Is this true, new requirements for 13a visa

Hi,

Been a while since i been on here, but i have just had an interesting chat with a friend. We both have our 13a provisional visa and will need to go  back to Cebu for the permanent one. We have another friend who has just applied for his 13a provisional and he was asked two things that we were not asked last year. 1 he had to show them he had PHP100,000 in his bank account which fortunately he did, but 2. he has to get FBI clearance from the US and then notorised here in the Philippines. Firstly i just want to know if this is true, secondly as we have our 13a provisional already and have showed we are capable of living for that year, would we be required to show fianances and also clearance, i am from the UK, so what  sort of clearance they would want from me i have no idea if this is indeed true in the first place. Any clarification about this would be great, thank you.

Matt.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spooks

• JamesMusslewhite

• Monsoon

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, you soft spoken guys never get anything done.

Its amazing how naturally foreigners in the Philippines talk about getting deported - as if it were a sword constantly hanging over each and every foreigners head - ready to be used for the slightest

When u initially apply for your 13 a visa the requirement are for Home police clearance, valid for 6 months from date of issue. used for the permanent visa range including SRRV. Nothing new here. Once

Posted Images

SkyMan

By provisional I think you mean probationary and while requirements change all the time, this one is quite a new one on me.  I suspect your friend is pulling your chain?  Or quite possibly the BI agent is pulling your friend's chain, the one attached to his wallet to make these new requirements go away?

Edited by SkyMan

Proving financial capacity IS a requirement  just never been enforced. 

Police clearance can be requested it is for SRRV etc.

I think it makes a difference on the Clearance if you applied for your 13A overseas, as opposed to doing it from inside the PI. 

The Commissioner is tightening up on process and procedures and both these items are within the fine print of being required.

JamesMusslewhite

I am going to to the terminal with my wife now to catch the bus to travel down to the Philippine immigration office in the mid morning of tomorrow to file the paperwork for my 13a. The  Immigration website does say these requirements are necessary, so I will let you know when I am back Wednesday morning..

SkyMan

I am going to to the terminal with my wife now to catch the bus to travel down to the Philippine immigration office in the mid morning of tomorrow to file the paperwork for my 13a. The  Immigration website does say these requirements are necessary, so I will let you know when I am back Wednesday morning..

I'd have figured you'd have had your 13A years ago James.

There's such a thing as "FBI" Clearance. That's a new one. 

Because people here can not get anything done without NBI clearance they automatically assume it is the same anywhere else. What they meant was police clearance

There's such a thing as "FBI" Clearance. That's a new one. 

Because people here can not get anything done without NBI clearance they automatically assume it is the same anywhere else. What they meant was police clearance

Still it's a new one on me. I didn't know the US gives out "Police Clearances". Never heard of that. 

CebuKano

Sounds like this whole thing is a misunderstanding of FBI vs. NBI "Clearence". Each time a foreigner applies for a visa extension they get NBI clearence. 13a is no exception. And it doesn't make sense that only Americans would have to get FBI clearence and then have it notorized here in the RP? What about other countries?

This smells more than a wet market on a hot sunny day with no breeze.

Sounds like this whole thing is a misunderstanding of FBI vs. NBI "Clearence". Each time a foreigner applies for a visa extension they get NBI clearence. 13a is no exception. And it doesn't make sense that only Americans would have to get FBI clearence and then have it notorized here in the RP? What about other countries?

When u initially apply for your 13 a visa the requirement are for Home police clearance, valid for 6 months from date of issue. used for the permanent visa range including SRRV. Nothing new here. Once here you will then get NBO clearance, nothing new in that either.  Some of you guys are determined to see corruption when the reality is the process is well laid down. The pat problem has been non enforcement which leads to assumptions that when it is enforced that something underhand is taking place when it is not.

Edited by spooks
  • Like 1
CebuKano

When u initially apply for your 13 a visa the requirement are for Home police clearance, valid for 6 months from date of issue. used for the permanent visa range including SRRV. Nothing new here. Once here you will then get NBO clearance, nothing new in that either.  Some of you guys are determined to see corruption when the reality is the process is well laid down. The pat problem has been non enforcement which leads to assumptions that when it is enforced that something underhand is taking place when it is not.

The OP is already here in the Philippines. The "clearence" pertains to here, not in their home country.

MattFromGA

I wonder how a person from the UK would go about asking the USA FBI for clearance.  From what I remember, they wanted a local police clearance.  I got the 13a in Cebu after living there for a year and was able to get an NBI clearance for it.

Still it's a new one on me. I didn't know the US gives out "Police Clearances". Never heard of that.

I'm currently checking out the process for getting a retirement visa in Ecuador. One of the requirements is what I guess would amount to a 'police clearance' -- I need a statement from my local police department where I am a resident (not the FBI) of my police record.

smokey

Proving financial capacity IS a requirement  just never been enforced. 

Police clearance can be requested it is for SRRV etc.

I think it makes a difference on the Clearance if you applied for your 13A overseas, as opposed to doing it from inside the PI. 

The Commissioner is tightening up on process and procedures and both these items are within the fine print of being required.

i can see the FBI clearance for the Americans everyone hates pedo.. why not stop them at the gate

RogerDat

Greetings! Local police clearence if already in PI, when I applied in US I got a police clearence from my local police department.

FBI does background checks for goverment work, and security clearence, not checking for pedos. If you have a pedo conviction, a feloney, I do not think you can get a pass port, or a visa from any country. I have met a few who acted like pedo here, they were not Americans, but locals.

• Like 1