OHHHH the airport experience

I shutter to think of the costs if a lot of folks wanted to leave in a hurry.

Each airport attaching it's own 'special' fees.

Might be easier to leave by boat. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Monsoon

• SkyMan

• Ungaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I am here on a 13-A visa and my wife and I travel a lot. The Philippine airports are an outrage, especially when compared with other airports in the region (Singapore, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, B

he uses hundred dollar bills

when i landed in Los Angeles first you go to immigration starts out confusing as there is a line for us citz.. and NON us citz but you fill out one report for a family... so we went to the us citz li

Posted Images

in the 7 plus years i have lived in cebu i have only shit at home or ayala in the customer service cr or a hotel its all about the timing and i know guys your age have weak gaskets

So that was YOU who left that!

smokey

Ok, I appreciate the feedback. so you can verify that it costs you 5000 Pesos or so every time you want to leave the country?

Well I'll comment that the answer's yes....cos that's the total that I pay first time with a 13A, with about 700 less the second time. While the immigration fees are something of an extra, would I be right in saying that in most countries you pay the equivalent of the travel and airport taxes, but they're included in the ticket?

i thought so also but cant find any FEE like these to leave a country ... maybe what the usa needs to do is charge every visitor 100 us to leave a nice bit of change..

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Ok, I appreciate the feedback. so you can verify that it costs you 5000 Pesos or so every time you want to leave the country?

Well I'll comment that the answer's yes....cos that's the total that I pay first time with a 13A, with about 700 less the second time. While the immigration fees are something of an extra, would I be right in saying that in most countries you pay the equivalent of the travel and airport taxes, but they're included in the ticket?

i thought so also but cant find any FEE like these to leave a country ... maybe what the usa needs to do is charge every visitor 100 us to leave a nice bit of change..

Problem is too many don't leave. Setting up foot bridges with toll booths at the Rio Grande would be better.

smokey

Problem is too many don't leave. Setting up foot bridges with toll booths at the Rio Grande would be better.

so everyone keeps saying year after year all countries charge a travel tax ,, an exit fee and a terminal fee ... well lets compare and dont say its in the ticket i have bought tickets from the usa to philippines and from the philippines to the usa and i always have to pay so its not included in the ticket... does Thailand charge these fees and how about japan do they

Ouch... So for all you 13a holders is it P 5050 everytime you want to leave the country ? I knew about the 1620 but I had not heard of the 2880. this is why i am content to just stay with the tourist visa and pay the extension fees as I have to pop out of the country often enough. Please tell me why i should get a 13a visa i cant really think of good reason.

Well, I am here on a 13-A visa and my wife and I travel a lot. The Philippine airports are an outrage, especially when compared with other airports in the region (Singapore, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok). None of those foreign airports charge a terminal use fee, departure tax, any other fees -- yet they have comfortable waiting areas, free WiFi internet, fine restaurants and coffee shops and exquisite "Duty Free" shops. Some even have gyms and free showers. All of them have excellent public transit into the city, not to mention good multi-lane highways.

Only in Cebu must the tourist experience the slums of Mandaue when taking a taxi into the city. Only in Philippine airports can you get ripped off by "special" (yellow) airport taxis, instead of walking up to catch a white, metered taxi for less than half the yellow taxi's fare.

I have never paid the P1,620 travel tax, I was told it is only for Filipinos. I have to pay it for my wife, of course. Because we travel so often, I have been able to talk Immigration out of charging me the P700 ECC fee, so I "only" pay P2,180 to leave the country. It is still an outrage, especially since you get nothing for that money. The terminal use fee is uniquely Filipino, they even charge that in seaports, albeit it is just small change, but you still not get a damned thing for it.

If the Philippine government was serious about developing tourism, they would get their heads out of the asses and develop decent airports without any of the garbage fees and provide fast public transit to and from the city. There are many examples of how to do it right -- just visit Singapore's Changi Airport, or Hong Kong's HKIA. As things stand, a tourist would not even have to leave the airport to be convinced that they have landed in a third-world hellhole.

