OHHHH the airport experience

Canuck Joe

2820 + 1620 + 550

So they charge about 5000 pesos to escape? There are days when I would consider that a bargain.

and when you make a crack when paying the "ransom" you can tell they are really sick of hearing it.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Monsoon

• Ungaro

• Headed that way

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I am here on a 13-A visa and my wife and I travel a lot. The Philippine airports are an outrage, especially when compared with other airports in the region (Singapore, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, B

he uses hundred dollar bills

when i landed in Los Angeles first you go to immigration starts out confusing as there is a line for us citz.. and NON us citz but you fill out one report for a family... so we went to the us citz li

Posted Images

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

2820 + 1620 + 550

So they charge about 5000 pesos to escape? There are days when I would consider that a bargain.

its not the amount its why and where does the money go.... ... the airport was PACKED so why not take a few thousand peso a day and TP the cr ??

I bet there's a line in the P&L for that but mysteriously they are always out...hmmm

MarinePride

I leave next Saturday, these numbers will help me out and they are upsetting, to say the least. One does wonder where the cash goes, LLC says the airport owes them all kind of back taxes.

2820 + 1620 + 550

Yes the escape fee for me is more than the return fare to KL!!RETURN!! am I crazy, now I will have to escape all over again!! :killself:

My wife and I went to and came back from Hong Kong in December - this was our experience:

After checking in with the airline we had to go to TIEZA - not sure what that stands for but is the Travel Tax Payment - each of us paid 1,620 Pesos

Next Stop was the airport fee another 550 each.

Next was the Passport Control for leaving the Country - my wife got her Passport Stamped and paid nothing. I presented my Passport and my 13a ACR-I - I was directed to another window in which I paid

ECC FEE 700

HEAD TAX 250

RP/SRC FEE 1400

Legal Research 30

Express Lane 500

Total 2880

I was told that only the first trip out of the country per year do you pay 2880, after that it is 2180 - I don't know which of the fees they reduce in order to get to that total -

Coming back from Hong Kong, there were no fees, but I did need to show my ACR Card at the ticket/check in counter with the airline in HK

Coming into the Philippines, my wife went to the Philippine Passport Line and I joined her - but there was another counter for "Diplomats" something that said "APEC" and then "Resident" When we got to the Officer in my wife's line she directed me through her window (my wife's Passport was stamped) while she gave my passport to the Officer next to her - he took my PP and ACR Card - ran some magic and stamped me in - Don't know if it will be faster for me to go to the Resident Window next time, or the Philippine Passport - will check with the powers that be.

But that was it grand total of fees for my wife was 2170 Pesos and 5050 for me.

I suppose if you do a lot of traveling paying between 4400 and 5100 pesos can be a drag, but for me and the wife - we plan on traveling inside the Philippines and maybe in a couple of years take off for the US for awhile.

Hope this explanation is helpful

Ouch... So for all you 13a holders is it P 5050 everytime you want to leave the country ? I knew about the 1620 but I had not heard of the 2880. this is why i am content to just stay with the tourist visa and pay the extension fees as I have to pop out of the country often enough. Please tell me why i should get a 13a visa i cant really think of good reason.

• Like 1

My wife and I went to and came back from Hong Kong in December - this was our experience:

After checking in with the airline we had to go to TIEZA - not sure what that stands for but is the Travel Tax Payment - each of us paid 1,620 Pesos

Next Stop was the airport fee another 550 each.

Next was the Passport Control for leaving the Country - my wife got her Passport Stamped and paid nothing. I presented my Passport and my 13a ACR-I - I was directed to another window in which I paid

ECC FEE 700

HEAD TAX 250

RP/SRC FEE 1400

Legal Research 30

Express Lane 500

Total 2880

I was told that only the first trip out of the country per year do you pay 2880, after that it is 2180 - I don't know which of the fees they reduce in order to get to that total -

Coming back from Hong Kong, there were no fees, but I did need to show my ACR Card at the ticket/check in counter with the airline in HK

Coming into the Philippines, my wife went to the Philippine Passport Line and I joined her - but there was another counter for "Diplomats" something that said "APEC" and then "Resident" When we got to the Officer in my wife's line she directed me through her window (my wife's Passport was stamped) while she gave my passport to the Officer next to her - he took my PP and ACR Card - ran some magic and stamped me in - Don't know if it will be faster for me to go to the Resident Window next time, or the Philippine Passport - will check with the powers that be.

