Foreigner shoots Cebu fiscal inside Palace of Justice

musingloudly

However, it was only two lawyers, and Philippine lawyers at that. So, they probably deserved it, and it will be two less to cause trouble for others.

Just pray that none of your relatives  become lawyers

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• InternetTough

• smokey

• JamesMusslewhite

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well as a forum member and not as a moderator i must tell you that this comment is a flagrant  piece of garbage  and totally unworthy of being posted -.   Posting that people deserve to be murdered

I would love to see a complete chronology of the events that led up to this murder/suicide. This didn't start when he walked through "security" and into the Palace of Justice with two guns. It sounds

No one has said that you are not allowed a point of view Alan. They have just said that in this case your point of view stinks.   And also  that it is unusual for you  to say such a nonsensical kind o

Posted Images

Danishman

((I write this as a forum member and not as a moderator.))

OK, so the guy shot a couple of lawyers.

Perhaps he had good reason, and perhaps not.

However, it was only two lawyers, and Philippine lawyers at that.

So, they probably deserved it, and it will be two less to cause trouble for others.

(It would have been far better had he shot some politicians, about the only breed worse than lawyers.) 

I would not want to be blamed for believing that common sense is one of your core competencies.

• Like 2

From what ive read on fb from people who know Dr.Rene Rafols, one of the best pedriatic surgeons here in cebu, they don't express any anger toward the canadian/foreigner....its more directed at lack of security....we here r making the excuses n assumptions about Paul.....fact is he lost it n killed n tonite the families mourn....i really dont give a damn how far this guy was pushed.....it happens all over the world n its just not here in ph..

I heard about it on a jeepney today, then saw on bbc news http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21137138

ASN said the guards knew him and since he was a foreigner, "they saw no need to check his bag".  They also

said the hall of Justice doesn't have a metal detector...funny that the malls have them, but the gov doesn't, go figure..

not even a hand held? 

So, they probably deserved it, and it will be two less to cause trouble for others.

(It would have been far better had he shot some politicians, about the only breed worse than lawyers.) 

This response is possibly the worst thing I've read here on the forum!

I have many good friends who are both lawyers and politicians here in the Philippines.

My daughter is planning a career as a lawyer and possibly also political.

I do not think that it's okay that you kill my friends and or my family!

Shame on you!

• Like 6
SkyMan

However, it was only two lawyers, and Philippine lawyers at that. So, they probably deserved it, and it will be two less to cause trouble for others.

Just pray that none of your relatives  become lawyers

I do.  Believe me, I do.

• Like 3

Well as a forum member and not as a moderator i must tell you that this comment is a flagrant  piece of garbage  and totally unworthy of being posted -.

Posting that people deserve to be murdered because of their profession is truly  an ignorant thing to say !!

An ignorant and stupid post  

Fortunately for you Alan I am avoiding attacking you personally and only attacking your post - [ as much as I would like to tell you what I think about you for this post !].   

I can,t actually quite believe he made that comment and this is one of our moderators WTF well below the belt and should be ashamed of himself.

• Like 6

I can,t actually quite believe he made that comment and this is one of our moderators WTF well below the belt and should be ashamed of himself.

I'm curious how its ok for someone to say something so hateful, had he instead said "as a forum member and not a moderator it was only two blacks so they probably deserved it" would it be tolerated?

Edited by Dolsos
  • Like 2
Mattnlenny

((I write this as an ignorant, racist member and not as a moderator.))

• Like 3
CebuKano

You can make all the jokes you want about lawyers and politicians

But what happened here is no joke

of course the comment wasnt a put down of just lawyers- it was saying that they should be killed because they were " Philippine lawyers" So why do filipinos deserve to be killed more than other people Alan ???
I have to agree with Ian on this. What happened is an abomination no matter what courtroom in whatever country that it happened in.

