown a 2 way.

Scottiev

A 3 way is much harder to implement.

Been trying to work on the 3 way since i got here......

Let's not let this go into the gutter, guys. Stay on topic.

Headshot

funny but i dont see you adding anything to  Omni 3 way switch wiring diagram.

actually i responded to something discussed in the OP- so how can it possibly be off topic ?   Is there some rule now that we are only allowed to discuss what the poster puts as his heading- and cant post anything about his comments ?

He also mentioned "giggling like little girls running back and forth" too...but I believe the topic was on 3-way switches.

A 3 way is much harder to implement. I think that you have only shown a 2 way.

It may be called a 2-way switch in the UK, but in the US this is called a 3-way switch. A 2-way switch is a simple toggle switch (with the two ways being on or off). With a 3-way setup, you have two switches with no determinate "on" or "off" marked on the switch (since whether the lights are on or off is dependent on the relative positions of the two switches). Three-ways are fairly easy to implement provided you have the right switches and you can follow the diagram.

Edited by Headshot
SkyMan

funny but i dont see you adding anything to  Omni 3 way switch wiring diagram.

He also mentioned "giggling like little girls running back and forth" too...but I believe the topic was on 3-way switches.

>A 3 way is much harder to implement. I think that you have only shown a 2 way.

It may be called a 2-way switch in the UK, but in the US this is called a 3-way switch. A 2-way switch is a simple toggle switch (with the two ways being on or off). With a 3-way setup, you have two switches with no determinate "on" or "off" marked on the switch (since whether the lights are on or off is dependent on the relative positions of the two switches). Three-ways are fairly easy to implement provided you have the right switches and you can follow the diagram.

Yes, it's called a three way in the US.  There's another name that escapes me.  The switches here don't come with any wiring diagrams so you need to do a bit of poking around with a multi-meter or test light to figure out what's going on but then it's not hard to figure a 3 way.  Most houses in the US have them with one switch at the top of a staircase and the other at the bottom.  As common as they are it seems they are almost always wired in what I consider a wrong way in that the light is off if one switch it up and the other down.  Seems more logical to me to have the light off if both are down which also means if both are up.

RogerDat

Greetings! The "KEY" is "Three-ways are fairly easy to implement provided you have the right switches and you can follow the diagram."

That is why I posted the diagram.

Yes I do have dry wall, with insulation in them, see "building a roll formed steel house" in building forum.

I ask Omni for diagram, no response, the sell the things here, but I have not found anyone local who knew how to wire them.

I have heard that MECO on Mactan has a traing fixture that is made up of various circuits for electricions to study, some day hope to see it.

• Like 1

I had also problems with my lighting's Omni switches since some experts have painted our rooms and therefore removed all switches & sockets.

may be, this is a better overview. the language is German, but it should be self-explaining

Wechselschaltung.PNG

RogerDat

Greetings!

The drawing is not correct for Philippines Omni switch.

#3 on one switch is conected to #3 on the other.

#1 on one is connected to #1 on other.

We seldom have ground here.

Here the L is "0"

The top left is "3"

The top right is "1"

Your drawing showes # 3 hooked to # 1, and #1 to # 3.

I had also problems with my lighting's Omni switches since some experts have painted our rooms and therefore removed all switches & sockets.

may be, this is a better overview. the language is German, but it should be self-explaining

Wechselschaltung.PNG

RogerDat

Greetings! Here is your edited picture. How did you upload it with only 14 post?

I had to have 50 before I could post pictures.

post-7667-0-92257600-1359711302_thumb.png

Edited by RogerDat
RogerDat

Greetings! Yesterday the 28th my workers got their first ever 3 way light switch installed and it works!!!!

They were like cave men looking at a flying saucer. Giggleing like little girls as they ran back and forth flipping the switches.

This is the second one I have. The first I put in myself back in 08 I think. We took it appart and studied the circuit, then my apprentice electriction hooked it up, I helped by showing how to fish a wire down a dry wall and then patch the hole we had to make to get it thru the chaff guards, so they now know how to patch dry wall.

Heres the circuit, Omni switches used.'

attachicon.gif3WAYswitch.png

Greetings! Forums are ment to be a place to have a casual conversation between intrested members discusing what we are doing with our time, and are not allways toeing the party line.

Cave men, flying saucers, giggleing girls, and runing, as well as flipping switches  might also come up as well as the dry wall thing as they were also mentioned to establish mood and back ground . My workers were so pleased as they had never seen the like, and they were the ones to hook it up, so was a bright spot in the dasily grind for them. You have no idea how dull it is on Mactan.

Thats why it is more fun on LIC than opther forums. Take care and love to all.

New pics comming soon to roll foirm steel house!

Edited by RogerDat
  • Like 2