OHHHH the airport experience

I think they had you there David.

I left for the first time last November and paid the full fee - Php 2,880.

I left again last week (February) and only paid Php 2,170.

I have a different Visa though - a 9G. Not sure if it makes a difference.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Monsoon

• Headed that way

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I am here on a 13-A visa and my wife and I travel a lot. The Philippine airports are an outrage, especially when compared with other airports in the region (Singapore, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, B

he uses hundred dollar bills

when i landed in Los Angeles first you go to immigration starts out confusing as there is a line for us citz.. and NON us citz but you fill out one report for a family... so we went to the us citz li

Posted Images

passingby

Seems like everyone did the 13-A and ACR thing and someone said will get more difficult to live here on a tourist visa - well why not?  The SRRV is easy and I travel out of country at least 6-8 times a year and no problems and you go through the VIP/ACR line with no additional fee other than standard terminal fee.  For those married up to you how best to get a permanent resident status but for those living for ever on a tourist visa, well???  Look at the other countries around such as Thailand and it is NOT easy to stay forever as a tourist.  There are ways to make it more easy.  Relating stories of how much it costs will do nothing to change things. 

Headed that way

Smokes.. why did your wife only have to pay 200 pesos?   YOu should both be paying 1620.

I  thought Manila was really advancing when they no longer required the terminal fee to be paid at the airport.      I was worried how in the world they could pull off such efficiency when it would mean many jobs would be lost to an automated system that billed the traveler in the cost of his ticket.    Well yesterday flying  domestically i couldn't help but chuckle to see how they have kept the jobs.    

1.  Now there is a guy  looking at all boarding passes to make sure the terminal fee was in fact paid.  He places a stamp on on your boarding pass.

2.  There is also now a  lady sitting rather bored  waiting to collect a terminal fee if for some strange reason you had ticket  where the  terminal fee wasn't passed.

3.  there is a new special booth  where another bored individual sits  to issues terminal fee refunds ! 

So it looks like the new system netted 2 additional jobs just to handle the  new "streamlined" terminal fee.

Hmmm, is this for domestic flights?   I flew out of Manila from Terminal One on the 21st of Feb and had to pay the 550 pesos terminal fee.

I realize that the BI website says that the 13-A visa is an Immigrant Visa. I only said that my ACR-I Card says "Visa Status: NON-IMMIGRANT" -- see attached image.

Thats because you are on probation.   When your probation is over (1 year) and you apply to change your status you will recieve a new ACR Card after approval.  It will say, "Immigrant". 

Scotsbloke

Airport fee around the world

http://www.everyplaces.com/airporttax.html

Of course every airport has levies. However, for many countries such fees are included in the cost of flight tickets.

It is just a monumental pain in the arse and annoyingly inefficient to buy your ticket and then have to go to different desks to pay additional fees when you check in.

Headed that way

I keep hearing that the Manila airport comfort rooms were always out of toilet paper but when I passed through in Feb they were clean, had toilet paper, even had an attendent that helped with luggage and handed you paper towels after you washed your hands.  

Uh, you guys aren't going to threaten to take my man card for washing my hands after going to the potty are you?

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

The facilities in T3 are clean and equipped. Never had a problem so far as facilities go. And the terminal fee is integrated into the ticket. Although when I went through there a few days ago, knowing this, I just proceeded through and some guy yelled, "Sir! Terminal Fee!" I waved my ticket at him and he said, "OK" and stamped it with some silly stamp.

Headed that way

BOI fixed it with immigration so I got an ACR card on the fast track.   Haven't yet had the time to research what it does or what classification it might put me in for travel costs.    I had read on this forum that a lot of banks require the card to open an account and BOI sure seemed certain that I wanted one so now I have one.

Late February terminal One was still collecting the terminal fee at kiosks between ticketing and security if I recall correctly.  550 pesos.

David_LivinginTalisay

What is Travel Tax?

What is Travel Tax?

The travel tax is a levy imposed by the Philippine government on the following individuals who are leaving the country irrespective of the place where the air ticket is issued and the form or place of payment, as provided for by Presidential Decree (PD) 1183, as amended:               
                        A. Citizens of the Philippines
                        B. Permanent resident aliens whose immigration status maybe any of the following:

Sec. 13      Quota or Preference Immigrant Visa
Sec. 13 A   Visa issued to an Alien Spouse of Philippine Citizen

Sec. 13 B   Child born outside the Philippines by a 13A Mother
Sec. 13 C   Child born in the Philippines by a 13A Mother

Sec. 13 D   Loss of Citizenship by a Filipino Woman by her Marriage to an Alien

Sec. 13 E   Returning Resident

Sec. 13 G   Former Natural-born Citizen of the Philippines who was Naturalized by a Foreign Country
TRV............Temporary Residence Visa
RA 7919 .....Alien Social Integration Act of 1995 RC /RFC Recognition as Filipino Citizen

RA 7837 .....Permanent Resident

C. Non-resident aliens who have stayed in the Philippines for more than one(1) year.

Note:  Non-immigrant aliens who have not stayed in the Philippines for more than a year are not covered by the travel tax. However, TIEZA F356 need to be prepared by the ticketing officer for passengers with the following immigration status except for FGO & their dependents (Sec. 9E) who have stayed for more than a year, they have to secure Travel Tax Exemption Certificate.

