OHHHH the airport experience

smokey

Well as usual the airport in cebu is always changing.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ all that money and yet things never seem to change..?????? After first arriving,, check in luggage go to window to pay terminal fee... sir you need to go over to the desk over there first... i go there sir there is a tax 1620 peso for you as an resident and 200 for your wife... yes thank you sir hummm went down i think from last time... go to pay terminal fee 550 each.. what another window blocks my further advancement oh its an immigration fee , so now i pay 2820 peso for the immigration fee... 550 terminal fee and 1620 travel tax and yet there is still not TP in the cr .?????????????????????????

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Monsoon

• SkyMan

• Ungaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I am here on a 13-A visa and my wife and I travel a lot. The Philippine airports are an outrage, especially when compared with other airports in the region (Singapore, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, B

he uses hundred dollar bills

when i landed in Los Angeles first you go to immigration starts out confusing as there is a line for us citz.. and NON us citz but you fill out one report for a family... so we went to the us citz li

Posted Images

jtmwatchbiz
there is still not TP in the cr .?????????????????????????

relax, that collection window hasn't been built yet...

Correct Smokey, first time you leave it's 2,820, then drops to around 2,200 for subsequent departures. Always includes the 'Express Fee' - is there an alternative?

Do the math. Astonishing amount of cash paid in daily and zero change.

Leaving with the family in June - luckliy they stay on BB stamps so immigration fees are less, but the airport tax adds up!

Davaoeno

Well as usual the airport in cebu is always changing.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ all that money and yet things never seem to change..?????? After first arriving,, check in luggage go to window to pay terminal fee... sir you need to go over to the desk over there first... i go there sir there is a tax 1620 peso for you as an resident and 200 for your wife... yes thank you sir hummm went down i think from last time... go to pay terminal fee 550 each.. what another window blocks my further advancement oh its an immigration fee , so now i pay 2820 peso for the immigration fee... 550 terminal fee and 1620 travel tax and yet there is still not TP in the cr .?????????????????????????

Smokey - are you actually telliing us that you have lived here for many years and yet you still dont carry your own TP with you ? I'm like American Express- I dont leave home without it !!

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Smokey - are you actually telliing us that you have lived here for many years and yet you still dont carry your own TP with you ? I'm like American Express- I dont leave home without it !!

he uses hundred dollar bills

• Like 3
smokey

in the 7 plus years i have lived in cebu i have only shit at home or ayala in the customer service cr or a hotel its all about the timing and i know guys your age have weak gaskets

Correct Smokey, first time you leave it's 2,820, then drops to around 2,200 for subsequent departures. Always includes the 'Express Fee' - is there an alternative?

Do the math. Astonishing amount of cash paid in daily and zero change.

Leaving with the family in June - luckliy they stay on BB stamps so immigration fees are less, but the airport tax adds up!

that was MY fee my wife paid 200 for a travel tax and 550 terminal fee she has a green card.. seems they hate to see you leave with heavy pockets

thebob

You sound like you're happy with the service. How much tip did you leave?

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

Smokey I will trade you. You deal with my nightmare and I will deal with the airport. I wish I could just deal with the airport it would make me happy.

• Like 1

2820 + 1620 + 550

So they charge about 5000 pesos to escape? There are days when I would consider that a bargain.

• Like 1

My wife and I went to and came back from Hong Kong in December - this was our experience:

After checking in with the airline we had to go to TIEZA - not sure what that stands for but is the Travel Tax Payment - each of us paid 1,620 Pesos

Next Stop was the airport fee another 550 each.

Next was the Passport Control for leaving the Country - my wife got her Passport Stamped and paid nothing. I presented my Passport and my 13a ACR-I - I was directed to another window in which I paid

ECC FEE 700

HEAD TAX 250

RP/SRC FEE 1400

Legal Research 30

Express Lane 500

Total 2880

I was told that only the first trip out of the country per year do you pay 2880, after that it is 2180 - I don't know which of the fees they reduce in order to get to that total -

Coming back from Hong Kong, there were no fees, but I did need to show my ACR Card at the ticket/check in counter with the airline in HK

Coming into the Philippines, my wife went to the Philippine Passport Line and I joined her - but there was another counter for "Diplomats" something that said "APEC" and then "Resident" When we got to the Officer in my wife's line she directed me through her window (my wife's Passport was stamped) while she gave my passport to the Officer next to her - he took my PP and ACR Card - ran some magic and stamped me in - Don't know if it will be faster for me to go to the Resident Window next time, or the Philippine Passport - will check with the powers that be.

But that was it grand total of fees for my wife was 2170 Pesos and 5050 for me.

I suppose if you do a lot of traveling paying between 4400 and 5100 pesos can be a drag, but for me and the wife - we plan on traveling inside the Philippines and maybe in a couple of years take off for the US for awhile.

Hope this explanation is helpful

• Like 1

I thought everyone called it comfort roll, for like the comfort room. :)

Edited by Contango
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon
  • Like 1
smokey

Smokey I will trade you. You deal with my nightmare and I will deal with the airport. I wish I could just deal with the airport it would make me happy.

when i landed in Los Angeles first you go to immigration starts out confusing as there is a line for us citz.. and NON us citz but you fill out one report for a family... so we went to the us citz line and they were nice ... asked how long i was gone... 3 months... accepts the wife's green card in us line and then looks and says address in arizona but gone 3 months////// 3rd trip in the last 1 1/2 years each one 3 months ??????????????????? I said ... well i have an anchor house... he laughs and says i understand //// next customs and then the wife says ... i have a box i am bring for sofie .. her cousin in arizona ... i said so whats in it... she says ... not sure i think its dried fish and herbal stuff ,,, i said what kind of herbal stuff? She said i dont know for sure just a bunch of lotions and chemicals.. ... I said you know i signed the form saying we had NO FOOD and now you tell me there is FOOD and other chemicals and i bet there are home made?? She said just tell them you did not know and we did not pack the box ... I said well maybe if they find the stuff they will figure you just did not know and anyway i filled out the form.... Now we are walking toward the customs counter and she say... honey , i should tell you ! What ?? The box is in YOUR BAG i did not want to put it in mine because i am not sure whats in it and i dont want to be deported...

I get to the customs guy he looks over the form i have signed declaring i have nothing , no food , nothing... he looks at me and says how long were you in the Philippines and i just said a while i have an anchor house there ,, he starts laughing and waves me on ..

• Like 2
smokey

2820 + 1620 + 550

So they charge about 5000 pesos to escape? There are days when I would consider that a bargain.

its not the amount its why and where does the money go.... ... the airport was PACKED so why not take a few thousand peso a day and TP the cr ??