Sign in to follow this  
Canuck Joe

Boat gets taken by Navy in Bohol Sea

jtmwatchbiz

i felt kind of sick watching that...i snooped around some of his other vids and he is now in Japan fighting this thing. There is no way he could show his face around there after all the YouTube vids.

My guess is a fish kingpin ordered the town to put him out of biz. He is lucky he did not get lynched on that pier.

Yes they way he is talking to the locals he is lucky to still be living.

i was thinking the same thing. i guess all's well that ends well but to me the guy sounds like he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, was looking for trouble and found it.

spooks

What a bunch of arm chair whimpy quarter backs we have here.

The boat was Filipino owned and crewed

Their permits were in order

They were fishing in correct designated grounds along with other vessels, their one was the one boarded, no others.

The navy guys had to follow orders from the Civilian authority, they had no other part other than to do that which they are legally obliged to do.

When the boat was stopped it was fired upon. The fishing boat crew was ordered into the water without floatation devices or asking if there were non swimmers. The order was given to sink the fishing boat. The crew with Chery ann at the helm refused to comply so despite being shot at and the boat holed they were towed back.

Randy is no dumbass. He knew what he was doing on the quay side, even when one of the goons put a pistiol to the back of his head. He made a brave attempt at preventing such a wrongful action, mindful of the risks.

Perhaps some here have forgotten what a back bone is.

So instead of bad mouthing good people doing good why not a little bit of praise, unless of course that is decidedly too risky for some of the key boad warriors.

We have oher examples of members here doing what is right because its right and more power to them.

I would not do business here again either despite having had a great run at it. The costs of trying to do business , no matter what it is, are just too high when factoring in the demand for unaccounted expenses, on top of the valid costs which are already too high.

Edited by spooks
  • Like 2

smokey

They were fishing in correct designated grounds along with other vessels, their one was the one boarded, no others.

The navy guys had to follow orders from the Civilian authority, they had no other part other than to do that which they are legally obliged to do.

When the boat was stopped it was fired upon. The fishing boat crew was ordered into the water without floatation devices or askin if there were non swimmers. The order was given to sink the fishing boat. The crew with Chery ann at the helm refused to comply so despite being shot at and the boat holed they were towed back.

Randy is no dumbass. He knew what he was doing on the quay side, even when one of the goons put a pistiol to the back of his head. He made a brave attempt at preventing such a wrongful action, mindful of the risks.

So instead of bad mouthing good people doing good why not a little bit of praise, unless of course that is decidedly too risky for some of the key boad warriors.

We have oher examples of members here doing what is right because its right and more power to them.

I would not do business here again either despite having had a great run at it. The costs of trying to business , no matter what it is, are just too high when factoring in the demand for unaccounted expenses, on top of the valid costs which are already too high.

Well that may be so but somethings are just not ment to be and fishing which is a major staple and in short supply might just be one of the perks a guy gets when he is elected to protect such resources, just having a legal permit often means very little to those in power ... most of us came here to retire not to join a long list of forgotten foreigners who stood up against impossible odds in a country that is not theirs to claim

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1

spooks

When the boat was stopped it was fired upon. The fishing boat crew was ordered into the water without floatation devices or askin if there were non swimmers. The order was given to sink the fishing boat. The crew with Chery ann at the helm refused to comply so despite being shot at and the boat holed they were towed back.

I would not do business here again either despite having had a great run at it. The costs of trying to business , no matter what it is, are just too high when factoring in the demand for unaccounted expenses, on top of the valid costs which are already too high.

Well that may be so but somethings are just not ment to be and fishing which is a major staple and in short supply might just be one of the perks a guy gets when he is elected to protect such resources, just having a legal permit often means very little to those in power ...

The politician involved had been accused of a track record with not too much regard for the law. Around the same time a local journalist was murdered and the same politician was accused publicly of having it done etc. Interestingly enough the municiplaity where the fishing grounds are located had no part in what took place. The politician may have felt he had more gold, guns and goons than his neighbour. There was at the time a series of videos downloaded that gives a more compete picture. One of the commenetaries posted at that time said. The politician accused, denied he was present and had a boarding ticket for a flight that day etc. The video shows him very clearly at the quay side with his goons.....oopsssss

From memory there was a long thread on here with this topic at the time this occured

Edited by spooks

jtmwatchbiz

umm....as the videos show the narrator has a bad habit of verbally taunting the locals. right or wrong, it does makes one wonder if this may have had something to do with his boat being singled out. as i said...if he was looking for trouble he found it.

spooks

umm....as the videos show the narrator has a bad habit of verbally taunting the locals. right or wrong, it does makes one wonder if this may have had something to do with his boat being singled out. as i said...if he was looking for trouble he found it.

This video does not "show the narrator has a bad habit of verbally taunting the locals". This video shows him making it clear that the actions unfolding are not acceptable and that his wife and crew are now at mortal risk. You have no idea how Randy conducted himself with locals in Jasaan where the boat and his wife were based.

Wonder how many more are going to try and blame the victim.

That a well known and respected high profile attorney took the case free of charge because he was disgusted would suggest that locals are very supportive of the victims.

