Foreigner shoots Cebu fiscal inside Palace of Justice

musingloudly

InternetTough

((I write this as a forum member and not as a moderator.))

OK, so the guy shot a couple of lawyers.

Perhaps he had good reason, and perhaps not.

However, it was only two lawyers, and Philippine lawyers at that.

So, they probably deserved it, and it will be two less to cause trouble for others.

(It would have been far better had he shot some politicians, about the only breed worse than lawyers.) 

This is very imprudent, praising the notion of shooting politicians. It makes me nervous.

Edited by InternetTough
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• InternetTough

• smokey

• JamesMusslewhite

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well as a forum member and not as a moderator i must tell you that this comment is a flagrant  piece of garbage  and totally unworthy of being posted -.   Posting that people deserve to be murdered

I would love to see a complete chronology of the events that led up to this murder/suicide. This didn't start when he walked through "security" and into the Palace of Justice with two guns. It sounds

No one has said that you are not allowed a point of view Alan. They have just said that in this case your point of view stinks.   And also  that it is unusual for you  to say such a nonsensical kind o

Posted Images

InternetTough

Your muttering, "Maybe she was a bad mother..." is weird. 

You know that I only said that because you were making a big thing out of her having born children at some point in her life. I have no problem about what you say on this whole subject -except your making it sound like motherhood is next to Sainthood   lol 

Sentimental me---I should learn from all you hard-headed realists---not!

Surprised the comments are allowed to stand. Won't be long before the authorities stumble accross this thread to see what us Joes tink of all this (as they did some years ago) and no more LiC.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Surprised the comments are allowed to stand. Won't be long before the authorities stumble accross this thread to see what us Joes tink of all this (as they did some years ago) and no more LiC.

Anyone with half a brain will see that the controversial  post  was soundly thrashed and opposed by the majority of members .  At the same time people can see how a real democracy works - with anyone being able to state their position on a subject and anyone else being able to agree or disagree with that statement.    I think Joe is doing just fine in this matter thank you . 

And I think a compliment has to be paid to the mods and admins and Paul for not trying to come down hard on anything that has been said here - either pro or con.   Yes Alan is an Admin but he excused himself from that role this time and did so right up front .   Its the ability to sometimes deal with the very real and very difficult issues that can arise here that makes Linc so special ! 

• Like 2

I was thinking the same thing I hope the posters who live here look at the laws and customs. This thread should be deleted

• Like 1

Okay so only one more foreigner (in addition to Pope) advocates the shooting of Filipino politicians so they will let it go this time.

• Like 1

Almost of us Kano have experienced some sort of discrimination here....If we get into trouble or want to sue somebody , good luck

But we all come and stay here knowing about the corruption and unfairness

Unlike the Fillipinos we have a passport which allows us to back to the west

If life here  pisses you off too much , get in a taxi and head to the airport

• Like 4
Stranded Shipscook

First my condolences to the family.

I think I am in the twilight Zone when I read some comments here ( I only read till page 6)

Are some guys here actually condoning the deed of the Madman ? Nothing in the world give anyone the right to walk around and shoot People without any threatening reason.

This was a Person exploiting and abusing the courtesy brought against us foreigners of NOT being overly pestered by the Security Personnel such as the general local population.

And he shot a couple of people including collateral killings in a Wild West Manner of self Justice and you can UNDERSTAND that ?

Wow... that is severe and utterly unfunny.

I repeat it, the person is a MADMAN  and his only defense is insanity !

So he belonged in an institution at best and after that in Prison. Maybe better for the family he left behind that he was Shot by the Police.

I dislike the deed of him, regardless of his personal suffering. I know nth People with a heavier injustice than what happened to them but they do not shoot the ones they BELIEVE are guilty or at fault for their own misery.

There is NO excuse for harming large parts of society in a personal vendetta. ( namely US guys  )

We all now have to suffer from stricter physical checks for weapons. Maybe our houses will be searched and maybe all of our chocolate shipments from abroad opened.

All because of a Madman.

And sorry to those who knew him, at the time of deed he was a madman and the result of his actions is the reckless and unthoughtfull harm of large parts of society for a long time to come. I have no sympathy for this at all. Regardless of what he was in his sane days. Anyone who feels similar revenge feelings should seek councelling, so that it does go away.

---

Pope actually wrote a few articles (or were republished, not sure) in Sunstar and Freeman, this is why he is maybe familiar to some.

I knew him also from some social occasions in his "normal" daysat the turnof the century, where he was a decent and nice fellow.

I don't know what made him become a Madman ( but definitely a psychological/medical issue)

My condolences again to the Family.

• Like 6

Many people complain about the corruption, which is harming the country.

They also complain about the justice system, which is not only slow and unfair, frequently based upon who one knows or "considerations", and is failry obviously biased against foreigners.

None of these problems are, or will be, tackled by the powers that be, as they are the ones who benefit.

In any case, foreigners can make no difference, as they have no say in the country. 

There have been many posts on this very board complaining about the inability of foreigners to change anything.

And yet, in this case, a foeigner did something that might change things.

He actually took action against those who he saw as corrupt.

You may not agree with my point of view,  but please permit me to have an opinion, even it it doesnt agree with yours.

You may not like his actions, but at least he did something,

So are you saying that as foreigners here and if we are charged with something (rightly or wrong) we should arm ourselves and go on a killing spree, I have been here 8 years and don't agree with a lot that goes on here however I'm from the UK and have been robbed by UK lawyers but didn't go round killing them (felt like doing it though).

