Foreigner shoots Cebu fiscal inside Palace of Justice

musingloudly

ellenbrook2001

Cebu Daily News today 2013 jan 24

And editorial

http://www.cdn.ph/i_editorial.php

This is what I was afraid of.... There are a hell of a lot expats in the Philippines keeping their noses clean and helping the local economy but it only takes one idiot with a gun to feed the local xenophobes .....and now they are linking this up with the mad frogs online scribbles.... Any foreigner with a gun here...please ram it up your own arse and pull the trigger.

I "Thanked" you for the first part of your post, but I also would like to slap you for that second part. I have a legally obtained firearm in my home here, and it it is a necessity and was sanctioned by the local PNP Chief so I can protect my family and myself from the mess ensnaring us in mixed-up personal affairs of another Canadian citizen who had obvious mental issues. These two Canadians were allowed passports and were allowed to go to another country were they commit crimes that did others harm. The Canadian government is to blame.  Countries should screen their applicants when applying for Passports and refuse those with questionable backgrounds. It is funny how often when such events occur that those around them make statements like "there was something very odd", "they had obvious behavioral problems", or "you could see it coming". The problem is the lack of social and personal responsibility for one's actions and the laziness of the bureaucracy. The truth is most violent crimes are avoidable but ineptitude of those around them prevail and not a collective common sense.

I love the "IF THERE WOULD BE NO GUNS ALL WILL BE PEACEFUL AND SAFE, AND ALL WILL BE ROSEY" convoluted thinking by narrow-minded doorknobs. There are more people attached and killed by bats, sticks, and knives than by firearms. Most countries that have abolished firearm ownership to their citizens still have regular murders and excessively high crime rates. So all those with trees and knives should stick them up their arses too?

This twisted man possessed illegally obtained firearms, as do the criminals in your own home country does, so they can prey on the good citizens who now only have bats, sticks, and knives to protect themselves. I think these anti-gun activists who use every opportunity to express their narrow-minded self-serving dribble should take their keyboards and stick them up their arses were they will actually do some good.   :biggrin_01:  

Gun control could never work in the PI and probably USA but it has worked in some countries

In 1996, 35 people were killed in the worst gun massacre in Australian history. But the next decade saw the firearm homicide rate fall by 59 per cent, and the firearm suicide rate fall by 65 per cent, without a corresponding rise in non-firearm deaths.

Australia’s response to the 1996 massacre was comprehensive. Admittedly, policies such as its government gun "buyback" policy could not conceivably be passed in the US.

yes that correct  since then less murder ,i am shock here the AQUINO hes against it? if all the country have zero tolerance on gun a am sure the death rate will drop a lot especially school children

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• InternetTough

• smokey

• JamesMusslewhite

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well as a forum member and not as a moderator i must tell you that this comment is a flagrant  piece of garbage  and totally unworthy of being posted -.   Posting that people deserve to be murdered

I would love to see a complete chronology of the events that led up to this murder/suicide. This didn't start when he walked through "security" and into the Palace of Justice with two guns. It sounds

No one has said that you are not allowed a point of view Alan. They have just said that in this case your point of view stinks.   And also  that it is unusual for you  to say such a nonsensical kind o

Posted Images

JamesMusslewhite

People ask me where I am from all the time, I tell them, Canada. No one thinks anything about it? what did you expect? They would run away in fear?

No, because most Filipinos think it is close to California or Florida....  just like Germany is,,,,

• Like 1

The thing is Australia has a popultion about 23 million as i understand, n no idea what it was when the Port Arthur massacre took place, our crims target each other n not the public in general except a few isolated cases like Julian Knight n his random target shootings in melb, our ethnic gangs fight mainly among themselves over century old prejudices....America is a totally different society with black americans, hispanics n other groups that have a huge chip on their shoulders n the populace r caught up in the crossfire....guns are the only way the people there feel the need to level the playing field...

Edited by ozboy
  • Like 1

One is a female pinoy/foreigner . 

