Foreigner shoots Cebu fiscal inside Palace of Justice

musingloudly

Cebu Daily News today 2013 jan 24

And editorial

http://www.cdn.ph/i_editorial.php

This is what I was afraid of.... There are a hell of a lot expats in the Philippines keeping their noses clean and helping the local economy but it only takes one idiot with a gun to feed the local xenophobes .....and now they are linking this up with the mad frogs online scribbles.... Any foreigner with a gun here...please ram it up your own arse and pull the trigger.

I "Thanked" you for the first part of your post, but I also would like to slap you for that second part. I have a legally obtained firearm in my home here, and it it is a necessity and was sanctioned by the local PNP Chief so I can protect my family and myself from the mess ensnaring us in mixed-up personal affairs of another Canadian citizen who had obvious mental issues. These two Canadians were allowed passports and were allowed to go to another country were they commit crimes that did others harm. The Canadian government is to blame.  Countries should screen their applicants when applying for Passports and refuse those with questionable backgrounds. It is funny how often when such events occur that those around them make statements like "there was something very odd", "they had obvious behavioral problems", or "you could see it coming". The problem is the lack of social and personal responsibility for one's actions and the laziness of the bureaucracy. The truth is most violent crimes are avoidable but ineptitude of those around them prevail and not a collective common sense.

I love the "IF THERE WOULD BE NO GUNS ALL WILL BE PEACEFUL AND SAFE, AND ALL WILL BE ROSEY" convoluted thinking by narrow-minded doorknobs. There are more people attached and killed by bats, sticks, and knives than by firearms. Most countries that have abolished firearm ownership to their citizens still have regular murders and excessively high crime rates. So all those with trees and knives should stick them up their arses too?

This twisted man possessed illegally obtained firearms, as do the criminals in your own home country does, so they can prey on the good citizens who now only have bats, sticks, and knives to protect themselves. I think these anti-gun activists who use every opportunity to express their narrow-minded self-serving dribble should take their keyboards and stick them up their arses were they will actually do some good.   :biggrin_01:  

Gun control could never work in the PI and probably USA but it has worked in some countries

In 1996, 35 people were killed in the worst gun massacre in Australian history. But the next decade saw the firearm homicide rate fall by 59 per cent, and the firearm suicide rate fall by 65 per cent, without a corresponding rise in non-firearm deaths.

Australia’s response to the 1996 massacre was comprehensive. Admittedly, policies such as its government gun "buyback" policy could not conceivably be passed in the US.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• InternetTough

• smokey

• JamesMusslewhite

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well as a forum member and not as a moderator i must tell you that this comment is a flagrant  piece of garbage  and totally unworthy of being posted -.   Posting that people deserve to be murdered

I would love to see a complete chronology of the events that led up to this murder/suicide. This didn't start when he walked through "security" and into the Palace of Justice with two guns. It sounds

No one has said that you are not allowed a point of view Alan. They have just said that in this case your point of view stinks.   And also  that it is unusual for you  to say such a nonsensical kind o

Posted Images

smokey

And editorial

This is what I was afraid of.... There are a hell of a lot expats in the Philippines keeping their noses clean and helping the local economy but it only takes one idiot with a gun to feed the local xenophobes .....and now they are linking this up with the mad frogs online scribbles.... Any foreigner with a gun here...please ram it up your own arse and pull the trigger.

James i thought he was talking about you ,  

Justin Kredible

Trade in the guns for katanas.

I always wanted to be a samurai.

- thats for damned sure.  They lure you here with promises of paradise, then - take your money - then abandon you.  You cant buy a house, you cant own a business, many times you cant get justice . You are constantly under the threat by anyone you upset of being deported .  They disrespect you and poke you in the eye at every possible opportunity then are surprised when the occasional wacko responds with violence.

So, does this mean you agree with Alan's post?

A lesson for any newbies coming here.....stick to a tourist visa, rent, avoid getting into business and move around and see the country.

If you find a place you like,  RENT!

Why do you good folks, who know me anyway, think I never, in all my years in the Philippines, purchased a home? I will not purchase anything I cannot own outright.

In Asia, if it floats, flies, or fecks, RENT.

Gun control could never work in the PI and probably USA but it has worked in some countries

In 1996, 35 people were killed in the worst gun massacre in Australian history. But the next decade saw the firearm homicide rate fall by 59 per cent, and the firearm suicide rate fall by 65 per cent, without a corresponding rise in non-firearm deaths.

Australia’s response to the 1996 massacre was comprehensive. Admittedly, policies such as its government gun "buyback" policy could not conceivably be passed in the US.

Gun control works pretty well in Switzerland. 

gun-control.jpg

JamesMusslewhite

And editorial

I "Thanked" you for the first part of your post, but I also would like to slap you for that second part. I have a legally obtained firearm in my home here, and it it is a necessity and was sanctioned by the local PNP Chief so I can protect my family and myself from the mess ensnaring us in mixed-up personal affairs of another Canadian citizen who had obvious mental issues. These two Canadians were allowed passports and were allowed to go to another country were they commit crimes that did others harm. The Canadian government is to blame.  Countries should screen their applicants when applying for Passports and refuse those with questionable backgrounds. It is funny how often when such events occur that those around them make statements like "there was something very odd", "they had obvious behavioral problems", or "you could see it coming". The problem is the lack of social and personal responsibility for one's actions and the laziness of the bureaucracy. The truth is most violent crimes are avoidable but ineptitude of those around them prevail and not a collective common sense.

I love the "IF THERE WOULD BE NO GUNS ALL WILL BE PEACEFUL AND SAFE, AND ALL WILL BE ROSEY" convoluted thinking by narrow-minded doorknobs. There are more people attached and killed by bats, sticks, and knives than by firearms. Most countries that have abolished firearm ownership to their citizens still have regular murders and excessively high crime rates. So all those with trees and knives should stick them up their arses too?