• Like 4
I have never paid the P1,620 travel tax, I was told it is only for Filipinos.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/49106-exit-visa/?p=500345

Travel Tax

Travel tax shall be levied on
(a.) all citizens of the Philippines;
(b.) permanent resident aliens; and
(c.) non-immigrant aliens who have stayed in the Philippines for more than one (1) year, who are leaving the country.

Travel Tax 1620 PHP (Business and Economy class)

Look here for full explanation of Travel Tax

http://www.tieza.com.ph/index.php take the travel tax tab

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Well, I am here on a 13-A visa and my wife and I travel a lot.

I have never paid the P1,620 travel tax,

I'm not calling you a liar, but those two statements seem contradictory.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

The last few times I've flown Cebu Pacific they have waived me right through the terminal fee line, its seems they are collecting this in the ticket price now, at least at MNL. Which is a nice step in the right direction.

I don't see the contradiction. No one has ever asked me to pay the P1,620 travel tax for myself. I travel on a US passport. The airlines will not let my wife board without paying the tax, she is a citizen of the Philippines.

Travel agents and airline ticket offices seem to collect the terminal use fee in advance. If you book your ticket online, you must pay at the airport.

I have never paid the P1,620 travel tax, I was told it is only for Filipinos.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/49106-exit-visa/?p=500345

Travel Tax

Travel tax shall be levied on

(a.) all citizens of the Philippines;

(b.) permanent resident aliens; and

(c.) non-immigrant aliens who have stayed in the Philippines for more than one (1) year, who are leaving the country.

Travel Tax 1620 PHP (Business and Economy class)

Look here for full explanation of Travel Tax

http://www.tieza.com.ph/index.php take the travel tax tab

That explains why I never had to pay the Travel Tax. I am a US citizen, my ACR-I Card says that I am a non-immigrant alien on 13-A visa, and I have never stayed for more than a year in the Philippines without traveling abroad. Or perhaps the busy airline ground personnel just did not bother to leaf through my passport to notice the 13-A visa entry.

smokey

Well, I am here on a 13-A visa and my wife and I travel a lot.

>I have never paid the P1,620 travel tax,

having just done this days ago i will detail ..... first you check in luggage and get boarding pass... then you go to a booth to pay travel tax I with a ACR paid 1620 my wife only had to pay 200  then off to terminal fee 550 EACH.. then BI... I paid 2880 and she paid 0   but what sucks is for all the money collected the airport is still not up to snuff and the cr still has no TP and the watiing area is very basic and has 00000 internet and is very boring ... yet they collect and collect and collect and i dont see any return for money spent ,,, everyone keeps says all countries charge the same fee so i say SHOW ME 

A_Simple_Man
I thought so also but cant find any FEE like these to leave a country ... maybe what the usa needs to do is charge every visitor 100 us to leave a nice bit of change..

According to Wikipedia you don't want to visit Australia.  They charge US$55 to leave the country.   Germany just says "It varies" and there are a couple of other countries who charge likewise.  Canada has an airport fee like the Philippines but it is now hidden in the price of the ticket.  I remember the days (2008? or maybe earlier) when there were long lineups in Vancouver to pay the dratted tax and get to your flight on time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departure_taxhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departure_tax

smokey

I don't see the contradiction. No one has ever asked me to pay the P1,620 travel tax for myself. I travel on a US passport. The airlines will not let my wife board without paying the tax, she is a citizen of the Philippines.

Travel agents and airline ticket offices seem to collect the terminal use fee in advance. If you book your ticket online, you must pay at the airport.

that is because they did not flip thru your passport to find out your an acr they asked me where i lived and i said us and cebu so they said you need to pay the travel tax of 1620 and your wife will pay 200  now of course i could of lied and if lucky maybe i would not get caught or maybe i would and miss my flight who know for lie maybe i could visit the lock up so if they want 1620 plus 2880 plus 550 you pay 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

That explains why I never had to pay the Travel Tax. I am a US citizen, my ACR-I Card says that I am a non-immigrant alien on 13-A visa, and I have never stayed for more than a year in the Philippines without traveling abroad. Or perhaps the busy airline ground personnel just did not bother to leaf through my passport to notice the 13-A visa entry.

Look again. A 13A visa is an immigrant visa.