Sign in to follow this  
Keith46

Urgently needed type A positive- Davao City

Keith46

My father-in-law is in hospital and needs platelet transfusions. We are having difficulty in getting blood from the Red Cross, can anyone help? Blood type A positive.

Thank you.

Paul

Keith, please put a contact number down, as well as an email address so possible donors may contact you.

Davaoeno
We are having difficulty in getting blood from the Red Cross,

For future reference- why cant you get it from the Red Cross ? No stock ? or ??

Daisy

wondering why there's none in Red Cross Davao. If you have a blood donor's card, it is easier to get blood right away. Let me know if you need one, will send it lbc to them

Davaoeno

I am a British expat living in Davao. My wifes father is in hospital and is in urgent need of blood or blood platelets, we have been buying from the Red Cross but they have no more supplies. Do you know of any people with type A positive blood who would be willing to donate.

Regards,

Keith

========

Keith46

Davao Red Cross have no stock of A positive, we found a donor today and nowjust waiting for it to be screened and processed. We still need more. 09281604837

Keith46

wondering why there's none in Red Cross Davao. If you have a blood donor's card, it is easier to get blood right away. Let me know if you need one, will send it lbc to them

Not sure how this donor card thing works here, if they have no A+. I was a donor in the UK for over 30 years and their cut off age is 70 for regular donors, here I believe it's 65 and I'm 66. My UK donor card was stolen here a few months ago.

Keith46

Just been told by the doctor that we need to find a platelet apheresis donor. A+

Daisy

What hospital in Davao City? and the patients name? I am trying to communicate with my other group their maybe they help. Is this number the number to contact? 09281604837 THANKS

• Like 1

Paul

Keith, any update on this, mate?

Keith46

Hi Paul,  We found a platelet apheresis donor today and my father-in-law had the transfusion this evening. We are hoping that this will work and we see an improvement in his platelet levels in the coming days.I will keep you informed. Thank you for your help.

Paul

Hey.

Okay. I will remove the notification on the portal. If you have any further need, please post a new topic in this forum.

I hope all goes well for him, and for your family.