How many of you guys have your legal work volunteered free of charge by a person not known to you.?

Edited by spooks
  • Like 2

Ozepete

Amazing how on one thread we hear about what us geriatric expat Rambos will do if someone dares to rob us. Like grab the wifey's 9mm and wipe out the bad guys. (Just hoping they will stand still long enough for gramps to get his stance right and stop wobbling!)

Yet here is a guy who has been violated on several fronts, his wife is on a boat under threat by a mob of law backed goons and what do we read here.... careful what you say, they might get upset! Well feck them, its about time excuses for what is wrong, stopped.

WRONG is wrong regardless of who, where or what the circumstances are and its this constant justification/ tolerance of bad habits and wrongdoing that is causing it to reoccur over and over again, here in the Philippines.

This guy objected to what was totally wrong and reacted to evil statements that concerned his wife and crew, good on him he was the man and I commend him. :thumbs_up:

Edited by Ozepete
  • Like 4

panther

ozzy its ok you saying feckem while your tucked away in ozzie lol but i bet you would,nt say it face to face to high up official lol we all know how the system works here and its never gonna change anytime soon .

• Like 3

jtmwatchbiz
This video does not "show the narrator has a bad habit of verbally taunting the locals".

well we will have to disagree with that one. from what i seen and heard the narrator was verbally confronting just about anyone on the dock, from officials to mere onlookers while making loud proclamations of how they will all be on UTube. his wife and family were involved in this business and certainly is familiar with the local systems. this being the very competitive fishing trade it makes one wonder if he was expecting this to happen.

now i'm not defending his boat being singled out or him being wrongly accused, but aiming video cameras at the authorities and verbally confronting them may have had a hand in this becoming such a protracted legal battle. now everyone can pile on here with their moral indignation and make proud declarations of their bravado and truth against injustice ad nausea but the fact remains this is not kansas and things may not go along as we like. sometimes one needs to pick their battles carefully.

• Like 2

Mandy

That kind of fishing boat has been declared illegal in the Philippines and i'm wondering how they were able to get a permit.

spooks

That kind of fishing boat has been declared illegal in the Philippines and i'm wondering how they were able to get a permit.

That fishing boat is not illegal please state the type of boat you believe it to be and the law that it breached at that time. The Boat was correctly classified for use in the waters it was fishing in, this was the excuse used by the politician at that time and since discredited. When boarded the nets were inspected(I saw the video) and found to comply despite false statements to the contrary as recorded.

spooks
This video does not "show the narrator has a bad habit of verbally taunting the locals".

well we will have to disagree with that one. from what i seen and heard the narrator was verbally confronting just about anyone on the dock, from officials to mere onlookers while making loud proclamations of how they will all be on UTube. his wife and family were involved in this business and certainly is familiar with the local systems. this being the very competitive fishing trade it makes one wonder if he was expecting this to happen.

now i'm not defending his boat being singled out or him being wrongly accused, but aiming video cameras at the authorities and verbally confronting them may have had a hand in this becoming such a protracted legal battle. now everyone can pile on here with their moral indignation and make proud declarations of their bravado and truth against injustice ad nausea but the fact remains this is not kansas and things may not go along as we like. sometimes one needs to pick their battles carefully.

His aiming the video for live uplink is what saved him from a bullet in the back of the head.

This is not a protracted legal battle, the evidence was compelling enough for out of court settlement, the politician had so much to lose.

• Like 2

smokey

Amazing how on one thread we hear about what us geriatric expat Rambos will do if someone dares to rob us. Like grab the wifey's 9mm and wipe out the bad guys. (Just hoping they will stand still long enough for gramps to get his stance right and stop wobbling!)

Yet here is a guy who has been violated on several fronts, his wife is on a boat under threat by a mob of law backed goons and what do we read here.... careful what you say, they might get upset! Well feck them, its about time excuses for what is wrong, stopped.

WRONG is wrong regardless of who, where or what the circumstances are and its this constant justification/ tolerance of bad habits and wrongdoing that is causing it to reoccur over and over again, here in the Philippines.

This guy objected to what was totally wrong and reacted to evil statements that concerned his wife and crew, good on him he was the man and I commend him. :thumbs_up:

i agree and we vote you to be the one to go tell them politicians how YOU just will not take it anymore your sick of their evil ways and dam it YOUR going to do something about it... and please let us know how it goes rambo

• Like 2

spooks

ozzy its ok you saying feckem while your tucked away in ozzie lol but i bet you would,nt say it face to face to high up official lol we all know how the system works here and its never gonna change anytime soon .

Why not, Randy and others have done so, yes they paid a price for doing it.

Do not forget most officals here, even the petty ones like to think they are too high up to be held accountable for anything, we see that daily.

Some come to the Philippines in order to escape and survive, others come to live and accept the risks of doing so, your life, your choice.

Edited by spooks
  • Like 1

spooks

i agree and we vote you to be the one to go tell them politicians how YOU just will not take it anymore your sick of their evil ways and dam it YOUR going to do something about it... and please let us know how it goes rambo

Who are you to vote anybody to do what you cannot or will not do? Rambolita??
  • Like 1