Foreigner shoots Cebu fiscal inside Palace of Justice

musingloudly

JamesMusslewhite

Now if the Philippines had been given fare notice of the visa applicant having instability issues, violent behavior history, or criminal history

If that were the requirement I think a whole lot of people - including  Americans- presently living or vacationing in the Philippines who  would never have been admitted . 

I could not agree with you more... But could one really consider that a bad thing?

• Like 1
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• InternetTough

• smokey

• JamesMusslewhite

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well as a forum member and not as a moderator i must tell you that this comment is a flagrant  piece of garbage  and totally unworthy of being posted -.   Posting that people deserve to be murdered

I would love to see a complete chronology of the events that led up to this murder/suicide. This didn't start when he walked through "security" and into the Palace of Justice with two guns. It sounds

No one has said that you are not allowed a point of view Alan. They have just said that in this case your point of view stinks.   And also  that it is unusual for you  to say such a nonsensical kind o

Posted Images

Now if the Philippines had been given fare notice of the visa applicant having instability issues, violent behavior history, or criminal history

If that were the requirement I think a whole lot of people - including  Americans- presently living or vacationing in the Philippines who  would never have been admitted . 

I could not agree with you more... But could one really consider that a bad thing?

[/quote would the RP have refused them entry or would they have appreciated the amount of money to be made from such at the expence of the general populace? I hope they would have kicked them to hell and gone. After all, they could vacation in Cuba.

Davaoeno

Does it really matter where he was from?

Yes it does. He was a Canadian as he had a Canadian Passport and was a Canadian citizen. Now Canadians can also feel what demonization feels like. Those who have protested so loudly that they resent being called Kano's because that is slang for Americans can now have their thin skins pricked by the press and the politicians. 

I have been accused on occasion as being anti-American, and i was thinking about that this am.  There are 4 people on Linc that I consider to be friends- 2 of whom I visit on occasion.  One is a female pinoy/foreigner, and the other 3 are all Americans.    Just because Americans can set themselves up on more occasions than other nationalities  to be ridiculed a bit for something - which I delight in doing - does not mean that I do not like Americans.  Its just that they make such easy targets !!   And its all in good fun.  Why- I even occasionally communicate with James !!  And that's really saying something . 

InternetTough

he was an American masquerading as a Canadia..

if you able to read. and read correctly,,

he was no longer an american, as he DENOUCED HIS US citizenship, he was a canadian passprt holder and such he is a CITIZEN of canada.

At least now people are arguing about who has to claim him. "He's yours!" "No, he's yours!" 

• Like 2

If that were the requirement I think a whole lot of Americans presently living or vacationing in the Philippines would never have been admitted . 

Don't be stingy, that truism would also apply to a lot of Germans, French, Aussies, Brits and now even a Canadian (oops, forgot, he was an American masquerading as a Canadian)

haha  my edit beat your post !!!     

But, it didn't beat my email notifications for this topic:

"If that were the requirement I think a whole lot of Americans presently living or vacationing in the Philippines would never have been admitted."

Members, be very careful as to what you post in a topic I am watching. It could come back to bite you on the ass.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

At least now people are arguing about who has to claim him. "He's yours!" "No, he's yours!"

I don't care what passport he held. What he did was wrong. He chose the easy way out, too, after the fact. That is the bottom line concerning this thread, for me.

The thought that he was a man who ran away from his country, makes him a coward in my book. I have no respect for anyone who does that. In fact, anyone who ran to Canada back then (or who may run to another country today), should have been shot for doing so.

On or about my 18th birthday, I did what every adult male American citizen was obligated to do at that time, and which still applies today. I went to my nearest US Post Office and signed up for Selective Service. Young American males have a duty, an obligation to protect our nation. That is the price you pay for freedom. Those who enlisted and served, and those who died before us had no problem serving. So, it is good enough for every generation since.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2
smokey

why stop with mental also keep the broke people out come on if you cant make it in your own country why allow you into someone else s... no mental ... no broke types... 

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man

he was an American masquerading as a Canadia..

if you able to read. and read correctly,,

he was no longer an american, as he DENOUCED HIS US citizenship, he was a canadian passprt holder and such he is a CITIZEN of canada.

Don't be a doorknob.  By your logic he has renounced Canada by living here 15 years so I guess that make filipino.

• Like 2

Does it really matter where he was from?

Yes it does. He was a Canadian as he had a Canadian Passport and was a Canadian citizen. Now Canadians can also feel what demonization feels like. Those who have protested so loudly that they resent being called Kano's because that is slang for Americans can now have their thin skins pricked by the press and the politicians. 

You are truely messed up then. What a way to think.

InternetTough

I don't care what passport he held. What he did was wrong. He chose the easy way out, too, after the fact. That is the bottom line concerning this thread, for me.

The thought that he was a man who ran away from his country, makes him a coward in my book. I have no respect for anyone who does that. In fact, anyone who ran to Canada back then (or who may run to another country today), should have been shot for doing so.

On or about my 18th birthday, I did what every adult male American citizen was obligated to do at that time, and which still applies today. I went to my nearest US Post Office and signed up for Selective Service. Young American males have a duty, an obligation to protect our nation. That is the price you pay for freedom. Those who enlisted and served, and those who died before us had no problem serving. So, it is good enough for every generation since.

Hey, I registered for the draft, too---it isn't just young American males---it is required of all legal residents. In the late 1970s there was maybe a slightly greater chance of a snowball's chance in hell of the draft getting re-instated, however.

CardiacKid

You are truely messed up then. What a way to think.

Exactly what is wrong with the way that I think? Now will you be so quick to point out that you are not an American but a Canadian to the local citizenry?

People ask me where I am from all the time, I tell them, Canada. No one thinks anything about it? what did you expect? They would run away in fear?

• Like 1

what did you expect? They would run away in fear?

I would expect them to ask what part of the US that Canada was in.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2
littlePP

People ask me where I am from all the time, I tell them, Canada. No one thinks anything about it? what did you expect? They would run away in fear?

I would not not run away, but I would walk quickly.

I find this thread becoming quite amusing - where he is from. Does it really matter? Every country, race and religion provides it's share of mentally unstable humans.

The only issue with Canada is - they accepted unstable American deserters with open arms at this time, thus can be at blame for nurturing his cowardice and eventual Dudley Do Wrong mental meltdown. If Canada had any common sense, they would of sent the deserters back to face the music, where the coward could of rot in prison, or hopefully, be shot at dawn without the ability for a last smoke.

You can say, Canada "caused" the deaths with it's liberal coddling policies, as this loon should of been stopped 40 years ago.

For the record, I have 5 Canadian friends - oh, sorry, now 3. :cold:

• Like 1

what did you expect? They would run away in fear?

I would expect them to ask what part of the US that Canada was in.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, I have been asked that too haha

• Like 2