I understand you have been here for quite a few years and consider you should have more sense on what you wrote.

This as other members have said is going to make it more difficult for foreigners here.

Maybe you should be our spokesman to the Filipino government and fight for our rights in their country.

Edited by Durham
  • Like 1
Davaoeno

I don't know what made him become a Madman

Well I can see several things that contributed to it !! 

also:

Maybe our houses will be searched-        you do appreciate Guenther that when you post extremely unrealistic things like this that you tend to diminish  the impact of any statements that you make - because now you venture into fantasy land. You have lived here many years Guenther and you know that this statement is just made to stir up controversy - and nothing more 

Are some guys here actually condoning the deed of the Madman ?   i dont believe so - but some are saying that they certainly understand the reasons why someone can reach the point of madness.

This was a Person exploiting and abusing the courtesy brought against us foreigners of NOT being overly pestered by the Security Personnel- actually if you read all the info available you will see that that was exactly one of the things he was complaining about- harassment by the security personnel at the request of the doctor

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1
MarinePride

Push a guy far enough and hard enough then dont be surprised if he turns around and bites you !!

This is good advice to follow in life, especially when dealing with someone who is older. 

• Like 3

Many people complain about the corruption, which is harming the country.

They also complain about the justice system, which is not only slow and unfair, frequently based upon who one knows or "considerations", and is failry obviously biased against foreigners.

None of these problems are, or will be, tackled by the powers that be, as they are the ones who benefit.

In any case, foreigners can make no difference, as they have no say in the country. 

There have been many posts on this very board complaining about the inability of foreigners to change anything.

And yet, in this case, a foeigner did something that might change things.

He actually took action against those who he saw as corrupt.

You may not agree with my point of view,  but please permit me to have an opinion, even it it doesnt agree with yours.

You may not like his actions, but at least he did something,

So are you saying that as foreigners here and if we are charged with something (rightly or wrong) we should arm ourselves and go on a killing spree, I have been here 8 years and don't agree with a lot that goes on here however I'm from the UK and have been robbed by UK lawyers but didn't go round killing them (felt like doing it though).

I understand you have been here for quite a few years and consider you should have more sense on what you wrote.

This as other members have said is going to make it more difficult for foreigners here.

Maybe you should be our spokesman to the Filipino government and fight for our rights in their country.

no he does,nt live here

InternetTough

no he does,nt live here

And so he wouldn't have to worry about any fallout from insane words or actions from foreigners.

Edited by InternetTough
  • Like 1
smokey

The fact that he takes the weapon into a courtroom is for me evidence that this was planned. The incident also proves for me that the accusations against him were justified, at least one must see the event as proof of his threatening and crazy behavior.

I agree with your first conclusion.  However I totally disagree with your second .  I tend to go the most crazy when i am accused of something that I did NOT do !! 

He actually admitted that he has illegal weapon for self-defense! This case is not entirely new to me.

I have no understanding or compassion for this man!

He was a ticking time bomb, I'm afraid this case may have consequences for us foreigners in this country.

But I do not think we really disagree.

you really dont believe that do you ?  If you really did i am sure you would be at the airport writing from your lap top 

• Like 1
smokey

First my condolences to the family.

I think I am in the twilight Zone when I read some comments here ( I only read till page 6)

Are some guys here actually condoning the deed of the Madman ? Nothing in the world give anyone the right to walk around and shoot People without any threatening reason.

This was a Person exploiting and abusing the courtesy brought against us foreigners of NOT being overly pestered by the Security Personnel such as the general local population.

And he shot a couple of people including collateral killings in a Wild West Manner of self Justice and you can UNDERSTAND that ?

Wow... that is severe and utterly unfunny.

I repeat it, the person is a MADMAN  and his only defense is insanity !

So he belonged in an institution at best and after that in Prison. Maybe better for the family he left behind that he was Shot by the Police.

I dislike the deed of him, regardless of his personal suffering. I know nth People with a heavier injustice than what happened to them but they do not shoot the ones they BELIEVE are guilty or at fault for their own misery.

There is NO excuse for harming large parts of society in a personal vendetta. ( namely US guys  )

We all now have to suffer from stricter physical checks for weapons. Maybe our houses will be searched and maybe all of our chocolate shipments from abroad opened.

All because of a Madman.

And sorry to those who knew him, at the time of deed he was a madman and the result of his actions is the reckless and unthoughtfull harm of large parts of society for a long time to come. I have no sympathy for this at all. Regardless of what he was in his sane days. Anyone who feels similar revenge feelings should seek councelling, so that it does go away.

---

Pope actually wrote a few articles (or were republished, not sure) in Sunstar and Freeman, this is why he is maybe familiar to some.

I knew him also from some social occasions in his "normal" daysat the turnof the century, where he was a decent and nice fellow.

I don't know what made him become a Madman ( but definitely a psychological/medical issue)

My condolences again to the Family.

well lets hope you dont get checked by the ones who checked the 13 last week or the guy who shot the 7 the week before that lots of crazy people running around in all shapes sizes and colors

Almost of us Kano have experienced some sort of discrimination here....If we get into trouble or want to sue somebody , good luck

But we all come and stay here knowing about the corruption and unfairness

Unlike the Fillipinos we have a passport which allows us to back to the west

If life here  pisses you off too much , get in a taxi and head to the airport

too bad after your arrested they dont let you turn the clock back so you can go to the airport...