What is a "female pinoy/foreigner" when they are at home ?

I thought female was pinay

And is she either a pinay, or a foreigner ?

King doorknob

2lsv0cl.jpg

Looks very suitable for a gay Korean ....

smokey

it dont matter one bit where he ate his breakfast as a child or where he drank beer as an adult ... people are people just like not all locals are stable same goes for all races and all countries ,

• Like 2

At least now people are arguing about who has to claim him. "He's yours!" "No, he's yours!"

I don't care what passport he held. What he did was wrong. He chose the easy way out, too, after the fact. That is the bottom line concerning this thread, for me.

The thought that he was a man who ran away from his country, makes him a coward in my book. I have no respect for anyone who does that. In fact, anyone who ran to Canada back then (or who may run to another country today), should have been shot for doing so.

On or about my 18th birthday, I did what every adult male American citizen was obligated to do at that time, and which still applies today. I went to my nearest US Post Office and signed up for Selective Service. Young American males have a duty, an obligation to protect our nation. That is the price you pay for freedom. Those who enlisted and served, and those who died before us had no problem serving. So, it is good enough for every generation since.

you ran away from the philippines to cambodia you will be shot at noon  :biggrin_01:

shadow

At least now people are arguing about who has to claim him. "He's yours!" "No, he's yours!"

I don't care what passport he held. What he did was wrong. He chose the easy way out, too, after the fact. That is the bottom line concerning this thread, for me.

The thought that he was a man who ran away from his country, makes him a coward in my book. I have no respect for anyone who does that. In fact, anyone who ran to Canada back then (or who may run to another country today), should have been shot for doing so.

On or about my 18th birthday, I did what every adult male American citizen was obligated to do at that time, and which still applies today. I went to my nearest US Post Office and signed up for Selective Service. Young American males have a duty, an obligation to protect our nation. That is the price you pay for freedom. Those who enlisted and served, and those who died before us had no problem serving. So, it is good enough for every generation since.

you ran away from the philippines to cambodia you will be shot at noon  :biggrin_01:

He's probably half shot now!

• Like 2
littlejohn

Cebu Daily News today 2013 jan 24

And editorial

http://www.cdn.ph/i_editorial.php

This is what I was afraid of.... There are a hell of a lot expats in the Philippines keeping their noses clean and helping the local economy but it only takes one idiot with a gun to feed the local xenophobes .....and now they are linking this up with the mad frogs online scribbles.... Any foreigner with a gun here...please ram it up your own arse and pull the trigger.

I "Thanked" you for the first part of your post, but I also would like to slap you for that second part. I have a legally obtained firearm in my home here, and it it is a necessity and was sanctioned by the local PNP Chief so I can protect my family and myself from the mess ensnaring us in mixed-up personal affairs of another Canadian citizen who had obvious mental issues. These two Canadians were allowed passports and were allowed to go to another country were they commit crimes that did others harm. The Canadian government is to blame.  Countries should screen their applicants when applying for Passports and refuse those with questionable backgrounds. It is funny how often when such events occur that those around them make statements like "there was something very odd", "they had obvious behavioral problems", or "you could see it coming". The problem is the lack of social and personal responsibility for one's actions and the laziness of the bureaucracy. The truth is most violent crimes are avoidable but ineptitude of those around them prevail and not a collective common sense.

I love the "IF THERE WOULD BE NO GUNS ALL WILL BE PEACEFUL AND SAFE, AND ALL WILL BE ROSEY" convoluted thinking by narrow-minded doorknobs. There are more people attached and killed by bats, sticks, and knives than by firearms. Most countries that have abolished firearm ownership to their citizens still have regular murders and excessively high crime rates. So all those with trees and knives should stick them up their arses too?

