• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• InternetTough

• smokey

• JamesMusslewhite

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well as a forum member and not as a moderator i must tell you that this comment is a flagrant  piece of garbage  and totally unworthy of being posted -.   Posting that people deserve to be murdered

I would love to see a complete chronology of the events that led up to this murder/suicide. This didn't start when he walked through "security" and into the Palace of Justice with two guns. It sounds

No one has said that you are not allowed a point of view Alan. They have just said that in this case your point of view stinks.   And also  that it is unusual for you  to say such a nonsensical kind o

Posted Images

Police are still investigating how Pope was able to enter the premises with a gun amid the tight security.

Tight security my ass. You could walk into the Palace of Justice with a machine gun, if you wanted to. I have never, not once ever, even been checked for weapons when entering through the main entrance, certainly not via any other entrance.

• Like 1
musingloudly

I am curious how he a firearm came into play here. did the shooter bring it in... did he take it from someone... this is just scary.. There are a lot of extra policemen there ever since the Governor Gwen was suspended... 

There are a lot of extra policemen there ever since the Governor Gwen was suspended...

I wonder why that is? Do they thing Gwen Garcia is going to go on a shooting rampage there? Not hardly. Paranoia? Perhaps.

musingloudly

From what I read and understand, it has something to do with the fear that there may be a revolution to bring Gwen back to power.. guess who started that rumor mill... 

• Like 1

Pope then shot himself. He and Casiño are now in critical condition.

The reason for Pope's sudden outburst was not yet established.

He was sued for grave threat and illegal possession of firearms in various court branches.

musingloudly

A lot of detail now emerging via facebook contacts but it's hard to know which to believe.... 

Davaoeno

I dont know any of the background details, including whether or not all the charges against the Canadian were trumped up - but I can certainly relate to how he might have felt .   If you as a foreigner somehow get involved in the legal system here  do NOT expect to be treated fairly - or  necessarily even legally 

If you get to the point where you feel that absolutley everything has been taken from you and that the future is incredibly bleak - including the ability to support your family adequately - then sometimes the rage takes over.  

I would never do what this guy did - but I sure have thought about it !! lol

• Like 3

"Nalzaro reported Pope had been staying in the Philippines for 15 years, and had frequently complained about the justice system in the Philippines."

If you don't like it here, leave!

• Like 1
Davaoeno

"Nalzaro reported Pope had been staying in the Philippines for 15 years, and had frequently complained about the justice system in the Philippines."

If you don't like it here, leave!

ah yes, if only life were so simplistic 

• Like 1

Was this guy a forum member ?        Ok great,   now we (white guys living in Cebu) are not only pedophiles and kidnappers,  but also now gun toting mass murderers.  

I can sure understand the frustration with the legal system for sure. I had a former employee dismissed for theft, NLRC upheld the dismissal under the 3 identified counts of breach of criminal law and had 21 affidavits by eye witnesses  The fiscal advised that they had insufficient evidence, he advised that the affidavits by eye witnesses would not be sufficient.  I asked what did he need, he said the accused had to admit to doing it!! i said so you want a signed confession, he said yes.

I stood up smiled sweetly and said thank you for explaining why it is that the expression of fixcaled exists. His faced dropped. and dropped even further when i asked him to give my regards to his friend and batch mate attny  X representing the accused. 

No point in pursuing further, it was to be real expensive and would not cover the costs of the damages suffered.