brownouts ( the longest one yet )

Paul

I thought its only in Mindanao where brownouts is very extreme... In general santos we have 6-7 hours a day of brownouts.

Often, issues with power on Mindanao, are due to a lack of rain. There are a number of hydro-electric power generation plants in Mindanao, which provide a significant amount of power on that island. When the water is not available, the power is going to be lacking as well.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• CebuKano

• panther

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the contrary, there are many brands of high quality commercial generator available here. You will never see a Honda powering a hotel, beach resort, call center, or restaurant of any size in the Phi

When in the Philippines, speak like a Filipino?   But it 'bugs' me somewhat, as a Professional I.Eng., to hear Electrical terms, wrongly used, like 'Brownout'!   What color is brown - the color of

Thats exactly it, Dave. For them, it's a brownout. For us, power cut or black out.   Whether it is proper or not, it will be a hell of a lot easier to say it as they do. Because, you can bet your as

Not even Cepalco trust their own supply, so they are building this, +400 mill Solar Powered Administration Building...

25251625262071714501364.jpg

goldote

Battery powered LED lanterns. O2 cool fans run 40 hours on 2 D cells.

I like camping.   Don't hear any 'boom, boom, boom' for a while. 

My record is 2 days on Bantayan.  Cambodia sounds like a real challenge. 

Paul

Cambodia sounds like a real challenge.

14 hours is the longest I have gone without power. Recently, the power has been continuous. But, the voltage goes up and down like two teenagers screwing. 230vac is what we are supposed to have. But, it often drops to around 110vac. Power in the building where I live, now also costs the equivalent of .275c US. This is higher than I paid anywhere I ever lived in the Philippines. The last rate I paid, was the equivalent of .25c US, or about 10 Piso per Kilowatt Hour. That was to CEBECO, in Carcar. So, I pay more than I ever have for power, yet it is the most unreliable power I have ever had as well.

Oh, the rates here vary as well. I know some people who pay less, about 820 Riel per Kilowatt Hour, or .206c US. While others I know, pay as much as 2,000 Riel per Kilowatt Hour. That is .50c US.

Edited by Paul
Paul

hey are building this, +400 mill Solar Powered Administration Building..

Where is this being constructed, Raven?

Where is this being constructed, Raven?

...along Masterson Avenue, Pueblo de Oro (near SM)

• Like 1
panther

we are still getting brownouts almost daily in bacolod city with very little explanations for them.