This twisted man possessed illegally obtained firearms, as do the criminals in your own home country does, so they can prey on the good citizens who now only have bats, sticks, and knives to protect themselves. I think these anti-gun activists who use every opportunity to express their narrow-minded self-serving dribble should take their keyboards and stick them up their arses were they will actually do some good.   :biggrin_01:  

Gun control could never work in the PI and probably USA but it has worked in some countries

In 1996, 35 people were killed in the worst gun massacre in Australian history. But the next decade saw the firearm homicide rate fall by 59 per cent, and the firearm suicide rate fall by 65 per cent, without a corresponding rise in non-firearm deaths.

Australia’s response to the 1996 massacre was comprehensive. Admittedly, policies such as its government gun "buyback" policy could not conceivably be passed in the US.

yes that correct  since then less murder ,i am shock here the AQUINO hes against it? if all the country have zero tolerance on gun a am sure the death rate will drop a lot especially school children

Thought we weren't supposed to make this a gun debate but I cant let obvious untruths pass.

From my resources this is a blatant lie. Where did you get those statistics? These are since the gun ban not since the massacre.

http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=17847

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges

that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of

gun-involved crime:

• In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
  • Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
  • Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:

• Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
  • During

the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in

Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.

• Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
  • Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.
  • At

the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped

19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped

32.2 percent.

• Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.

TV news on You Tube

Since the gun ban

Armed robberies up 69%

Assaults with guns up 28%

Gun murders up       19%

Home invasions up   21%

• Like 4
Davaoeno

Now will you be so quick to point out that you are not an American but a Canadian to the local citizenry

actually his profile states that quite clearly ! 

For the record, I have 5 Canadian friends - oh, sorry, now 3.

make that 2 peckerhead !!!   :yahoo:

• Like 1
Davaoeno

So you are telling us that a filipina who marries a foreigner, lives with him in his country, and takes up the citizenship of his country is no longer pinay ??      Could you please quote a source for this contention . 

Looks very suitable for a gay Korean ....

I thought of giving you a "like" but since no one else has ever seen anything you posted as worthy of one i decided not to buck the general consensus ! 

• Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

So you are telling us that a filipina who marries a foreigner, lives with him in his country, and takes up the citizenship of his country is no longer pinay ??      Could you please quote a source for this contention . 

>Looks very suitable for a gay Korean ....

I thought of giving you a "like" but since no one else has ever seen anything you posted as worthy of one i decided not to buck the general consensus ! 

And people say your not fair and balanced.......

• Like 2
Headshot

And people say your not fair and balanced.......

He may be fair, but we know he's not balanced...  :cool:

• Like 6

So you are telling us that a filipina who marries a foreigner, lives with him in his country, and takes up the citizenship of his country is no longer pinay ?? 

I thought that after acquiring foreign citizenship they then have to reacquire their Filipino nationality before technically being a Pinay ??? 

Davaoeno
Welcome to PINOY HOMECOMING!    [ from the Phil government !!]

PinoyHomecoming.jpg

You and your family members are recipients of a wonderful spread - all provided by the Pinoy Homecoming Program and its partner merchants from the tourism Industry.  Some of the perks that you are entitled to as part of this program are:

• Special Incentives
  • Privileges
  • Bonus Programs
  • Freebies
  • Discounts

To avail of these advantages, one must be a full pledged Balikbayan as categorized under Republic Act 6768-The Balibayan Law as amended by R.A. 9174, to wit:

1. A Filipino citizen who has been continuously out of the Philippines for a period of at least one (1) year   from the date of the last departure;
  2. A Filipino overseas worker; or
  3. A former Filipino citizen with a foreign passport and members of his/her family. The term "family" shall mean the spouse and the children of the balikbayan (who are not Balikbayans in their own right) who are traveling to the Philippines with the Balikbayan.

Browse through our site to make the most of what the Pinoy Homecoming program has to offer!

• Like 1

So you are telling us that a filipina who marries a foreigner, lives with him in his country, and takes up the citizenship of his country is no longer pinay ??  

I would regard her as always pinay (not pinoy incidentally) for the rest of her life. But is she a foreigher too ?