Foreigner shoots Cebu fiscal inside Palace of Justice

musingloudly

InternetTough

The dead Canadian seems to have been capable of enough malice to have been capable of "malicious mischief".

He shot a mother in the neck (after killing two other people) . She had her back turned to him when he shot her in the nape of the neck with his .357. Then he killed himself.

He was another murder/suicide---a type that makes for the saddest news all over the world.

I wonder what kind of punishment he was facing for what he was charged with? 

He seems to have been a very...ASSertive guy to many people for a long time before he went completely crazy. News reporters said that he demanded a story favorable to himself to be aired, and neighbors said that he was seen with his (illegal) gun outside his condo on other days than this.  

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/390805/end-of-justice

According to the above story, he even filed a complaint against a prosecutor for charging him a 200 peso notarization fee. Pope lived in a 13 million peso condo, according to one story.

Edited by InternetTough
  • Like 1
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• InternetTough

• smokey

• JamesMusslewhite

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well as a forum member and not as a moderator i must tell you that this comment is a flagrant  piece of garbage  and totally unworthy of being posted -.   Posting that people deserve to be murdered

I would love to see a complete chronology of the events that led up to this murder/suicide. This didn't start when he walked through "security" and into the Palace of Justice with two guns. It sounds

No one has said that you are not allowed a point of view Alan. They have just said that in this case your point of view stinks.   And also  that it is unusual for you  to say such a nonsensical kind o

Posted Images

smokey

People go crazy when faced with such corruption and racism. They drove the man insane with their dishonesty, what a crazy country this is.

you mean some treat you like an outsider,,, a low class person ? a Ni??er ???  yes indeed

• Like 1
smokey

The fact that he takes the weapon into a courtroom is for me evidence that this was planned. The incident also proves for me that the accusations against him were justified, at least one must see the event as proof of his threatening and crazy behavior.

I agree with your first conclusion.  However I totally disagree with your second .  I tend to go the most crazy when i am accused of something that I did NOT do !! 

He actually admitted that he has illegal weapon for self-defense! This case is not entirely new to me.

I have no understanding or compassion for this man!

He was a ticking time bomb, I'm afraid this case may have consequences for us foreigners in this country.

But I do not think we really disagree.

foreigner = outsider     foreigner = dont belong     foreigner = allowed to stay as long as i say so       foreigner = get your ass to the back of the bus

• Like 3
USMC-Retired

I wish they would stop saying hall of justice. Sad day for all involved.  

SuperFriendsWPwidecopy.jpg

Many people complain about the corruption, which is harming the country.

They also complain about the justice system, which is not only slow and unfair, frequently based upon who one knows or "considerations", and is failry obviously biased against foreigners.

None of these problems are, or will be, tackled by the powers that be, as they are the ones who benefit.

In any case, foreigners can make no difference, as they have no say in the country. 

There have been many posts on this very board complaining about the inability of foreigners to change anything.

And yet, in this case, a foeigner did something that might change things.

He actually took action against those who he saw as corrupt.

You may not agree with my point of view,  but please permit me to have an opinion, even it it doesnt agree with yours.

You may not like his actions, but at least he did something,

• Like 4
Davaoeno

How do you think the doctor felt living next to that? The man seems to not know how to behave in civilized society

The point has been made that it  just might have been the arrogant and possibly corrupt actions of the doctor that was the unacceptable  behavior in a civilized society and which led to the Candian becoming a ticking time bomb and eventually losing it totally.   Of course we dont know [ and i dont want to bad mouth a doctor who was actually an innocent party- which from the sketchy details provided seems unlikely ] , But many of us here do know that many times here  the rich think themselves above the law and cause a lot of aggravation to others- foreigners included   [ which is what Alan was referring to ]  Typically filipinos do not fight back against such people and just submit, and the powerful are very offended when someone -especially a foreigner- expects to be treated fairly . 

And the reason that Alan has not been - and will not be censored  is because we all here have the right to express our opinions on certain subjects - as long as we dont attack other members personally - which Alan certainly has not done . Alan has his opinions which altho unpopular I will certainly vigorously defend his right to hold .   

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 7
littlePP

Seems rather ignorant that they are not checking a foreigner charged with gun possession - for guns, at a place where he is going to answer for his gun possession. :snap:

Oh, the irony - and stupidity.

BTW, guy snapped - happens.

USCebuana

How do you think the doctor felt living next to that? The man seems to not know how to behave in civilized society

The point has been made that it  just might have been the arrogant and possibly corrupt actions of the doctor that was the unacceptable  behavior in a civilized society and which led to the Candian becoming a ticking time bomb and eventually losing it totally.   Of course we dont know [ and i dont want to bad mouth a doctor who was actually an innocent party- which from the sketchy details provided seems unlikely ] , But many of us here do know that many times here  the rich think themselves above the law and cause a lot of aggravation to others- foreigners included   [ which is what Alan was referring to ]  Typically filipinos do not fight back against such people and just submit, and the powerful are very offended when someone -especially a foreigner- expects to be treated fairly . 

And the reason that Alan has not been - and will not be censored  is because we all here have the right to express our opinions on certain subjects - as long as we dont attack other members personally - which Alan certainly has not done . Alan has his opinions which altho unpopular I will certainly vigorously defend his right to hold .   

The doctor went through the court system to settle their differences, seems civilized to me. He did not go shoot people because things did not go his way. If you are paranoid enough to think that everybody is against you and feel like shooting people, either you go see a shrink or move where you feel safe. But then if you are paranoid, you won't feel safe anywhere.

• Like 2
JasonEcos

With this specific case I do not know the details, so I'm not going to comment on it directly. but...

Lets face it guys, the world is just better off without some people walking the face of it. I think the majority of us would kill someone if provoked far enough...so it just becomes a matter of who has a higher threshhold of abuse before snapping.

Would you bump off Hitler?

Jack The Ripper?

How about someone intending to physically torture you?

How about a man that raped your underage daughter?

What about someone that intentionally burnt your house down for amusement?

Tortured your pets to death?

How about someone that created court case after court case against you to drain all your life savings and attempt to ruin your life?

I think most of us have a breaking point, even if we do not want to admit to it. What people seem to do is look down upon those with a lower breaking point. Someone might kill to save their own life, but then look down on someone that kills in cold blood. Well if someone were to rape my daughter, I'd be sorely pressed not to kill them in cold blood.

Were the killings justified in this case? I Haven't the foggiest notion because I have no idea what was going on. Maybe extreme corruption pushed him to the breaking point, maybe he was just a royal jerk....I've no idea.  All I know is that its a shame when it comes to this and I feel bad for the families involved.

• Like 7

This thread is a classic. You have guys saying a murderer is a nice bloke. You have others saying the lawyers should be shot. I am glad one less crazy is living here. Just a few more to go

• Like 2
David Kennedy

Did you catch the news where they show the Canadian lying on the stairs with a bullet wound to the temple taking his last breaths?

Edited by David Kennedy
InternetTough

You may not like his actions, but at least he did something,

He shot a mother in the head! 

She is fighting for her life right now!

(Yes, the other two didn't deserve to be shot, either.)

The man was obviously just another murdering psycho.

I wouldn't defend him even if he were my father.

Edited by InternetTough
  • Like 2