This twisted man possessed illegally obtained firearms, as do the criminals in your own home country does, so they can prey on the good citizens who now only have bats, sticks, and knives to protect themselves. I think these anti-gun activists who use every opportunity to express their narrow-minded self-serving dribble should take their keyboards and stick them up their arses were they will actually do some good.   :biggrin_01:  

Does those figures include all related homicide and suicide deaths or merely reflect by firearm only counts? What I am curious is if those figures represent all homicides? Was such a program actually successful if deaths by firearms decreased, while homicides by other means in fact went on the rise? The same can be said about the overall suicide rates during the time they are recording their results. I have personally known 6 people in my life who took their own lives and none were by firearm. (1 hung, 1 jumped. 3 overdosed, and 1 slit her wrists). If there was no significant drop in overall recorded homicides and suicides during that time frame, than such figures are merely social placebos and their only real worth is their value as talking points for agenda-based special interest groups. 

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 2

This keeps getting deeper and deeper, with every article posted online.

• Like 3
JamesMusslewhite

This keeps getting deeper and deeper, with every article posted online.

vlcsnap-2010-09-12-20h17m40s111.jpg

....You can only try to throw the poor lads a rope, but it is up to them to grasp it....

Davaoeno

mmmm , 2 Canadian citizens. The first one accused James of trying to kill him.  

The send one was born and raised until the age of 24 in the good old USofA - where he no doubt aquired his love for guns- and thoughts of using them . . 

You have outdone yourself with foolishness this time James.  

Edited by Davaoeno
Davaoeno

So, does this mean you agree with Alan's post?

you mean the one where he said that all lawyers and politicians - and in particular any from the Philippines- should be killed ?    I dont believe my post related to that comment in any way shape or form

JamesMusslewhite

MR POPE did what he felt he had to do to the "injustice" he suffered.

would this even be a news story to the expats if a native/local/ a philipino did this? :kissass:  

Yah, I'm quite such an event as a killing spree in a Cebu courthouse if done by a filipino would have been considered a non-newsworthy event.

It just would not be on this forum being debated by those who feel somehow his actions were justified. Question why did the Doctor have to feel he needed to take this man to court in the first place? Why did this shit-for-brains feel he had the right to be patrolling the front of the man's place of business with an illegally obtained firearm on his possession? And on what planet is that acceptable social behavior?

It is obvious that the expat got what he deserved by his actions, but the question that is unresolved is did the victims of this nut-job deserve their faiths. Either way, if you are white and plan to go to a Cebu courthouse you will now be treated differently when before you were more trusted. So we will now in effect all be victims to his selfish evil act.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Either way, if you are white and plan to go to a Cebu courthouse you will now be treated differently when before you were more trusted. So we will now in effect all be victims to his selfish evil act.

Actually I have no problem about beefed up security for all.  I dont feel the need to be treated differently just because i am a foreigner . 

JamesMusslewhite

mmmm , 2 Canadian citizens. The first one accused James of trying to kill him.  And the reason James had to arm himself is because he accused someone of conspiring to kill someone else.

The send one was born and raised until the age of 24 in the good old USofA - where he no doubt aquired his love for guns- and thoughts of using them . . 

You have outdone yourself with foolishness this time James.  

Harry was known to have suffered with 15 years of mental illness and still was allowed to leave his country. Harry was also trying to have locals here murdered and I stood up to stop this. So the Canadian citizen conspired to stage a shooting scene to frame me to have me unjustly jailed and deported. I was thoroughly investigated by the PNP as was the false crime scene. One phone call by your seem too lazy to verify that, and I have provided you the number to the head investigator of that case. But you do seem to have some twisted enjoyment repeatedly trying to throw that concocted event in my face whenever you get the chance.

The Canadian in the OP was a military deserter, who was raised just below your border, that Canada decided to keep and is where he then considered his home for over 30 years.  Both were plainly nut-jobs and had serious issues, perhaps living in Canada does this to their citizenry? I often wonder about you sanity as well chief... :biggrin_01:

• Like 3
Davaoeno

who was raised just below your border,

yup - thats where the US is !! [ actually we like to refer to it as "south" of the border, so as not to hurt the fragile egos of those Americans unlucky enough to be able to escape to Canada ]

Btw- if someone has mental problems, whether they are Canadians or Americans or otherwise, governments rarely if ever take steps to stop them leaving the country. Its up to the country that they go to to judge their suitabilty . Of course with $50,000 in hand I assume thats all the evidence of emotional stability that the Philippine govt required of Mr Pope. 

You talk about the issuing of passports James. Does the US require a psychiatrists/psychologists  certificate as evidence of mental stability before they will issue a US citizen a passport ?  

SkyMan

"doorknob" -------  "oblivious self-serving idiot"

Is that the correct definition James?  And so, if a man who has obviously been mentally disturbed for years (I mean, he was born in Minnesota and moved north, what more do you need?) snaps committing suicide and in the process kills 2 others and seriously wounding another (that's  4 families in upheaval) and another man's only concern is for how it affects his 13A process (which it hasn't yet as new changes have been made since the tragedy), would you put that 'obvious self-serving idiot' into the doorknob catagory?  Perhaps king doorknob?

• Like 3
smokey

Either way, if you are white and plan to go to a Cebu courthouse you will now be treated differently when before you were more trusted. So we will now in effect all be victims to his selfish evil act.

Actually I have no problem about beefed up security for all.  I dont feel the need to be treated differently just because i am a foreigner . 

i know who cares and some of them guards are women and man a women in uniform gives me a woodie