But that was it grand total of fees for my wife was 2170 Pesos and 5050 for me.

I suppose if you do a lot of traveling paying between 4400 and 5100 pesos can be a drag, but for me and the wife - we plan on traveling inside the Philippines and maybe in a couple of years take off for the US for awhile.

Hope this explanation is helpful

Ouch... So for all you 13a holders is it P 5050 everytime you want to leave the country ? I knew about the 1620 but I had not heard of the 2880. this is why i am content to just stay with the tourist visa and pay the extension fees as I have to pop out of the country often enough. Please tell me why i should get a 13a visa i cant really think of good reason.

If you travel no more than 3 times a year it is cheaper than the tourist visa

SkyMan
but gone 3 months
If you're just here 3 months, get a BB stamp on entry and save a lot.  Even if your wife isn't travelling with you you'd still save on the tourist visa.
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Please tell me why i should get a 13a visa i cant really think of good reason.

Well, I had similar thoughts and I travel very frequently. Here are some things that made me do away with the tourist visa way of life:

- Inconvenience of having to update the tourist visa

- Not having to deal with 'exit tickets'

- Not ever having to worry about doing anything that could be construed as working without a work visa

- Dealing with a new ACR every 5 years instead of every year.

- Not knowing what the future holds as far as changes to tourist visa rules.

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 1
SkyMan
I can tell you and I'll give you a hint.....it's not down.
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I can tell you and I'll give you a hint.....it's not down.

Yes. That and I think its going to get more complicated to 'live' here on a tourist visa as well.

Please tell me why i should get a 13a visa i cant really think of good reason.

Well, I had similar thoughts and I travel very frequently. Here are some things that made me do away with the tourist visa way of life:

- Inconvenience of having to update the tourist visa

- Not having to deal with 'exit tickets'

- Not ever having to worry about doing anything that could be construed as working without a work visa

- Dealing with a new ACR every 5 years instead of every year.

Ok,  I appreciate the feedback.  so you can verify that it costs you 5000 Pesos or so   every time you want to leave the country?    

trthebees
Ok, I appreciate the feedback. so you can verify that it costs you 5000 Pesos or so every time you want to leave the country?

Well I'll comment that the answer's yes....cos that's the total that I pay first time with a 13A, with about 700 less the second time. While the immigration fees are something of an extra, would I be right in saying that in most countries you pay the equivalent of the travel and airport taxes, but they're included in the ticket?

two points:

1. not sure but wouldnt an srrv get you of jail free?

2. maybe its expensive, maybe it isnt.  but one thing is for sure, its a LOT LOT less money than you would pay in income tax  on your foreign earnings. If you were paying IT you could really have a good time complaining about the tax... trouble is that after 5000 yeras od tax stories, i still havent heard an interesting one.

2820 + 1620 + 550

its not the amount its why and where does the money go.... ... the airport was PACKED so why not take a few thousand peso a day and TP the cr ??

I was just joking. I understand your point and it's a good one. The answer as to 'why not?' is probably because they just don't care, or maybe there's a line item in the budget for TP, but the money is being pocketed by somebody in airport management.

Just think when the Site Selection Committee of MegaCorp makes their visit to Cebu City to check it out as a possible location for their new AsiaPac factory, and one of the execs visits the CR when they arrive. I'm sure he'll be very impressed.

two points:

1. not sure but wouldnt an srrv get you of jail free?

2. maybe its expensive, maybe it isnt.  but one thing is for sure, its a LOT LOT less money than you would pay in income tax  on your foreign earnings. If you were paying IT you could really have a good time complaining about the tax... trouble is that after 5000 yeras od tax stories, i still havent heard an interesting one.

Depends upon how often you travel, the SRRV annual fee now is more expensive than  3 trips out of the country.per year. under a 13A. Plus the cost of joining the SRRV which is just short of 60,000 pesos. If married the 13A probably represents better value

but gone 3 months

If you're just here 3 months, get a BB stamp on entry and save a lot.  Even if your wife isn't travelling with you you'd still save on the tourist visa.

Was under the impression your spouse had to be traveling with you to get the BB stamp