Sign in to follow this  
J-Divert

Argao Accomodations

J-Divert

Greetings folks,

My daughter and I are traveling to Argao in March for vacation so she can meet her mothers side of the family. She'll be 25 by then and has no memory of the Philippines when we left there 22 years ago.

Wondered if anyone had any recommendations where to stay. Would like to save a few bucks somewhere in the 800 - 1000 range or even less if reasonably possible. Mostly looking for reasonable security as my daughter may have her own room. Air con is not a requirement.

We'll be staying 18 days.

And what is everyone's favorite Tanduay Rum?

Thanks!

cebubird

Louisa's Place might be just the ticket for you. Little off the beaten path, ocean front little one room cottages with front porch. Very simple, very plain-not even tv, but clean and pleasant Probably 7-800 per night and she would probably give you a weekly rate. She frequently has people stay several weeks there. Her home is on the property and the grounds are clean and spacious.

My wife and I stayed there for a week few years ago and enjoyed it. Louisa is a sweet elderly widow(late husband was German)and she even used to bring coffee down to our cottage in the mornings for me.

Another place on the ocean has I think 3 rooms available for about 1200 a night a/c and tv-hot water for showers. Dining tables under the trees-pretty quiet even tho right on the highway. She also serves cooked to order meals.

Palm Gardens is name of it-on south end of Bamboo Paradise. Lodi is owner. Wife and I stayed there for 1 month when we moved here We stayed there instead of Louisia's because we were busy looking for place to live and get settled, and not just relaxing.

Of course there are other places on the beach-cost more, and there has been some new apartments just opened, but don't know if they are for short term rental.

Hope this will be of help to you.

• Like 3

udonthani

the obvious budget option is Aballe Pension house on the highway, just before you get into the center of town from Cebu, small aircon and cable tv rooms are 600.

a bit small for two though, when I passed through Argao before Christmas we stayed at Bamboo Paradise, their rooms are quite sizable and sell for between 1,000 and 1,500, however I'm not paying that and we settled for 800 if not using the aircon, which of course you don't need at a sea=facing place like that.

• Like 1

cebubird

Another place I didn't mention this morning is Woodruffs, and I checked their rates today-1200 a night and rate reduced for longer stay like yours. They have very nice pool, covered pavillion, restaurant(pretty good hamburgers)Owner is Tom Woodfruff,military retiree from California.

The place mentioned in above post would not be a good place to stay for long visit like yours.

• Like 2

J-Divert

How do I get in touch with these folks for a firm cost? Leaning towards Louisa's or maybe Woodruf's if the price is right. Should I make reservations?

Paul

How do I get in touch with these folks for a firm cost? Leaning towards Louisa's or maybe Woodruf's if the price is right. Should I make reservations?

http://www.woodruffs-beachresort.com/english/

If you happen to get a tariff sheet, or any other information on Louisa's Place, please post it. It is in serious need of information to come up on the internet. 

This thread is on the first page of the results, regarding it.

Edited by Paul

cebubird

I will stop by tom's again and check-will also go by and see Louisa. havent talked with her in awhile anyway. She is really a nice lady.

J-Divert

Thank you.

cebubird

Ok Mr. D. Tom said he would rent the rooms to you for 17800 each for the 18 days. that's about 210 off his daily rate.

TV, A/c internet, pool, and like I said right on the highway so convenient for transportation.

His email is [email protected]

Just got back from talking with Louisa and her little 1 room cottages are still 500 per night. Clean, simple, 1 rooom with fan night stand and bathroom and front porch, 25 feet from ocean's edge.

Also she has  one cottage with 2 separate a/c rooms for 1000 per night.

It's off the beaten path and you have to take short walk to catch tricycle, but it's wonderfully tropical and clean and quiet. she said she would cook breakfast if you ordered in advance and like I said she would bring coffee to your porch every morning.

Her cell phone nr is 09321820016.

Hope this will be of help to you.

• Like 2

J-Divert

I'm thinking Louisa's then. I'll try calling her next week some time. Thank you very much cebubird for your help!

Paul

Take pics and post 'em!

J-Divert

Will do Paul!

cebubird

I'm thinking Louisa's then. I'll try calling her next week some time. Thank you very much cebubird for your help!

Glad to do it for you. Just a thought for you-after staying couple days and looking around you can always move if it's too plain and simple for you.

If there is anything more I can do, don't  hesitate to let me know.

cebubird

Yep, that is just exactly as it is. Very plain and simple.