50 pesos anyone?

Davaoeno

Never had anyone steal 50 pesos from me, but the $300 matching spare tire/wheel was missing from my 10 month old pickup truck when I went to trade it in a couple weeks ago.

I assume that was the 2012 Strada you were selling to buy a property ? Did you sell it ? I havent found a place in Davao that will ever take a trade in 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Headshot

• Monsoon

• Skywalker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, I opened my current resto-bar about seven years ago.   There were mostly carabao and rice farmers walking by.   Now the road is paved and we have tourists from around the globe eating pizza an

Well, if you spend the years developing local relationships with the politicians, military, and cops but most importantly your neighbours then you might understand.   There's a world of difference b

I have exactly the same experience in Tuble, Moalboal. Situated on a concrete road, with 2 refrigerators, one full of beer the other soft drinks, in plain sight with only a waist height wall protectin

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Never had anyone steal 50 pesos from me, but the $300 matching spare tire/wheel was missing from my 10 month old pickup truck when I went to trade it in a couple weeks ago.

I assume that was the 2012 Strada you were selling to buy a property ? Did you sell it ? I havent found a place in Davao that will ever take a trade in

I was selling it because I don't need 3 cars nor did I want to spend $75,000 on parking spots. Yes it has been disposed of, traded in to a car dealer friend.

al Capone used to leave money laying around and no one stole from him ////

And for good reason!! Those who worked for him knew they would get a baseball bat to the head if they had taken the money.

• Like 1

i want to a wake came home and all me eletric wire was gone from my house :back_stab:

udonthani

I had my motorbike washed and they said they'd do a really thorough job, 'inside and out', saying 'go and have your dinner sir and come back in 30 minutes'.. With hindsight, suspiciously cheap at only 30 pesos the wash in Dumaguete city, low price for a city. While they were inside, they unscrewed the gas tank and helped themselves to about 60 pesos worth of fuel which I didn't realise until the next day as it had gotten dark by the time they'd finished.

• Like 1
mikejwoodnz

I had my motorbike washed and they said they'd do a really thorough job, 'inside and out', saying 'go and have your dinner sir and come back in 30 minutes'.. With hindsight, suspiciously cheap at only 30 pesos the wash in Dumaguete city, low price for a city. While they were inside, they unscrewed the gas tank and helped themselves to about 60 pesos worth of fuel which I didn't realise until the next day as it had gotten dark by the time they'd finished.

Oh my Whippy ! - I bet Big Al wouldn't have stood for that  :killself:

udonthani

I had no way of proving it 100% enough to confront them about it, besides 60 pesos isn't going to upset even me all that unduly. It wasn't totally inconceivable it might have happened someplace else, however I was and remain absolutely sure that is where the fuel walked - at the bike wash.

I awont ever show I have crap, but I am a student of history, if you drink from the cup and take it, he boss gets puissed off and you don't male it out alive, plus he gets odd aon torturing you untl you confess to crap u havebnt done, fun fun fun. You are talking about a place i Would Dhe woyld be ae looking dor job. ok I kill 9/10 0f you and the rsttget standard pay, BIG WTF IS THAT?. jEZE, i HAVE BEEN THINKING I coulf iuse a sheperone and helper. Real job because I'm not the average ''er roger" Probably pay forhtemselves being purer than me, as almost everyone could possibly be. For instanceif someone wanted to screw mud because it moved at a dragon killing festivakl. If it's the family business, sheep te od carabou or th erzasts dragon it's up tp uyou unkless you made it y busoness, in which case the people wpuld be selling shark tickets next year if I had anuy thibg to say about it which I probably woulfnt't. So there, stick put tounge or whatevetr

HeyMike

I don't mean to be offensive... but what language is that?

• Like 5
InternetTough

I read in a guidebook that a Korean won't steal a pin from anyone he knows. I didn't really believe it, but I then taught in a classroom there for 11 years and I kept a lot of fairly pricey, interesting stuff in it. Sometimes I would lose track of something and think---"It has happened---finally, someone has stolen from me."  Always I would find it later where I had misplaced it.

It seems to be somewhat similar here---add a personal element, and things go better than, say, in the big city, by the big highway...

Headshot

I don't mean to be offensive... but what language is that?

I think it's eggnoggin's evil twin.

• Like 5

I had my motorbike washed and they said they'd do a really thorough job, 'inside and out', 

I didnt know that a motorbike had an inside.

Maybe they meant they would do a really thorough job of the inside of your tank? 

Sometimes i wonder....i got a $70,000 v8 suped up ute stolen from my driveway in melbourne n got market value insurance paid of $12,000...so if i loose a few thousand pesos cos for whatever reason thats just life....

Edited by ozboy
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Who washes a rental bike?

udonthani

whatever makes you tihink it's a rented bike? Do you believe every piece of utter nonsense you read on internet forums?

besides, even when I have rented bikes in the past I have on occasion washed them myself or paid someone else to do it, I've also found that Filipinas don't like riding around on muddy, dirty bikes and quite often, they wash them themselves. In fact when we I was staying at a place in the Camotes where I had the use of a hosepipe around the laundry area, the girl washed down the bike every single day.