Is this true, new requirements for 13a visa

lazydays

I never imagined you would be a cross-dresser, lazydays........  :ROFLMAO:  :tease:

Nah, it's not me, my haircut is much shorter :lol:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spooks

• JamesMusslewhite

• Monsoon

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, you soft spoken guys never get anything done.

Its amazing how naturally foreigners in the Philippines talk about getting deported - as if it were a sword constantly hanging over each and every foreigners head - ready to be used for the slightest

When u initially apply for your 13 a visa the requirement are for Home police clearance, valid for 6 months from date of issue. used for the permanent visa range including SRRV. Nothing new here. Once

Posted Images

One question regardign the authentication aspect of the marriage certificate, I had heard that an Apostille from the Secretary of State of the state where the marriage took place was needed is eqivalent to a Consulate authentication.  Is that true?  In my case the nearest consulate to my marriage location is Los Angeles and they require a notarization by one of their approved notaries in the LA area.  In my case, I do not live in the LA area (now in the PI for a year plus) and would find it tremendously difficult to get a document notarized before going to the consulate.  What is your experience on that aspect?

if you are in the Philippines and you send it to LA, they will not mail it back to the Philippines. They will mail it to any address you like in the US but not here. Now one member mentioned that the RAO in Cebu has a US postal service, but I am not sure if the Philippine conciliate in LA will mail it through that system or not. My wife went back to the US for a several months and once there she sent our Marriage Certificate to them and had it mail badk to her. You could have them mail it to the address of a friend or family member and have then then mail it to the LA office and once they receive it back have them then re-mail it to you here.

The RAO Address IS ONLY for Retired Military Members - 

Why wouldn't LA Mail something to an FPO Address?

SkyMan

but it does tech. expire in 5 years as you have to basically fill out a new form and of course there is nothing that says automatically accepted ..

No, the 13A visa has no expiration. Only the ACR Card expires every 5 years and that's any ACR card expect those that were issued without an expiration (and I think even those technically expire in 5 years and so have already expired.) I suppopse they could deny you an ACR card for wearing shorts or some other heinous act. But technically you'd still have a valid 13A visa.

The RAO Address IS ONLY for Retired Military Members - Why wouldn't LA Mail something to an FPO Address?

Correct, retired only, but that does include medical retirement I believe.  And yes, the LA office should have no problem sending to an FPO address as it's a normal US address.  The only difference would be in sending a package to an FPO address which requires a customs form.  Someone could balk at that but for regular mail, way problema.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Update...

Hi all just wanted to update you on what i found out yesterday when i went to change my visa from probabtion to permanent. It seems if you are already on 13a probation you do not need the two new requirements, you only need them when you are now first applying for your 13a probabtion. My friend who i first mentioned in the first post did have to get FBI and NBI clearance and show that he did have adequate funds in a Philippine bank account. He got the FBI clearance through the post and went to Dumaguete to get his NBI clearance which took a day to get, so he informed me. He also went to immigration yesterday had all his new papers stamped and now has his interview next week.

• Like 1

BoI is just full of shit, and I'll tell em to their face, already have ('We will black-ball you'...'Oh yeah?, feck you! Go ahead'...they could not and did not). They can do anything...for a fee.

I sure paid for a 13A visa, more than once, to the 'hoodlums-behind-desks', but never got it. I would not waste my time ever walking into one of their offices again, just go to the airport at departure time and pay the fee/fines whatever. If I had done that all along I would have saved myself paying 'fees' for a visa I never got and no one ever wanted to see.

IDK who is sleazier, BoI or Customs.

YMMV.

SkyMan

BoI is just full of shit, and I'll tell em to their face, already have ('We will black-ball you'...'Oh yeah?, feck you! Go ahead'...they could not and did not). They can do anything...for a fee.

I sure paid for a 13A visa, more than once, to the 'hoodlums-behind-desks', but never got it. I would not waste my time ever walking into one of their offices again, just go to the airport at departure time and pay the fee/fines whatever. If I had done that all along I would have saved myself paying 'fees' for a visa I never got and no one ever wanted to see.

YMMV.

• Like 3

YMMV.

I realize how my comment sounds. However, I was a perfect gentleman in all of my dealings w/BoI, with only one exception, and with good reason, I felt compelled to expel some venom. If an immigration employee in Europe or the States did what is common practice at the BoI office I, and many other ex-pats, had the mis-fortune of dealing with, they would be fired and put directly in Jail, no doubt.

Robbing people outright is to take ones chances in life.

I get plenty done, when dealing with honourable individuals.

YMMV.

I realize how my comment sounds. However, I was a perfect gentleman in all of my dealings w/BoI, with only one exception, and with good reason, I felt compelled to expel some venom. If an immigration employee in Europe or the States did what is common practice at the BoI office I, and many other ex-pats, had the mis-fortune of dealing with, they would be fired and put directly in Jail, no doubt.

Robbing people outright is to take ones chances in life.

I get plenty done, when dealing with honourable individuals.

which office did u use

RetiredNavyGuy

Where does one get fingerprints taken that are acceptable to the FBI if one already lives in the Philippines (ie, Mindanao)?

Once I have fingerprints, do I understand the following process correctly?

- Get fingerprints,

- Send to FBI with request for FBI Identification Record with State Department apostille (results to RAO box)

- Mail Identification record to Philippine Consolate in LA (results to RAO box)

And that would complete one checkmark on the 13A visa request?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
futuredude

Where does one get fingerprints taken that are acceptable to the FBI if one already lives in the Philippines (ie, Mindanao)?

- Get fingerprints,

- Send to FBI with request for FBI Identification Record with State Department apostille (results to RAO box)

You can go to this web site and download the application form and the fingerprint card (I have also attached below for reference). 

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks

You may be able to have the police or NBI in your area assist with the actual fingerprinting, most likely they will have ink on hand.

The process outlined above is correct.

Applicant Information Form: q384893984839334.pdf

Fingerprint Card: applicant_fd_258.pdf

Credit Card Payment Form: credit-card-payment-form-121012a.pdf

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

- Get fingerprints,

FYI - the FBI doesn't mind if you send more than one set of fingerprints. If you send in a bad set of prints they will reject it, so you will have waited in vain.