EO 408 / E0 .....Tourist without visa

- EO 21............ Stay valid for 21 days

- 11 Days .........Stay valid for 11 days  

- 7 Days ...........Stay valid for 7 days  

BB .....................Balikbayan  

Sec. 9A .............Temporary Visitor coming for business or for pleasure or for reasons of health

Sec. 9B .............Transit Passengers Sec. 9C Foreign Seamen Sec. 9D Treaty Trader / Investor

Sec. 9E...............Foreign Government Officials

Sec. 9F.............. Foreign Students

Sec. 9G .............Pre-arranged Employee

47 A2/PEZA .......Special Non-immigrant Visa

47B ....................Refugees

PD 1034 ............Executives of Multinational Companies

EO 63 / EO 226 /

RA 8756 ............Omnibus Investment Act of 1987

- SIRV .............. - Special Investor Resident Visa

RA 7227 Bases Conversion and Development Act of 1992  

- SSIV  ............. - Subic Special Investor's Visa  

- SSRV ............. - Subic Special Retiree Visa  

- SSRV ............. - Subic Special Retiree Visa  

- SSWV............  - Subic Special Working Visa  

- SCWV ............ - Special Clark Working Visa  

EO 1037 / SRRV  Special Resident Retiree Visa

EO 191 ...............Granting No-Visa Entry for Initial Stay of 7 Days for Chinese Nationals who are holders of Macao - Portuguese Passport

LOI 911 / LOI Granting No-Visa Entry for Initial Stay of 7 Days for holders of HK-British-HK-SAR Passport

As mandated by the law, the taxes are divided among the Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprize Zone Authority (TIEZA), the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) for use in government projects and programs.

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
Headed that way

Thanks for posting the info.  Looks like as long as I don't stay over one year I don't have to pay the travel tax.

David_LivinginTalisay

Thanks for posting the info.  Looks like as long as I don't stay over one year I don't have to pay the travel tax.

The way I read it, I am liable to pay it?

The travel tax is a levy imposed by the Philippine government on the following individuals who are leaving the country irrespective of the place where the air ticket is issued and the form or place of payment,as provided for by Presidential Decree (PD) 1183, as amended:              

B. Permanent resident aliens whose immigration status maybe any of the following:

Sec. 13 A   Visa issued to an Alien Spouse of Philippine Citizen

Note:  Non-immigrant aliens who have not stayed in the Philippines for more than a year

are not covered by the travel tax.

However,

TIEZA F356 need to be prepared by the ticketing officer for passengers with the following immigration status except for FGO & their dependents (Sec. 9E) who have stayed for more than a year, they have to secure Travel Tax Exemption Certificate.

My ACR I-Card says:-

Visa Type:   SEC 13A

Visa Issued On: 10-22-2003

Visa Valid Until: PERMANENT

Visa Status: IMMIGRANT

It does clearly state that Travel Tax is imposed on Permanent Resident Aliens, whose Immigration Status is SEC 13A Visa issued to an Alien Spouse of Philippine Citizen.

That 'exemption' of not going over 1 year, seemingly only applies to Non-Immigrant Aliens

I can only conclude, that previously, when I was not asked to pay the Travel Tax, I assumed it was simply because I had not been in the Philippines for more than 12 months. 

It was more likely, that the TIEZA Officer on duty previously, did not know/ask/consider, if I was a 13A Visa holder and a Permanent Resident Alien?

SkyMan

Hmmm, is this for domestic flights?

Correct.
Cipro

.... so now i pay 2820 peso for the immigration fee... 550 terminal fee and 1620 travel tax and yet there is still not TP in the cr .?????????????????????????

That's what the 20s are for.
  • Like 1
Headed that way

Nah, wait till the new $3.00 bill comes out with Obama's picture on it.  Then again I suppose there would be a constant shortage of the bills not long after they are introduced.

smokey

Nah, wait till the new $3.00 bill comes out with Obama's picture on it.  Then again I suppose there would be a constant shortage of the bills not long after they are introduced.

i already figured out how to put a dent in the budget in the us... charge ever visitor all 56 million a year 100 us to leave