To be totally honest I was enjoying a nice luch today when I checked the news on my phone and read the story....... I am ashamed (now) that I actually told my wife; "Well, at least it wasn't an American"( strictly because I'm a "kano"). The point is that the gravity of what happened hadn't sunk into my thick skull at that moment.... After I had time to consider the hard reality, I felt some sense of shame for actually saying what I did regarding this tradgedy.

My point is, sometimes we all say things that we might end up not being so proud that we did say them.... after we have time to reconsider the circumstances.

So maybe we should all cut Alan a little slack?

Just my opinion.

Edited by Motörhead
  • Like 2
shadow

of course the comment wasnt a put down of just lawyers- it was saying that they should be killed because they were " Philippine lawyers" So why do filipinos deserve to be killed more than other people Alan ???
&nb

sp;

lockquote>
I have to agree with Ian on this. What happened is an abomination no matter what courtroom in whatever country that it happened in.

To be totally honest I was enjoying a nice luch today when I checked the news on my phone and read the story....... I am ashamed (now) that I actually told my wife; "Well, at least it wasn't an American"( strictly because I'm a "kano"). The point is that the gravity of what happened hadn't sunk into my thick skull at that moment.... After I had time to consider the hard reality, I felt some sense of shame for actually saying what I did regarding this tradgedy.

My point is, sometimes we all say things that we might end up not being so proud that we did say them.... after we have time to reconsider the circumstances.

Just my opinion.

Would the "moderator" Alan cut you slack in a reversed similar situation?

This thread has gone way off course and is unproductive at this point.

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Senseless act of violence that can not be excused.

In addition to FBI clearances we may have to undergo psych evaluations to obtain our 13As.

Maybe no more express lane for the pat down line at SM / Ayala for white skin for a while.

This man has killed and injured people!
The fact that he takes the weapon into a courtroom is for me evidence that this was planned.
The incident also proves for me that the accusations against him were justified, at least one must see the event as proof of his threatening and crazy behavior. I deeply regret that he was able to get bail.
My thoughts go out to his victim and their family!

CebuKano

lockquote>

Just my opinion.

Would the "moderator" Alan cut you slack in a reversed similar situation?

This thread has gone way off course and is unproductive at this point.

Well, maybe. Maybe not. That's not my point.

I'm simply stating that sometimes people make poor judgement calls amd post things that maybe later they wished they had not.

And I see that you are using Alan's "standard" line about the thread but really... does it mean so much to us to try to destroy his integrity? It just seems tit for tat to me.

I say we should at least have the decency to see what Alan has for a response. Nothing more. We all make mistakes.

• Like 1
MattFromGA

I often wonder how many jokes have been made about how evil and corrupt lawyers are?  I cant count how many times forum members have argued about how corrupt the Philippine justice system is.  How many threads about how people get away with murder because they can pay off their case.  What happened to the 50 people gunned down in Mindanao while the guy was going to register for Gov or Mayor?  No justice, right?  Never will be, right?

Murder of the Doctor and others not involved with the case is bad news. 

I don't know the details of this case to know if the Canadian was problematic and how bad of a guy he is.  I'm just saying that people aren't totally joking when they say things like "line up all the lawyers and ...".  Is there not a reason for why I don't hear that for fireman or school teachers?  Lawyers, politicians and judges have a reputation for being corrupted over time.  This may be related to "power corrupts", especially in a country like the Philippines.

Perhaps Alan was generalizing the idea like that.

One thing I've know even before this case is that you have to be careful about what you say and do to other people.  Laws don't matter when someone puts a bullet in your head.  There are people in the USA that would kill you in 10 seconds for doing what the Doc did to the Canadian.  As wrong as that is, if you don't want a bullet in your head, its probably best not to be a hot head with everyone you meet.  The Doc paid a big price for pushing hard and might have been better served approaching the situation differently.

There are some lessons to be learned from situations like this and the most important ones are not about installing more metal detectors.

• Like 5