• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• InternetTough

• smokey

• JamesMusslewhite

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well as a forum member and not as a moderator i must tell you that this comment is a flagrant  piece of garbage  and totally unworthy of being posted -.   Posting that people deserve to be murdered

I would love to see a complete chronology of the events that led up to this murder/suicide. This didn't start when he walked through "security" and into the Palace of Justice with two guns. It sounds

No one has said that you are not allowed a point of view Alan. They have just said that in this case your point of view stinks.   And also  that it is unusual for you  to say such a nonsensical kind o

Posted Images

Davaoeno
Eventually it escalated into the doctor trying to force the old man out of the country via his connections.

If this is true then I appreciate a bit more his frustration.  This is the same method that many filipinas have used/tried to use to get rid of foreign husbands and take their property. I have been threatened this way twice myself.  [ once in a business deal, and once by a friends gf who states she has no use for foreigners - she even tried to get my friend deported ! ]

Davaoeno

He shot a mother in the head! 

I believe that is the 2nd time you said that, and it makes no sense to me.  Shooting someone is shooting someone, and whether or not they are a mother or a father, or a woman w/o children or a man w/o children is irrelevant 

Maybe she was a terrible mother who only cared about her career and her children were actually raised by a string of yayas  and the children wont even know she is gone - maybe the children are grown up -[ which is probably the case since she was in her 40s in which case her kids are most likely in their 20s] 

Edited by Davaoeno
Davaoeno

Pope had been quoted as saying at the time that the pistol he was carrying was for self-defence.

"I wanted to be prepared," Pope said to ABS-CBN News in the Philippines last year. "This guy, Rafols, once came to my apartment at 2 o'clock in the morning with two armed police officers and an armed bodyguard with their guns out and swung a baseball bat inches from my face."

Both of these articles are worth reading - but i cant open them : [ thank you Woolf ]

Who is John Pope?

Neighborhood dispute triggered it all

So according to Pope his life in his condo was made a living hell by the doctor he killed.  Seems the doctor was president of the HOA . Seems money was stolen by the manager but the doctor refused to properly investigate or prosecute.  Seems the doctor was making threats against Pope backed up by armed guards - guns in hand.  Seems the doctor got the condo guards to continually harass Pope .  Seems that when the 2 men couldnt settle their dispute the doctor then had the HOA [of which he was president] complain to the Canadian government in an effort to get Pope deported.  Seems Pope -during his formative years - was an American .  [ ok - that one i just put in for fun-lets face it, no country has a monopoly on crazies]

SkyMan
as much as you might like to . I have certainly had such feelings.
I think this is Alan's point in a nutshell.
  • Like 1
InternetTough

He shot a mother in the head! 

I believe that is the 2nd time you said that, and it makes no sense to me.  Shooting someone is shooting someone, and whether or not they are a mother or a father, or a woman w/o children or a man w/o children is irrelevant 

Maybe she was a terrible mother who only cared about her career and her children were actually raised by a string of yayas  and the children wont even know she is gone - maybe the children are grown up -[ which is probably the case since she was in her 40s in which case her kids are most likely in their 20s] 

I said it the second time because he (Alan S) wrote "At least he did something." I was trying to wake him up. Maybe it is just me, but the notion of sneaking up on a mother and shooting her in the head precludes my having sympathy for someone. It is weird having to explain this. On one of the links there is a picture of her with her family. Even if her kids are now in their 20s, I am sure that they are very traumatized, as would be her husband.

Your muttering, "Maybe she was a bad mother..." is weird. 

And I, both times, mentioned the two men he murdered, too, and did not seek to make light of their murders.

Edited by InternetTough
InternetTough

as much as you might like to . I have certainly had such feelings.

I think this is Alan's point in a nutshell.

Feelings plus two dollars equals one cup of coffee. The guy went on a murder spree. No amount of psychobabble can diminish his guilt.

A_Simple_Man
The guy went on a murder spree. No amount of psychobabble can diminish his guilt.

You quote a comment on Alan's post and then talk about the guy on a murder spree?

About your comment, diminished capacity DOES diminish guilt to a jury of his peers, good thing you are not one of his peers.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Your muttering, "Maybe she was a bad mother..." is weird. 

You know that I only said that because you were making a big thing out of her having born children at some point in her life. I have no problem about what you say on this whole subject -except your making it sound like motherhood is next to Sainthood   lol 

btw I dont mutter- I state my views quite clearly I believe .  

Edited by Davaoeno
InternetTough

The guy went on a murder spree. No amount of psychobabble can diminish his guilt.

You quote a comment on Alan's post and then talk about the guy on a murder spree?

About your comment, diminished capacity DOES diminish guilt to a jury of his peers, good thing you are not one of his peers.

Most murderers are angry. Let's see---"Anger is a form of temporary insanity"---acquit!  Face it---it is  VERY easy to judge this guy fully guilty of his actions. 

Alan's post, which also praised the notion of shooting Filipino (presumably) politicians (this forum is getting loopy---it should not have allowed that to be said) got mealy-mouthed about the murderer's culpability.

Edited by InternetTough
Davaoeno

There used to be the defence of " irresistible impulse"   ie I just couldnt stop myself  !!

They have done away with that now as  a defence 

• Like 1