• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Monsoon

• Ungaro

• Headed that way

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I am here on a 13-A visa and my wife and I travel a lot. The Philippine airports are an outrage, especially when compared with other airports in the region (Singapore, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, B

he uses hundred dollar bills

when i landed in Los Angeles first you go to immigration starts out confusing as there is a line for us citz.. and NON us citz but you fill out one report for a family... so we went to the us citz li

Posted Images

smokey

I thought so also but cant find any FEE like these to leave a country ... maybe what the usa needs to do is charge every visitor 100 us to leave a nice bit of change..

According to Wikipedia you don't want to visit Australia.  They charge US$55 to leave the country.   Germany just says "It varies" and there are a couple of other countries who charge likewise.  Canada has an airport fee like the Philippines but it is now hidden in the price of the ticket.  I remember the days (2008? or maybe earlier) when there were long lineups in Vancouver to pay the dratted tax and get to your flight on time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departure_taxhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departure_tax

well the us had over 70 million visitors i think they should charge the same as the Philippines everyone who is NOT a us citz should have to pay to leave... 100 bucks a pop now there is a good chunk of change of course its 000 for Americans 

Look again. A 13A visa is an immigrant visa.

I have my ACR-I Card in hand. Visa Type: SEC 13A Visa Status: NON-IMMIGRANT

Scan and upload on request.

Smokes.. why did your wife only have to pay 200 pesos?   YOu should both be paying 1620.

I  thought Manila was really advancing when they no longer required the terminal fee to be paid at the airport.      I was worried how in the world they could pull off such efficiency when it would mean many jobs would be lost to an automated system that billed the traveler in the cost of his ticket.    Well yesterday flying  domestically i couldn't help but chuckle to see how they have kept the jobs.    

1.  Now there is a guy  looking at all boarding passes to make sure the terminal fee was in fact paid.  He places a stamp on on your boarding pass.

2.  There is also now a  lady sitting rather bored  waiting to collect a terminal fee if for some strange reason you had ticket  where the  terminal fee wasn't passed.

3.  there is a new special booth  where another bored individual sits  to issues terminal fee refunds ! 

So it looks like the new system netted 2 additional jobs just to handle the  new "streamlined" terminal fee.

I thought so also but cant find any FEE like these to leave a country ... maybe what the usa needs to do is charge every visitor 100 us to leave a nice bit of change..

According to Wikipedia you don't want to visit Australia.  They charge US$55 to leave the country.   Germany just says "It varies" and there are a couple of other countries who charge likewise.  Canada has an airport fee like the Philippines but it is now hidden in the price of the ticket.  I remember the days (2008? or maybe earlier) when there were long lineups in Vancouver to pay the dratted tax and get to your flight on time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departure_taxhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departure_tax

well the us had over 70 million visitors i think they should charge the same as the Philippines everyone who is NOT a us citz should have to pay to leave... 100 bucks a pop now there is a good chunk of change of course its 000 for Americans 

Are you kidding?   I think its more like we should  pay 100.00  a pop for each visitor that actually leaves.  

smokey

55 wow that is cheap i just paid 120 to leave cebu ... does Australia have internet in the airport and TP in the CR ??? i have never been there 

http://www.tieza.com.ph/pages-who-can-avail-of-travel-tax-exemption--reduced-rate-and-what-are-the-documents-required.php

Who can avail of Travel Tax exemption / reduced rate? and What are the documents required?

Filipino permanent residents abroad whose stay in the Philippines is less than one (1) year.

1. Copies of the ID pages of passport and stamp of last arrival in RP
2. Proof of permanent residence in foreign country (e.g. US Green Card, Canadian form 1000, etc.)

http://www.tieza.com.ph/pages-what-are-the-travel-tax-rates.php

A Processing fee  of  Php 200.00 is collected for each certificate issued

Edited by Woolf
smokey

http://www.tieza.com.ph/pages-who-can-avail-of-travel-tax-exemption--reduced-rate-and-what-are-the-documents-required.php

Who can avail of Travel Tax exemption / reduced rate? and What are the documents required?

Filipino permanent residents abroad whose stay in the Philippines is less than one (1) year.

2. Proof of permanent residence in foreign country (e.g. US Green Card, Canadian form 1000, etc.)

you know when your flight leaves in 45 min its not a good time to discuss what is the correct way for them to treat you ... They did not ask me if i wanted to pay or should i pay they said PAY THIS AMOUNT 

I realize that the BI website says that the 13-A visa is an Immigrant Visa. I only said that my ACR-I Card says "Visa Status: NON-IMMIGRANT" -- see attached image.

post-9177-0-33395600-1358668427_thumb.png

Smokey

It was more an answer to why your wife pay only 200 php

dc3driver

I realize that the BI website says that the 13-A visa is an Immigrant Visa. I only said that my ACR-I Card says "Visa Status: NON-IMMIGRANT" -- see attached image.

attachicon.gifACR-I Card-1.png

I think after you get off the probationary year it will be  changed to immigrant, my 13 G acr card said immigrant from the beginning.

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

attachicon.gifACR-I Card-1.png

Like I said, wasn't calling you a liar.

Since they are always looking for your last entry when you check into a flight, I guess you could put some sticky stuff to hold pages together in your passport hiding your 13A stamp, providing your last entry was less than a year ago, they will issue you a boarding pass. Apparently they don't look (usually?) for your travel tax receipt at passport control. I guess I wouldn't want to get to the front of the exit immigration line only to be sent back to pay travel tax.

SkyMan

Was under the impression your spouse had to be traveling with you to get the BB stamp

Yes, which is why I added:

Even if your wife isn't travelling with you you'd still save on the tourist visa.

No one has ever asked me to pay the P1,620 travel tax for myself. I travel on a US passport. The airlines will not let my wife board without paying the tax, she is a citizen of the Philippines.

Ditto

smokey

http://www.tieza.com.ph/pages-what-are-the-travel-tax-rates.php

A Processing fee  of  Php 200.00 is collected for each certificate issued

and that is what my wife paid but i paid the 1620

• 1 month later...
David_LivinginTalisay

Having Left Cebu for China on August 26th 2012, and left again on 25th February, I can confirm it is Php5,050 each time!

So when did the Travel Tax Rules change, that now says Permanent Residents with 13A Visa, have to pay each and every time they leave (just like Pilipino Citizens)?

I am sure that in the past, I only paid it if I had gone more than 12 months since arrival.  This time I arrived on 1th January on left on 25th February, having paid Php1,620 Travel Tax on 26th August, and had to pay it again on 26th February!

I also paid Php2,880 on 26th August and had to pay it in full again on 25th February (they say the clock starts 1st January, not from last departure!).

ECC FEE 700
HEAD TAX 250
RP/SRC FEE 1400
Legal Research 30
Express Lane 500
Total 2880

Go along to Bureau of Immigration in Mandau and try asking for all the above without the Express Lane Fee, saying you will come back in 3 days time, no hurry!   They will tell you it is not possible - one has to do it at the Airport and incur the Php500 Express Lane Fee,

This caused me BIG problems at the irport as I found I did not have enough Peso in cash to cover it all. 

Changing RMB at the Money Changers at the airport is a right rip off  
RMB100 should give Php640 - Php654, but only Php500 at the airport.

I ran out of load on my cell phone and had to get Php20 added to Phone Sha-Sha to ask Ana to come back to the Airport and give me more cash (as not only did not want that rip off rate, needed RMB money for bus fare in China from Chengdu Airport).

NB:  If all checked in, and paid all the Fees, one can still get on the Flight, provided one is at the Gate, at least 15 min before the Departure time  (with Cebu Pacific at MIA at least)!