Sign in to follow this  
Canuck Joe

Boat gets taken by Navy in Bohol Sea

Canuck Joe

Was just poking around on youtube and found this vid. Its from 2009 and shows an expats point of view of a really bad day. Anybody hear of this?

Edited by Canuck Joe

tom_shor

I saw that. Never did hear what the final resolution of it was. Anybody?

Canuck Joe

i felt kind of sick watching that...i snooped around some of his other vids and he is now in Japan fighting this thing. There is no way he could show his face around there after all the YouTube vids.

My guess is a fish kingpin ordered the town to put him out of biz. He is lucky he did not get lynched on that pier.

smokey

i felt kind of sick watching that...i snooped around some of his other vids and he is now in Japan fighting this thing. There is no way he could show his face around there after all the YouTube vids.

My guess is a fish kingpin ordered the town to put him out of biz. He is lucky he did not get lynched on that pier.

well never start a business that does better then a locals unless you have their permission to do well

• Like 2

goldote

well never start a business that does better then a locals unless you have their permission to do well

seems like you must qualify, then wait to be invited.

smokey

you just need to know how it works... walk softly and or carry a bigger stick , in many cases its not what you know or how well you can provide a service or even what you charge its who will allow ;you to do it... low profile means dont make to much money to some

goldote

you just need to know how it works... walk softly and or carry a bigger stick , in many cases its not what you know or how well you can provide a service or even what you charge its who will allow ;you to do it... low profile means dont make to much money to some

Wow, it's nothing like I've ever seen before.

Even the accepted get life style checks.

Wife does all my business.

I'm the foolish tourist. Submerged but happy profile.

spooks

Randy and Cherry Anne owned the fishing boat .

They were NIOT fishing in Gingoog waters but they were hjacked by the navy and taken into Gingoog harbor under political orders.

After their boat was fired upon and impounded they took her away in dead of nite and filed charges. During that time they were shot at and had a politicaly sponsored team of murderers pursue them. The attorney they used was so disgusted by what happened that he offered his services free of charge.

Randy and Cherry ann then moved to Luzon to avoid being murdered and then back to the states.

The twist that caused the Navy such embarrasment was:

Randy was a former SEAL based at SUBIC. When the USA pulled out, Randy was to hand over his fast patrol boat to the Philippine navy as it was not worth taking home.His name is the last US skipper on the plate. The same vessel was the one that fired on his fishing boat. Randy advised them of who he was and what they had done using his old boat, result shame faced embarrassment.

The Politician behind this atrocity had at last time I heard from Randy had lien placed on property owned in the USA. None of which appears on this politicians SALN.

Perhaps a quite settlement for damages has now been agreed

Edited by spooks

Canuck Joe

^ That is an incredible story^

They bloody well should feel shame and a lot of it. WOW!

tom_shor

^ That is an incredible story^

They bloody well should feel shame and a lot of it. WOW!

They probably do not feel shame just anger they got caught pulling a fast one and didn't get their goodies.

The last I had heard was that they had taken the boat back. Glad to hear they did not come to harm over this.

Edited by tom_shor

johnormoc

I'm not surprised by this video. For reasons I obviously can't go into, our boat business was also harassed by local corrupt officials to the point we just gave up and sold the boat. I was also called a liar when I tried to explain we could not operate with the constant demands they made for corruption money. One official just laughed at me and said "I know you are rich. You should not complain about sharing the blessings". I'll never do business in the Phils again.

I'm waiting for the rose colored glasses crowd with their head in the sand to jump on here and defend the locals for what happened to this couple in Medina.

• Like 1

smokey

to understand how this works one has only to look at some industries and see who the owners are.... i found some businesses are almost always owned and the profits enjoyed by a few regardless of that fact that you want to provide more service for the end customers its just not going to happen.... industries that always seem to be off limits I think are. Schools.... in many cases Bars with entertainment,,, loan business,, pawn shops...private industry but with a government stream of customers.. smoke belching ,, businesses that involve natural resources... FISHING,, logging ,, mining.... /// not to say a foreigner who is married can not be involved in these type of businesses but that will be based more on married to who , ,,, this same system is world wide in many ways but in some countries its more out in the open ...

• Like 1

RickyL

Wow, its like Somalia, But the Philippine Navy and police are the pirates.

Edited by RickyL
  • Like 4

karma007

Yes they way he is talking to the locals he is lucky to still be living.

• Like 1

karma007

I'm not surprised by this video. For reasons I obviously can't go into, our boat business was also harassed by local corrupt officials to the point we just gave up and sold the boat. I was also called a liar when I tried to explain we could not operate with the constant demands they made for corruption money. One official just laughed at me and said "I know you are rich. You should not complain about sharing the blessings". I'll never do business in the Phils again.

I'm waiting for the rose colored glasses crowd with their head in the sand to jump on here and defend the locals for what happened to this couple in Medina.

Sorry but it has been well documented not to take on local industries, so you only have your self to blame for any loss. As some one who makes money here, i would never buy a boat to make a living, how could you hide anything ? What ever you do here you need to keep a low profile.